Highly, highly improbable

Michael Lowery

Aug 28, 2008, 12:34:06 PM8/28/08

Dr. McAdams,

I viewed your website dedicated to debunking the theories about the
Kennedy assassination. I truly have a problem with the idea that Oswald
could score any hit with the rifle he is presumed to have used, let alone
2 critical strikes and one of those being a fatal head shot. Carlos
Hathcock, the Marine Corps' lead scout sniper instructor and one of their
highest "confirmed kill" holders in history (with 93 confirmed mission
completions) said several times publicly and to his fellow sniper students
that he had set up a mock motorcade route (with a moving target) to the
same scale and angles given by the Warren Commision and even created a
sniper's nest with the same box arrangement and visability also given by
the Warren Commision. Hathcock even went to the book depository while he
was in dallas and viewed the sniper's nest himself. After dozens of
attempts to carry out a similar feat (with at custom sniper rifle, making
his task easier) he was unable to even score one hit and it was all he
could do to bolt and fire 3 rounds in said time. He said due to Oswald
being a right handed shooter, the sniper's nest layout hindered the
ability to get in a good shooting position, the fact that tree branches
were in the way most of the time during the given window of time to commit
the murder and the moving target made what the Warren Commision gave in
therir report seem so unlikely as to be immpossible. This is a man who
shot a VC man off of a moving bycicle at 2500 yards with at Browning .50
caliber MG with a home-built scope attachment on top of it. That shot
held the worlds record for the longest kill shot until just recently,
being broken by another Marine in Iraq. I don't accept that Oswald had
the skill set to do what is said he did, with no practice or even time to
set up a real sniper's nest and the low quality rifle and scope he
supposedly did it with along with the fact that Carlos Hathcock was unable
to score even a single hit after DOZENS of tries makes the single gunman
reason nothing more than a very far fetched theory, at best.

Barb Junkkarinen

Aug 29, 2008, 3:55:58 PM8/29/08

Hi Michael,

Interesting post. I have heard of Gunny Hathcock ... legend in some
circles, for sure. Do you know if he videotaped any of his setups and
attempts to replicate the 6th floor/Elm St moving target scenario?

Bests,
Barb :-)

David Von Pein

Aug 29, 2008, 9:31:48 PM8/29/08

Michael,

SOMEBODY killed President Kennedy with Oswald's MC rifle. That is a
100% fact.

Unless you want to actually believe that CE567 & 569, the front-seat
fragments linked to LHO's rifle, didn't result from the bullet that
hit JFK in the head. And if you take that stance, the difficulty then
becomes trying to reconcile how two large fragments from Oswald's gun
got into that limo WITHOUT having first gone through the head of Jack
Kennedy.

And ANY alternate explanation regarding those front-seat fragments put
forth by CTers pales on all levels when placed next to the LN scenario
concerning those fragments.

But the LN scenario re. CE567 & 569 has no loose ends or even any
unanswered questions. None. Therefore, Rifle C2766 killed John F.
Kennedy. Period.

So, I'd then ask:

Who is more likely to use Oswald's rifle on any given day than Lee
Harvey Oswald?

Answer: Nobody.

And then when we add in all the OTHER evidence that indicates Oswald
is guilty as Hitler, including LHO's incredibly-guilty-like actions
after the assassination (killing Tippit, telling one lie after
another, etc.)....then Oz's guilt becomes fixed in cement.

Hathcock's meaningless shooting tests notwithstanding, Lee Harvey
Oswald murdered a President in 1963.

Anthony Marsh

Aug 29, 2008, 9:43:25 PM8/29/08

Hancock was basing it on one scenario the WC laid out. It is too difficult
to get three hits within 5.6 seconds. It is quite easy to get 1 hit out of
9 seconds.

> Bests,
> Barb :-)

Anthony Marsh

Aug 29, 2008, 9:48:30 PM8/29/08

But Hathcock was only basing it on one scenario put forth by the WC. It
is very difficult to get three hits within 5.6 seconds, but easy to get
one hit in 9 seconds.

cdddraftsman

Aug 29, 2008, 9:58:34 PM8/29/08

LHO Shot Expert In The Marine Corp's :

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52qekip

Thomas H. Purvis wrote :

( Pre-Qualification shooting of LHO ) :

200 Yard Rapid Fire

Friday , Dec 21 ( Qualification ) : Score of 48 out of maximum of
possible 50 .

Thursday , December 20 ( practice ) : Score of 43 out of maximum of
possible 50 .

Wednesday , December 19 ( practice ) : Score of 49 out of maximum of
possible 50.

Tuesday , December 18 ( practice ) : Score of 73 out of maximum of
possible 80 .

Monday , December 17 ( practice ) : Appears to be a score of 46 out
of
maximum of possible 50 .

Thursday : ( prior week ) first day of shooting practice : Score of
24
out of maximum of possible 25 .

It appears that this 200 yard rapid fire shooting was from the sitting
position , and this also represents some of the best shooting of/by LHO .

And , the above results demonstrate that LHO was quite proficient with the
rifle , in a rapid fire exercise , at a range of 200 yards , which happens
to be twice the distance of the longest shot made in Dealy Plaza .

What most are unaware of in the shooting skills of LHO ( & all Marines ) ,
is that their qualification , not unlike he ACT/GED/etc ; etc ; etc ; is
based on shooting ability from a number of different shooting positions ,
from a variety of ranges/distances .

Therefore , one could shoot absolutely perfect scores at shorter ranges
and from stable firing positions , yet do badly on other portions of the
course at longer ranges and different positions , and only therefore only
qualify to the basic minimum " Marksman " or " Sharpshooter " ability .

For all practical purposes , LHO initially began shooting in the high "
EXPERT " range for the 200 yard-rapid fire exercise , from the sitting
position . And , even on the day in which he qualified at only barely a "
Sharpshooter ", he still was in the 96 percentile rating for this
particular portion of the qualification which was for the shorter ranges
from a stable firing position ( sitting ) .

The USMC rifle qualification requires shooting from the sitting position ;
kneeling position ; prone position ; and unfortunately for many , the "
Off-Hand " position , which is standing with absolutely nothing except the
feet on the ground for firing position/platform stability .

In addition , ranges for qualification begin at the 200 yard mark and
thereafter progress to 300 yard targets , and then to 500 yard targets .

So , based on LHO's initial/entry shooting ability , as well as his
shooting skill at the time of qualification , one can rest assured that
they did not want LHO to be shooting at them at a distance of 200 yards ,
in a rapid-fire condition , when he had a stable/sitting position .

And , without going through all of the specifics of his shooting ability
at the 300 yard/rapid fire portion of final qualification , it should
suffice to demonstrate that he fired a score of 46 out of a maximum
possible score of 50 , on this portion of qualification .

LHO stepped up to the plate and fired five rounds , rapid fire , at a
target that was 200 yards down range .

His score was a 24 our of a possible maximum of 25 , and four of the
rounds fired struck within a shot pattern grouping of less than a 4- inch
square .

Now , to LHO's final Range Fire Qualification on December 21 :

The USMC Range Fire Qualification consisted of firing on five (5)
different firing stations , which were :

a. 200 yard Rapid Fire b. 300 yard Rapid Fire c. 200 yard Slow d. 300 yard
Slow e. 500 yard Slow

Each station carried a weight/maximum points of 50 points , for 250 points
maximum score .

Marksmanship qualifications ratings for the earned scores were :

a. 190 to 209 score-----------------Marksman
b. 210 to 219 score-----------------Sharpshooter
c. 220 to 250 score-----------------Expert

Therefore, one had to shoot in the 88th percentile or above , in order to
attain the " EXPERT " qualification . ( 220 divided by 250 = .88 )

December 21 Range Fire Qualification of LHO :

1. 200 yard Rapid Fire :-------------Score : 48 out of possible
50--------% rating :---96%
Classification for this shooting station :---------UPPER EXPERT
range .

2. 300 yard Rapid Fire :-------------Score : 46 out of possible
50--------% rating :--92%
Classification for this shooting station :---------UPPER EXPERT
range .

3. 500 yard Slow Fire :--------------Score : 46 out of possible
50--------% rating :--92%
Classification for this shooting station :--------UPPER EXPERT range.

4. 200 yard Slow Fire :--------------Score : 39 out of possible
50--------% rating :--78%
Classification for this shooting station :--------- BOTTOM range for
Marksman qualification.

5. 300 yard Slow Fire :--------------Score : 33 out of possible
50--------% rating :--66%
Classification for this shooting station :-------Failure. Does not
even qualify for Marksman .

Now !

The 200 yard Rapid Fire was shot from the sitting position .

The 300 yard Raid Fire was shot from the prone position .

The 500 yard Slow Fire was shot from the prone position .

The 200 yard Slow Fire was shot from the off-hand ( standing
position ) *

The 300 yard slow fire appears to have been from the kneeling
position.**

* The 200 yard SLOW FIRE station is shot from the Off-Hand/ standing
position in which the shooter must provide the stable platform for firing
. It is one of the most difficult shooting positions for most to master
and requires considerable concentration along with breathing control , etc
;.

**Although the 300 yard " SLOW-FIRE " station was a complete failure for
LHO , it is noted that wind speeds had increased from virtually ZERO at
previous stations to 5mph by the time that he fired this station . And ,
during this firing station , his " Windage " sight adjustment was changed
through four different adjustments in an attempt to get the correct
sighting which would compensate for the wind speed increase . Even with
this , LHO managed a relative good " shot grouping ", just that they were
all concentrated just below and to the right of target center .

The 300 yard Slow Fire was shot from the kneeling position .

>From this information , and that which demonstrates that LHO entered

the USMC shooting virtually EXPERT from any stable firing position , one
can see that given a fixed firing position such as a bench rest and/or a
window ledge and cardboard boxes to sit and rest on , LHO easily fired in
the UPPER EXPERT ranges for the USMC qualification .

His capability for " Free-Hand "/Off-Hand/standing & unsupported firing
was marginal , and his virtual failure at the 300 yard Slow- Fire station
is directly attributal to repeated attempts to correct for an increase in
wind speed by changing his windage adjustment through 4 different
positions through the course of the 10 shots fired .

Anyone who thinks that LHO was not an excellent shot , knows little of
what they speak .

Now, had he been standing in the middle of a cow pasture with absolutely
no means of support, then he most probably would have missed JFK on at
least one of the three shots .

He was not in a cow pasture .

He was , for all practical purposes , firing from a sitting/bench rest
position in which he could support his entire arms as well as the weapon
for shooting accuracy . ( see Bench Rest for shooting accuracy ) .

>From which position , LHO entered the USMC shooting virtually

uppermost ranges for EXPERT , and qualified on December 21 in the
uppermost ranges for EXPERT , in a rapid-fire shooting environment .

Ask a Marine shooter about this .

end .......

tl

gwmcc...@earthlink.net

Aug 30, 2008, 1:51:21 PM8/30/08

Look, it might have been a one-in-a-billion--hell, a one-in-a-
TRILLION--shot. What we know is, it happened. I don't believe the feat was
as difficult as it is often, as here, made out to be; sometimes the
"tests" have been based on erroneous information as to Kennedy's and
Connally's position's in the limousine (disinformation on that score has
been prevalent since Mark Lane's first book). But even if Oswald's making
the shot was an incredible fluke, guess what--the world is full of
incredible flukes. The concept of probability implies that improbable
things must--albeit rarely--happen. "Improbable" does not mean
"impossible."

/sandy

Anthony Marsh

Aug 30, 2008, 2:12:17 PM8/30/08

Logical fallacy. You are citing the exceptional and ignoring the
average. A man bets on the horses and wins 1 out of 10 races. You cite
only the 1 where he wins and say that proves he is an expert. You don't
tell people about the 9 he lost.

You mean like the Marine Corps?

Anthony Marsh

Aug 30, 2008, 2:13:44 PM8/30/08
David Von Pein wrote:

> Michael,
>
> SOMEBODY killed President Kennedy with Oswald's MC rifle. That is a
> 100% fact.
>
> Unless you want to actually believe that CE567 & 569, the front-seat
> fragments linked to LHO's rifle, didn't result from the bullet that
> hit JFK in the head. And if you take that stance, the difficulty then

There you are wrong and it is not necessary to link them to the head wound
to prove that they were fired from Oswald's rifle. They were ballistically
matched to Oswald's rifle. They could have come from a different shot.
Maybe Mark Furhman thinks that they came from the bullet which exited
Kennedy's throat and hit the chrome topping. I think they came from the
bullet which hit Connally's wrist.

> becomes trying to reconcile how two large fragments from Oswald's gun
> got into that limo WITHOUT having first gone through the head of Jack
> Kennedy.

The two large fragments did not have to go through Kennedy's head in order
to have been fired from Oswald's rifle. How do you get an intact bullet
leaving Kennedy's head on a DOWNWARD trajectory to fall into the front
seat? Are you Houdini?

http://the-puzzle-palace.com/jfktrbig.gif

> And ANY alternate explanation regarding those front-seat fragments put
> forth by CTers pales on all levels when placed next to the LN scenario
> concerning those fragments.

Silly. You can't even explain how an intact bullet leaving the head on a
downward trajectory could end up in the front seat.

> But the LN scenario re. CE567 & 569 has no loose ends or even any
> unanswered questions. None. Therefore, Rifle C2766 killed John F.
> Kennedy. Period.

Answer this question. The base fragment was only the jacket. The lead
core was missing. Where did that lead core go? Prove it. Show it to me.

cdddraftsman

Aug 30, 2008, 8:40:40 PM8/30/08

Good post ........... I would take it even further to suggest that it's
highly highly probable that when shooting at a live target , a once in a
life opportunity , that LHO had the shooting skills to pull off this minor
feat that adds up to demising camelot in 8.3 seconds of a one hour lunch
break !

tl

r2bz...@sbcglobal.net

Aug 30, 2008, 8:48:26 PM8/30/08
On Aug 28, 9:34 am, Michael Lowery <mclow...@hotmail.com> wrote:

***First one has to know what the time frame actually was.

Abraham Zapruder said he heard a shot and saw JFK slump over to his left.
That would place the first shot after the tree was cleared by the limo.
Thus there was no obstruction for a 6th floor shooter. Mr. Marine sniper
couldn't miss the shot, if he could hit a bicycle rider at 2,500 yards.
JFK was only 65 yards. If Mr. Sniper could not make a single hit after
dozens of tries, he couldn't hit a bicycle rider at 2,500 yards, either.

The low quality rifle was balisticly sound. As tested, the scope threw
off the shots high and to the right, but it is not known whether the scope
was used. At 65 yards, the iron sight was ample. One did not need to be
a high caliber sniper.

The 6th floor sniper nest was already inadvertantly set up by the workers
who deposited the boxes of books in the southeast corner. The shooter only
had to move a few boxes around.

Believing Oswald was the shooter, as i do, it may well be that part of it
was luck. Oswald could have been aiming to hit the head on the first shot
and missed low, hitting the upper back, just below the neck.

The limo then slowed down in the confusion and was going mostly away,
making JFK the closest he would have been to a stationary target, allowing
Oswald a better shot.

***Ron Judge

r2bz...@sbcglobal.net

Aug 30, 2008, 8:49:13 PM8/30/08
> > Oswald murdered a President in 1963.- Hide quoted text -

***I think it is called deflection. The bullet made an ovoid hole in the
back of the skull. The bullet would no longer have been stable once it
struck the skull. The trajectory would have been altered. The mark on the
windshield indicated that the exiting bullet struck it. The windshield was
angled and would tend to deflect an object downward toward the seat.

***Ron Judge

mclow...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2008, 9:08:36 PM8/30/08
How conclusive is the ballistic evidence? Does it show photographically
that the bullet fragments are 100% matched and fired from LHO's rifle? I
really don't know so I am asking honestly here. Also, isn't it possible,
if rifles used in a conspiracy, could be switched out with the actual
rifle that did the killing through the shuffling of evidence or that
planted ballistic evidence fired later from LHO's rifle was injected into
the crime scene? The plot to kill the U.S. president, even with 1963
Secret Service protocols becomes a very difficult feat to pull off by
one's self. Who gave Oswald the motorcade agenda and exact route? Was
there diversion routes in the S.S.'s security planning at all? Was
Kennedy's limo driver a shining example of "slacking on the job" when he
allowed the vehicle to slow down drastically or did he give Oswald much
better odds of success by offering him a much easier target? I'm saying
if there was a conspiracy to kill the president, it was not only a success
it was an ideal success due to the fact that any others involved got away
with it. Why was there no evidence of nitrates on LHO's face only on his
hands? I believe he shot Tippit at that theater and that explains his
hands showing nitrate, there should have been on his face still also
because he obviously would have none on his hands if he washed well enough
to remove nitrates from his face, I would think.

I am interested in the ballistics evidence and this is a big deal in my
mind because I've never heard a rock solid conclusion is evident about it.
Another guy said it may have been a one in a billion shot, but it was that
one in a billion day and I have to say yes to that idea because it IS
possible, but it is also unlikely all at the same time.

My mention of Carlos Hathcock is to say I hold the word of a highly
trained assassin who's tools of trade were mainly high powered bolt action
rifles and a man who is solidly known for pulling off very difficult shots
successfully, all executed on actual human targets, is saying a whole hell
of a lot when he admits to not being able to pull off a similar event
reported by the WC (in the required time frame) even using a custom made,
high grade weapon.

yeuhd

Aug 30, 2008, 11:59:10 PM8/30/08
On Aug 30, 9:08 pm, mclower...@gmail.com wrote:
> How conclusive is the ballistic evidence?  Does it show photographically
> that the bullet fragments are 100% matched and fired from LHO's rifle?

Warren Commission testimony of Robert A. Frazier, FBI firearms expert
(pp. 428-437):
http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh3/html/WC_Vol3_0218b.htm

Warren Commission testimony of Joseph D. Nicol, Superintendent of the
Illinois Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (pp.
497-502):
http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh3/html/WC_Vol3_0253a.htm

> Who gave Oswald the motorcade agenda and exact route?

The exact motorcade route was published in Dallas newspapers on
November 19, 1963:
http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh22/html/WH_Vol22_0322b.htm
http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh22/html/WH_Vol22_0323a.htm

> Why was there no evidence of nitrates on LHO's face only on his
> hands?

Warren Commission Report, po. 561-562:

A revolver is so constructed that there is a space between the cylinder,
which bears the chambers, and the barrel. When a revolver is fired,
nitrate-bearing gases escape through this space and may leave residues on
the. hand. 91 In a rifle, however, there is no gap between the chamber and
the barrel, and one would therefore not expect nitrates to be deposited
upon a person's hands or cheeks as a result of his firing a rifle. As
Cunningham [Cortlandt Cunningham, FBI firearms expert] testified:

Mr. CUNNINGHAM. ... I personally wouldn't expect to find any residues on a
person's right cheek after firing a rifle due to the fact that by the very
principles and the manufacture and the action, the cartridge itself is
sealed into the chamber by the bolt being closed behind it, and upon
firing the case, the cartridge case expands into the chamber filling it up
and sealing it off from the gases, so none will come back in your face,
and so by its very nature, I would not expect to find residue on the right
cheek of a shooter.

The unreliability of the paraffin test has been demonstrated by
experiments run by the FBI. In one experiment, conducted prior to the
assassination, paraffin tests were performed on 17 men who had just fired
5 shots with a .38-caliber revolver. Eight men tested negative in both
hands, three men tested positive on the idle hand and negative on the
firing hand, two men tested positive on the firing hand and negative on
the idle hand, and four men tested positive on both their firing and idle
hands. In a second experiment, paraffin tests were performed on 29
persons, 9 of whom had just fired a revolver or an automatic, and 20 of
whom had not fired a weapon. All 29 persons tested positive on either or
both hands. In a third experiment, performed after the assassination, an
agent of the FBI, using the C2766 rifle [the Carcano found on the 6th
floor], fired three rounds of Western 6.5-millimeter Mannlicher-Carcano
ammunition in rapid succession. A paraffin test was then performed on both
of his hands and his right cheek. Both of his hands and his cheek tested
negative.

> I believe he shot Tippit at that theater and that explains his
> hands showing nitrate, there should have been on his face still also
> because he obviously would have none on his hands if he washed well enough
> to remove nitrates from his face, I would think.

Oswald did not shoot Officer Tippit at a theater. He shot Tippit 0.6
mile away at 10th & Patton, then proceeded to the Texas Theater, where
he was arrested:
http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wr/html/WCReport_0091b.htm

jfk...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2008, 7:15:50 PM8/31/08

Nobody even saw LHO with the M/C after the return to Dallas. How
could he have pulled off such a feat without even practicing? In
addition, nobody saw him with ammo for the M/C, nor was any ammo found
with any connection to him.

Only in America, if you don't have enough evidence to prosecute a
case, do you just make sure the accused doesn't live to stand trial
and then have 'credible' people tell you what to think about it.

Anthony Marsh

Sep 1, 2008, 12:25:27 AM9/1/08
mclow...@gmail.com wrote:
> How conclusive is the ballistic evidence? Does it show photographically

There are some major problems with the ballistics evidence, but it does
prove some things.

> that the bullet fragments are 100% matched and fired from LHO's rifle? I

The two largest fragments which were found in the front seat area of the
limo were ballistically matched to Oswald's rifle. Also the bullet CE 399.
There is no proof that CE 399 was fired during the assassination, but it
can not be ruled out.

> really don't know so I am asking honestly here. Also, isn't it possible,
> if rifles used in a conspiracy, could be switched out with the actual
> rifle that did the killing through the shuffling of evidence or that
> planted ballistic evidence fired later from LHO's rifle was injected into
> the crime scene? The plot to kill the U.S. president, even with 1963

Not sure what scenario you are thinking of, but it is not possible for
the shooter in the TSBD to use a different rifle and then plant Oswald's
rifle.

> Secret Service protocols becomes a very difficult feat to pull off by
> one's self. Who gave Oswald the motorcade agenda and exact route? Was

He could have read about it in the newspaper or heard about it from
fellow workers.

> there diversion routes in the S.S.'s security planning at all? Was

The SS routinely practiced diversionary tactics and after the shooting
rerouted to the hospital.

> Kennedy's limo driver a shining example of "slacking on the job" when he
> allowed the vehicle to slow down drastically or did he give Oswald much
> better odds of success by offering him a much easier target? I'm saying

The SS limo driver was old and not on the top of his game. His slow
reactions contributed to the problem, but even a quick reaction would not
guarantee that they would get out alive.

> if there was a conspiracy to kill the president, it was not only a success
> it was an ideal success due to the fact that any others involved got away

It was not a perfect success. Little mistakes were made which give us clues.

> with it. Why was there no evidence of nitrates on LHO's face only on his

The rifle would not normally deposit nitrates on the shooter's face.
Also, what if Oswald was not the shooter in the TSBD?

> hands? I believe he shot Tippit at that theater and that explains his
> hands showing nitrate, there should have been on his face still also

He shot Tippit on a street a few blocks away. The nitrate test is
unreliable. In the future there will be another test which can tell us
which brand of bullets was used. And it will indicate the brands that
Oswald had.

> because he obviously would have none on his hands if he washed well enough
> to remove nitrates from his face, I would think.

Oswald had no time to wash.

> I am interested in the ballistics evidence and this is a big deal in my
> mind because I've never heard a rock solid conclusion is evident about it.

You should be particularly interested in the bullet lead analysis. If
you are interested enough you should help arrange for control tests to
be done on similar brands of M-C bullets.

> Another guy said it may have been a one in a billion shot, but it was that
> one in a billion day and I have to say yes to that idea because it IS
> possible, but it is also unlikely all at the same time.

The thing I find amusing is when we point out that something was
physically impossible, the WC defenders say that is was possible only
that day because Oswald was so excited to be shooting the President that
anything is possible.

> My mention of Carlos Hathcock is to say I hold the word of a highly
> trained assassin who's tools of trade were mainly high powered bolt action
> rifles and a man who is solidly known for pulling off very difficult shots
> successfully, all executed on actual human targets, is saying a whole hell
> of a lot when he admits to not being able to pull off a similar event
> reported by the WC (in the required time frame) even using a custom made,
> high grade weapon.

Hathcock is interesting, but he usually fired single shots at relatively
stationary targets not moving across his field of vision. And he never
analyzed the flight characteristics of Oswald's model to see the problems
it presents.

Anthony Marsh

Sep 1, 2008, 12:31:51 AM9/1/08

I don't agree with your shot, but your idea is correct that a bullet would
be deflected. But the Dale Myers diagram I pointed out and the HSCA
diagram do not show any deflection and neither can explain where the
bullet would go on that downward trajectory. I also think you can not
overlook the fact that some bullet broke up while inside the head. An
intact bullet does not leave a storm of dustlike lead particles in the
brain.

The problem with the windshield mark is that it is so slight and only
populated by lead core fragments that it could not have been caused by one
of the two large fragments found in the front seat compartment. However,
it could have been caused by the lead core which had been squeezed out of
the base fragment as only the jacket material was left on that one.

Anthony Marsh

Sep 1, 2008, 12:32:33 AM9/1/08

I might agree with you, but you have not provided any proof for that idea.

> Thus there was no obstruction for a 6th floor shooter. Mr. Marine sniper
> couldn't miss the shot, if he could hit a bicycle rider at 2,500 yards.
> JFK was only 65 yards. If Mr. Sniper could not make a single hit after
> dozens of tries, he couldn't hit a bicycle rider at 2,500 yards, either.

Hathcock could fire through branches.

> The low quality rifle was balisticly sound. As tested, the scope threw

No, it wasn't. It had a very high midrange trajectory, almost 10 inches
about the LOS.

> off the shots high and to the right, but it is not known whether the scope
> was used. At 65 yards, the iron sight was ample. One did not need to be
> a high caliber sniper.

At 65 yard the iron sights would make the bullet hit about 6 inches
above the LOS as the iron sights were preset at 200 or 300 meters.

> The 6th floor sniper nest was already inadvertantly set up by the workers
> who deposited the boxes of books in the southeast corner. The shooter only
> had to move a few boxes around.

Finally someone gets it!

> Believing Oswald was the shooter, as i do, it may well be that part of it
> was luck. Oswald could have been aiming to hit the head on the first shot
> and missed low, hitting the upper back, just below the neck.

Part of it was luck. His rifle jammed, causing the grassy knoll gunman
to make the head shot.

> The limo then slowed down in the confusion and was going mostly away,

Consider two scenarios. One, that Greer saw Clint Hill trying to catch up
to the limo and slowed down to let him climb on. Or two, that Greer had a
Rosemary Woods moment and when he turned his head to look back and see
what was happening he accidentally took his foot off the gas pedal.