SS Maasdam - passenger list

Peter Fokes

Aug 24, 2006, 12:31:18 PM8/24/06
I've scanned in the entire passenger list for the SS Maasdam. I'll try
to get the pages up on the web this week. Here's the first page with a
cover shot of the ship:

http://www.toronto.hm/ss_maasdam.html

Peter Fokes

Peter Fokes

Aug 25, 2006, 2:02:59 PM8/25/06
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:31:18 -0400, Peter Fokes<jp...@toronto.hm>
wrote:

All pages now online. Link to next consecutive page at bottom of each
page.

When I get some time, I'll type up a list of all the passenger names.
Some of the names are difficult to decipher on the webpages.

Peter Fokes

Peter Fokes

Aug 25, 2006, 2:59:04 PM8/25/06
Before someone asks ... I am aware that the names jump from "Bounin"
at the bottom of one page and start again with "Durant" at the top of
the next page.

It is clear I am missing a page. Someone wrote in a running tally of
the number of passengers at the top of two columns on each page
(adults and children). I count 41 adults and 9 children on the first
page. The next page shows a tally at the top of these columns of 90
adults and 27 children, so it appears there is another page with a
total of 49 adults and 18 children.

Now, whether I have misplaced a page, or a page was inadvertently left
out when the copy was sent to me is still in question. I did keep the
pages together in the original envelope though.

I've emailed my source to check for this additional page with names
between "Bounin" and "Durant".

Ya, I know. It was destroyed by the EVIL MINIONS!!!

hehe

PF

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:02:59 -0400, Peter Fokes<jp...@toronto.hm>

Peter Fokes

Aug 26, 2006, 2:01:37 PM8/26/06
My source has emailed me the missing page, and I have now uploaded it
to my website as

http://www.toronto.hm/ss_maasdam1a.html

Couple of interesting surnames: Chaney and Breslin

He also sent me a color photo of the ship:

http://www.toronto.hm/ss_maasdama.html

Peter Fokes

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:59:04 -0400, Peter Fokes<jp...@toronto.hm>

Peter Fokes

Aug 28, 2006, 11:07:44 AM8/28/06
The SS Maasdam was sold, and renamed several times before ending up in
Greece. The ship was dismantled in 2000 AD.

http://www.toronto.hm/ss_maasdamend.html

R.I.P.

Now about that cache of yellowing and dusty papers found in a cabin
wall ...........

hehe

PF

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:01:37 -0400, Peter Fokes<jp...@toronto.hm>

Peter Fokes

Sep 27, 2006, 5:32:48 PM9/27/06
Correction: The ship was scrapped
in Aliaga, Turkey.

By the way, the Maasdam name has carried on ..here is a photo of the
MS Maasdam.

http://www.vdleek.nl/Hal/Vloot/Madm-5.jpg

G. Gordon Liddy was a featured special guest aboard a cruise on the MS
Maasdam in August 1997.

Every ship needs a legend.

hehe

PF

The SS Maasdam was sold, and renamed several times before ending up in
Greece. The ship was dismantled in 2000 AD.

http://www.toronto.hm/ss_maasdamend.html

R.I.P.

Now about that cache of yellowing and dusty papers found in a cabin
wall ...........

hehe

PF

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:01:37 -0400, Peter Fokes<jp...@toronto.hm>

Backstreet Aftermath

Oct 10, 2006, 12:09:07 AM10/10/06
G.Gordon Liddy,(of Watergate) was he the one who held his hand over
open flames to be macho?

ZOOM

Peter Fokes

Oct 11, 2006, 12:42:13 PM10/11/06
On 10 Oct 2006 00:09:07 -0400, zoom...@webtv.net (Backstreet
Aftermath) wrote:

Same fellow, yup.

Travelling as special guest on the new MS Maasdam

Liddy's Maasdam:

http://www.vdleek.nl/Hal/Vloot/Madm-5.jpg

Oswald's Maasdam: