My Server is Unavailable/Network Problems at Marquette

John McAdams

Jun 12, 2010, 12:08:34 AM6/12/10
The subject says it.

Both my news server and my web server are, at the moment, unavailable,
due to network problems at Marquette.

.John

--
Kennedy Assassination Home Page
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Grizzlie Antagonist

Jun 12, 2010, 11:37:17 AM6/12/10
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 04:08:34 GMT, john.m...@marquette.edu (John
McAdams) wrote:

>The subject says it.
>
>Both my news server and my web server are, at the moment, unavailable,
>due to network problems at Marquette.
>
>.John

Shouldn't your CIA masters be making sure that your news server and
web server are working like a well-oiled machine?

You must have given them some hint that you were thinking of leaving
the reservation and this is their way of warning you.

John McAdams

Jun 14, 2010, 11:05:01 AM6/14/10
On 12 Jun 2010 11:37:17 -0400, Grizzlie Antagonist
<lloydso...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 04:08:34 GMT, john.m...@marquette.edu (John
>McAdams) wrote:
>
>>The subject says it.
>>
>>Both my news server and my web server are, at the moment, unavailable,
>>due to network problems at Marquette.
>>
>>.John
>

>Shouldn't your CIA masters be making sure that your news server and
>web server are working like a well-oiled machine?

My server was working fine.

I'm going to have to tell the IT folks at Langley to do something
about the Marquette network. :-)

>You must have given them some hint that you were thinking of leaving
>the reservation and this is their way of warning you.

Right. I was planning to announce that I have iron-clad evidence of a
conspiracy!

.John
--------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

Jun 14, 2010, 12:24:23 PM6/14/10

>>> "I was planning to announce that I have iron-clad evidence of a conspiracy!" <<<

Me too. I've recently discovered the smoking gun:

Garland Slack shot JFK.

I kept telling the DPD in '63 to "pick up the Slack"; but they
apparently didn't understand what I meant.

So, Garland got off scot-free.

David Von Pein

Jun 14, 2010, 7:46:50 PM6/14/10

I find it kind of interesting to note that even some LNers (like
"Grizzlie Antagonist") apparently believe Prof. McAdams has CIA ties.

Kooks come in all stripes these days, it would appear.

John McAdams

Jun 14, 2010, 7:50:39 PM6/14/10
On 14 Jun 2010 19:46:50 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:

>I find it kind of interesting to note that even some LNers (like
>"Grizzlie Antagonist") apparently believe Prof. McAdams has CIA ties.
>
>Kooks come in all stripes these days, it would appear.

Uh . . . Dave, he was joking.

Admitted, in this field, it's hard to tell who is joking.

I wouldn't be surprised if, any day now, Fetzer says "ha, ha, ha!! Boy
did I have you folks going!"

.John

--
The Kennedy Assassination Home Page
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

Jun 15, 2010, 12:05:25 AM6/15/10

>>> "Dave, he was joking." <<<

Yeah, I know.

I was hoping my last post would be rejected. I hadn't realized Griz
was joking until about three seconds after I made that post. :)

John McAdams

Jun 15, 2010, 12:07:41 AM6/15/10
On 15 Jun 2010 00:05:25 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:

Yea, I probably should have put it up for a rejection.

But I thought "I'll let it go, and correct it on the newsgroup, since
there are probably other people who may also have not gotten the
jibe."

Grizzlie Antagonist

Jun 15, 2010, 12:17:19 AM6/15/10
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:50:39 GMT, john.m...@marquette.edu (John
McAdams) wrote:

>On 14 Jun 2010 19:46:50 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>

>>I find it kind of interesting to note that even some LNers (like
>>"Grizzlie Antagonist") apparently believe Prof. McAdams has CIA ties.
>>
>>Kooks come in all stripes these days, it would appear.
>>

>Uh . . . Dave, he was joking.

Yes, I was.

Grizzlie Antagonist

Jun 15, 2010, 6:47:43 PM6/15/10
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 04:07:41 GMT, john.m...@marquette.edu (John
McAdams) wrote:

>>Yeah, I know.
>>
>>I was hoping my last post would be rejected. I hadn't realized Griz
>>was joking until about three seconds after I made that post. :)
>>

>Yea, I probably should have put it up for a rejection.
>
>But I thought "I'll let it go, and correct it on the newsgroup, since
>there are probably other people who may also have not gotten the
>jibe."
>
>.John

Subtlety is my forte.

Being called a "kook" is relatively trivial.

I was a little more surprised a week or two ago when another poster --
a CT -- was allowed to publicly suggest that he might water my grave
someday if he ever found out where it was.

John McAdams

Jun 16, 2010, 10:43:22 AM6/16/10
On 15 Jun 2010 18:47:43 -0400, Grizzlie Antagonist
<lloydso...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Oh, my!

Sorry that one got past us.

.John