a.a.jfk poll

black...@aol.com

Dec 7, 2007, 9:39:12 PM12/7/07
Based on an idea by Stephen Turner in the Simkin Education Forum:
Vote for your faves/unfaves here! Copy this form and vote or add
comments:

1) BEST OVERALL POSTER

2) BEST INDIVIDUAL POST OR THREAD

3) BEST CT

4) BEST LN

5) BEST MIDDLE-ROADER

6) FUNNIEST POSTER

7) POSTER MOST LIKELY TO BE CIA, FBI, NSA, MI5, MI6 (ETC.) AGENT

8) BEST MODERATOR

9) VOICE OF REASON AWARD

10) MOST PROLIFIC POSTER (QUANTITY)

11) MOST WELL-SPOKEN POSTER

12) WORST POSTER

13) WORST POST OR TOPIC

14) TOPIC YOU WISH WOULD GO AWAY

Disclaimer: This is all for holiday fun. Please be gentle and try to
keep it within moderation guidelines. Feel free to add categories as
needed. Happy Holidays to all!

black...@aol.com

Dec 8, 2007, 11:39:22 PM12/8/07
OK, I'll go first:

On Dec 7, 9:39 pm, "blackbu...@aol.com" <blackbu...@aol.com> wrote:
> Based on an idea by Stephen Turner in the Simkin Education Forum:
> Vote for your faves/unfaves here! Copy this form and vote or add
> comments:
>
> 1) BEST OVERALL POSTER

Don Roberdeau

> 2) BEST INDIVIDUAL POST OR THREAD

Ken Rahn's picture profiles

> 3) BEST CT
Greg Parker, Peter Fokes, Barb Junkkarinen, Martin Shackelford

> 4) BEST LN
Dave Reitzes, David Von Pein

> 5) BEST MIDDLE-ROADER
Still thinking

> 6) FUNNIEST POSTER
I like to think I'm pretty funny

> 7) POSTER MOST LIKELY TO BE CIA, FBI, NSA, MI5, MI6 (ETC.) AGENT

John McAdams, of course!

> 8) BEST MODERATOR
Well, a narrow field...John McA

> 9) VOICE OF REASON AWARD

Dennis Morrisette

> 10) MOST PROLIFIC POSTER (QUANTITY)

Tomnln

> 11) MOST WELL-SPOKEN POSTER
Martin. Also, the briefest...

> 12) WORST POSTER
Sorry, Tomnln

> 13) WORST POST OR TOPIC

Greer shoots JFK

> 14) TOPIC YOU WISH WOULD GO AWAY

The continuing battles over JVB. Let's accept the staus quo and have a
beer.

Mitch Todd

Dec 10, 2007, 1:37:58 AM12/10/07
I don't know if I would boil it down to a series of "best" awards.
I'd rather do it more like this:

The Class Acts:
blackburst
Tom Pinkston
Jean Davidson
Don Roberdeau
James Olmstead

People Whose Stuff I Routinely Follow/Find Interesting:
[the already named and...]
Andrew Mason
John Canal
Peter Whitmey
Peter Fokes
John Hunt
Gary Aguilar
Ron Judge
Ken Rahn

Special Technical Award for Esoteric Arguments:
Herbert Blenner

Cut That Out, You!
The Tired Veterans of the Judyth Wars

Low Signal-toNoise Ratio:
Tom Lowry
Rossley
Tony Marsh

Lifetime Achievement Award for Making it Happen:
John McAdams, the the role of Dr Sinister Sashay

Miss Hearing From:
Joel Grant
Ricky Tobias
Jerry Organ
Chad Zimmerman
John Hill
Michael O'Dell
Paul Seaton
Dennis Morrisette
Doc Truth (yeah, I know)
Judy&JFK

Don't Miss At All:
Robert Harris
The LaFontaines

Humbly, MST

black...@aol.com

Dec 10, 2007, 5:24:33 PM12/10/07

NICE! You mentioned names I had forgetten about!

Anthony Marsh

Dec 10, 2007, 9:14:34 PM12/10/07

Tell us that we can't figure out that you are a WC defender.

eric_r_carlson

Dec 10, 2007, 9:45:10 PM12/10/07
> The Class Acts:

blackburst
Jean Davidson
James Olmstead
Peter Fokes

> People Whose Stuff I Routinely Follow/Find Interesting:

Peter Fokes
Martin Schakelford

> Special Technical Award for Esoteric Arguments:

Peter Fokes

> Low Signal-to-Noise Ratio:

Tony Marsh
Tomln

> Lifetime Achievement Award for Making it Happen:
John McAdams

> Miss Hearing From:
Chad Zimmerman

> Best CT:

Peter Fokes

> Best LN:

John McAdams

> Best middle roader:

James Olmstead

11) MOST WELL-SPOKEN POSTER

Martin Shakleford on this board, (Len Colby for overall JFK topic
boards)

14) TOPIC YOU WISH WOULD GO AWAY

Judyth bickering,
the whole Magic bullet theory

John McAdams

Dec 10, 2007, 9:56:41 PM12/10/07
On 10 Dec 2007 21:45:10 -0500, eric_r_carlson <aliv...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>> The Class Acts:
>
>blackburst
>Jean Davidson
>James Olmstead
>Peter Fokes

I would add:

Jerry Shinley.

.John
--
Kennedy Assassination Home Page
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Mitch Todd

Dec 11, 2007, 8:46:51 PM12/11/07
>> John McAdams, in the role of Dr Sinister Sashay

>> Miss Hearing From:
>> Joel Grant
>> Ricky Tobias
>> Jerry Organ
>> Chad Zimmerman
>> John Hill
>> Michael O'Dell
>> Paul Seaton
>> Dennis Morrisette
>> Doc Truth (yeah, I know)
>> Judy&JFK
>>
>> Don't Miss At All:
>> Robert Harris
>> The LaFontaines
>>
>> Humbly, MST
>
> NICE! You mentioned names I had forgetten about!

Thanks! I was naughty and took some time off from studying to try and
remember all the regular posters who've been memorable. There are a few
names I could add to the list (miss: Joe Durnavich, Steve Fry, Alan
Rogers, among others), as well as a few better forgotten (Bruce Schuck,
anyone?)

BTW I must admit to an error in omitting Barb J. I was going to put her
into her own category, but got stuck figuring out what to call it.
"A.c.jfk's Sweetheart," then "everybody's sweetie," fell by the wayside.
Calling her just plain "sweetheart"....well someone else gets to call her
that every day. But she's still a sweetie, no matter how you slice it.

MST

Mitch Todd

Dec 11, 2007, 8:46:59 PM12/11/07
"John McAdams" <john.m...@marquette.edu> wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2007 21:45:10 -0500, eric_r_carlson <aliv...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> The Class Acts:
>>
>>blackburst
>>Jean Davidson
>>James Olmstead
>>Peter Fokes
>
> I would add:
>
> Jerry Shinley.

Not a bad idea. Not at all..

MST

black...@aol.com

Dec 13, 2007, 12:24:24 AM12/13/07
On Dec 11, 8:46 pm, "Mitch Todd" <recipien...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "John McAdams" <john.mcad...@marquette.edu> wrote:

> > Jerry Shinley.
>
> Not a bad idea. Not at all..
>
> MST

I agree! How could I have omitted Jerry?? First class research from
unconventional sources and a memory like a steel trap. Sorry, Jerry!

Barb Junkkarinen

Dec 16, 2007, 3:43:51 AM12/16/07
On 7 Dec 2007 21:39:12 -0500, "black...@aol.com"
<black...@aol.com> wrote:

Okay, I'll do it...

>Based on an idea by Stephen Turner in the Simkin Education Forum:
>Vote for your faves/unfaves here! Copy this form and vote or add
>comments:
>
>1) BEST OVERALL POSTER

Blackburst, John Canal, James Olmstead

>2) BEST INDIVIDUAL POST OR THREAD

BOH (But then I am a bit biased on that. :-) )

>3) BEST CT

James Olmstead, Blackburst, John Hunt, Tom Pinkston

>4) BEST LN

Reitzes, John Canal

>5) BEST MIDDLE-ROADER

Chad, John Canal (Canal is not rerally a middle roader per se ... he's
an LN enlightened on the medical evidence)

>6) FUNNIEST POSTER

Hmmm. Well, there's funny ha-ha ... and odd funny .... as for funny
haha, well I think I am funny sometimes, but agree you are too,
Blackburst. :-) Jean gets in a good one here and there too. So does
Peter.

>7) POSTER MOST LIKELY TO BE CIA, FBI, NSA, MI5, MI6 (ETC.) AGENT

Marsh, McA

>8) BEST MODERATOR

All who have served in getting the posts sorted, reviewed, adjudicated
and up ... quite a job (I only did adjudicating, the guys let me off
the hook for the real grunt work)

>9) VOICE OF REASON AWARD

Several .... Jean, Peter, Blackburst, James Olmstead

>10) MOST PROLIFIC POSTER (QUANTITY)

Anthony Marsh

>11) MOST WELL-SPOKEN POSTER

Jean, Olmstead, Blackburst, Hunt, Canal, Tom Pinkston

>12) WORST POSTER

Gulp .... tomln and Marsh ... though they both do have their great
moments. And Cage.

>13) WORST POST OR TOPIC

Anything that launches McA into insisting someone answer whether or
not the x-rays/photos are fake even though it's been answered dozens
of times by anyone he asks already. Judyth may the most ridiculous
overall though.

>14) TOPIC YOU WISH WOULD GO AWAY

The Judyth topic should be the one .... but I'd kinda hate to see it
go. :-)

>Disclaimer: This is all for holiday fun. Please be gentle and try to
>keep it within moderation guidelines. Feel free to add categories as
>needed. Happy Holidays to all!

Hard to whittle some down to one, because there really are so many
knowledgeable, well spoken, well reasoned posters here who truly take
the cake on various topics...and I am sure I missed some who deserved
mention.

Happy Holidays everyone! I expect to be quite scarce til the 2nd week
of January, but sincerely, my prayer for each and everyone here is
that
the joy of the season may touch your heart,
refresh your spirit,
settle in your soul,
and prepare you for the challenges and triumphs
of 2008.

Cany Canes!
Barb :-)

Barb Junkkarinen

Dec 16, 2007, 3:46:17 AM12/16/07
On 11 Dec 2007 20:46:51 -0500, "Mitch Todd" <recip...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Well...,<blush> ... thank you ... though I dare say there are at least
a couple around here who don't ever think of me and "sweet" at the
same time! <g>

Happy Holly!
Barb :-)

>MST

bigdog

Dec 16, 2007, 1:00:49 PM12/16/07
On Dec 7, 9:39 pm, "blackbu...@aol.com" <blackbu...@aol.com> wrote:
> Based on an idea by Stephen Turner in the Simkin Education Forum:
> Vote for your faves/unfaves here! Copy this form and vote or add
> comments:
>
> 1) BEST OVERALL POSTER

Myself, of course

> 2) BEST INDIVIDUAL POST OR THREAD

That would be like naming one of my children as a favorite

> 3) BEST CT

Martin Shackelford

> 4) BEST LN

You have to ask

> 5) BEST MIDDLE-ROADER

Is there such a person

> 6) FUNNIEST POSTER

cddraftsman

> 7) POSTER MOST LIKELY TO BE CIA, FBI, NSA, MI5, MI6 (ETC.) AGENT

Do you expect us to admit something like that

> 8) BEST MODERATOR

I thought McAdams was the only one

> 9) VOICE OF REASON AWARD

David Von Pein

> 10) MOST PROLIFIC POSTER (QUANTITY)

tomnln aka Rossley

> 11) MOST WELL-SPOKEN POSTER

A number of LNs and CTs could qualify. I guess I'm too wishy washy to
pick one

> 12) WORST POSTER

Ben Holmes, hands down, although he does most of his damage at acj

> 13) WORST POST OR TOPIC

Anything about Badgeman

> 14) TOPIC YOU WISH WOULD GO AWAY

None, even the worst are a source of great comic relief

Peter Fokes

Dec 16, 2007, 1:05:26 PM12/16/07
On 16 Dec 2007 13:00:49 -0500, bigdog <jecorb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> 8) BEST MODERATOR
>>
>I thought McAdams was the only one

McAdams and I share the task of reading and voting on the posts in the
inbox.

Chad Z (LN), Barb J (CT), Russ Burr (CT turned LN) have also served as
mods. James O has helped on occasion.

Peter Fokes

Peter Fokes

Dec 16, 2007, 1:12:45 PM12/16/07
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 00:43:51 -0800, Barb Junkkarinen
<barbRE...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Happy Holidays everyone! I expect to be quite scarce til the 2nd week
>of January, but sincerely, my prayer for each and everyone here is
>that
>the joy of the season may touch your heart,
>refresh your spirit,
>settle in your soul,
>and prepare you for the challenges and triumphs
>of 2008.
>
>Cany Canes!
>Barb :-)

Best of the season and a Happy New Year to you too, Barb!

We just finished shoveling ourselves to freedom an hour ago, and
looking out the window ..... gonna have to get the shovels out again
in an hour or two!

Nice to see the kind of snowfall that used to be typical of Canadian
winters. In recent years, I've been able to wear my slippers to
retrieve the newspaper when the delivery guy missed the porch!

Peter Fokes

Anthony Marsh

Dec 16, 2007, 10:31:30 PM12/16/07

Just realize that Badge Man was an optical illusion and it will go away.

James K. Olmstead

Dec 16, 2007, 10:44:03 PM12/16/07
It's a total whiteout outside my office window....it's been snowing two
days now and will have to brave the roads since we're out of kitty
litter....only about 1500 ft of rd to travel but I don't look forward to
it.

Although I was glad to see my name pop up....as I told Greg Parker I'm
about burned out on JFK research. He's putting together a Oswald timeline
for his website and the add ons I provided will be about the last JFK
material I work on for awhile. He should have it up after the first of the
year. I'm just taking a break honing my poker skills.

As to these types of polls it's good to see your name but it can be
difficult to select some of the ones that really should be pointed out.
John McAdams and I go back to around 1992 when he defended me against Lisa
P in one of the first threads I ever joined in. So I have to list John
McAdams as the number one LN. for more then one reason. The first being
his taking over this newsgroup after Robert Harris gave up and for the
continued efforts to keep it up and running with the help of those wishing
honest and open debate. Hat's off to you John.

To all who post I wish all the best and thanks for another year of
interesting threads.

James K. Olmstead

Barb Junkkarinen

Dec 17, 2007, 2:26:31 AM12/17/07
On 16 Dec 2007 22:44:03 -0500, "James K. Olmstead"
<jolm...@neo.rr.com> wrote:

>It's a total whiteout outside my office window....it's been snowing two
>days now and will have to brave the roads since we're out of kitty
>litter....only about 1500 ft of rd to travel but I don't look forward to
>it.
>
>Although I was glad to see my name pop up....as I told Greg Parker I'm
>about burned out on JFK research. He's putting together a Oswald timeline
>for his website and the add ons I provided will be about the last JFK
>material I work on for awhile. He should have it up after the first of the
>year. I'm just taking a break honing my poker skills.
>
>As to these types of polls it's good to see your name but it can be
>difficult to select some of the ones that really should be pointed out.
>John McAdams and I go back to around 1992 when he defended me against Lisa
>P in one of the first threads I ever joined in. So I have to list John
>McAdams as the number one LN. for more then one reason. The first being
>his taking over this newsgroup after Robert Harris gave up and for the
>continued efforts to keep it up and running with the help of those wishing
>honest and open debate. Hat's off to you John.

I'll second that. Despite our totally polar takes on the medical
evidence and most other evidence of the assassination itself, John
deserves a lot of kudos for getting a new group going ...and keeping
it going. He deals with all the technical problems as well as the buck
stopping with him when it comes to posts getting out if no one else
can. John and I were able, years ago, to set aside our personal
differences on the evidence and develop a good working relationship
when I was a moderator, and other times when it came to some evidence
issues we worked on together.

>To all who post I wish all the best and thanks for another year of
>interesting threads.

Same to you, James. And don't be too scarce, you are needed. And be
careful in that snow. We've had snow a couple of times, then hit the
national news with our amazing wind and rain storms and the flooding.
A little freezing fog and some light rain now ... kinda nice, though I
am hoping for a white Christmas. :-)

Cheers,
Barb :-)

James K. Olmstead

Dec 17, 2007, 3:28:39 PM12/17/07

"Barb Junkkarinen" <barbRE...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ko8cm35mu3n42t3br...@4ax.com...

There are a lot of good people here and we need them on both sides of the debate.

Got the kittylitter and birdfeed......I don't plan on leaving the house again til Weds when
I play poker live again......anyone looking for me will find me at either at Absolute Poker,
Full Tilt, Poker Stars or Party Poker......playing under the name PapaJKO or PapaNov.

Happy Holidays to all

jko

Barb Junkkarinen

Dec 17, 2007, 7:14:48 PM12/17/07
On 17 Dec 2007 15:28:39 -0500, "James K. Olmstead"
<jolm...@neo.rr.com> wrote:

That we do!

>Got the kittylitter and birdfeed......I don't plan on leaving the house again til Weds when
>I play poker live again......anyone looking for me will find me at either at Absolute Poker,
>Full Tilt, Poker Stars or Party Poker......playing under the name PapaJKO or PapaNov.

Be careful there too.<g>

>Happy Holidays to all

Jingle Bells!
Barb :-)

Anthony Marsh

Dec 17, 2007, 9:52:19 PM12/17/07
James K. Olmstead wrote:
> It's a total whiteout outside my office window....it's been snowing two
> days now and will have to brave the roads since we're out of kitty
> litter....only about 1500 ft of rd to travel but I don't look forward to
> it.
>
> Although I was glad to see my name pop up....as I told Greg Parker I'm
> about burned out on JFK research. He's putting together a Oswald timeline
> for his website and the add ons I provided will be about the last JFK
> material I work on for awhile. He should have it up after the first of the
> year. I'm just taking a break honing my poker skills.
>
> As to these types of polls it's good to see your name but it can be
> difficult to select some of the ones that really should be pointed out.
> John McAdams and I go back to around 1992 when he defended me against Lisa
> P in one of the first threads I ever joined in. So I have to list John
> McAdams as the number one LN. for more then one reason. The first being
> his taking over this newsgroup after Robert Harris gave up and for the
> continued efforts to keep it up and running with the help of those wishing
> honest and open debate. Hat's off to you John.

And you think that no one can figure out that you are a WC defender from
all your fawning blather?

Barb Junkkarinen

Dec 17, 2007, 11:38:42 PM12/17/07
On 17 Dec 2007 21:52:19 -0500, Anthony Marsh
<anthon...@comcast.net> wrote:

>James K. Olmstead wrote:
>> It's a total whiteout outside my office window....it's been snowing two
>> days now and will have to brave the roads since we're out of kitty
>> litter....only about 1500 ft of rd to travel but I don't look forward to
>> it.
>>
>> Although I was glad to see my name pop up....as I told Greg Parker I'm
>> about burned out on JFK research. He's putting together a Oswald timeline
>> for his website and the add ons I provided will be about the last JFK
>> material I work on for awhile. He should have it up after the first of the
>> year. I'm just taking a break honing my poker skills.
>>
>> As to these types of polls it's good to see your name but it can be
>> difficult to select some of the ones that really should be pointed out.
>> John McAdams and I go back to around 1992 when he defended me against Lisa
>> P in one of the first threads I ever joined in. So I have to list John
>> McAdams as the number one LN. for more then one reason. The first being
>> his taking over this newsgroup after Robert Harris gave up and for the
>> continued efforts to keep it up and running with the help of those wishing
>> honest and open debate. Hat's off to you John.
>>

>And you think that no one can figure out that you are a WC defender from
>all your fawning blather?

I'm not able to say it here ... but I am thinking it. :-)

James K. Olmstead

Dec 18, 2007, 8:32:39 AM12/18/07

"Anthony Marsh" <anthon...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:SbadnVZFeMKCB_va...@comcast.com...

> James K. Olmstead wrote:
>> It's a total whiteout outside my office window....it's been snowing two days now and will have to brave the roads
>> since we're out of kitty litter....only about 1500 ft of rd to travel but I don't look forward to it.
>>
>> Although I was glad to see my name pop up....as I told Greg Parker I'm about burned out on JFK research. He's
>> putting together a Oswald timeline for his website and the add ons I provided will be about the last JFK material I
>> work on for awhile. He should have it up after the first of the year. I'm just taking a break honing my poker
>> skills.
>>
>> As to these types of polls it's good to see your name but it can be difficult to select some of the ones that really
>> should be pointed out. John McAdams and I go back to around 1992 when he defended me against Lisa P in one of the
>> first threads I ever joined in. So I have to list John McAdams as the number one LN. for more then one reason. The
>> first being his taking over this newsgroup after Robert Harris gave up and for the continued efforts to keep it up
>> and running with the help of those wishing honest and open debate. Hat's off to you John.
>>

> And you think that no one can figure out that you are a WC defender from all your fawning blather?

WC defender? That has to be one for the record, as one of the most outlandish claim
made on this newsgroup for the year.

Keep em coming Tony........you're a great source of amusement.

jko