Smirnoff

Ed Maier

Mar 18, 2002, 9:52:48 PM3/18/02
The Smirnoff Music Center in Dallas: is that what they
changed the name of Starplex to?

Eddie

Robert W. McKibben

Mar 18, 2002, 11:25:29 PM3/18/02
Yep.
Robert

David Maynard

Mar 19, 2002, 11:43:22 PM3/19/02

Someone musta been drunk to do that. Wonder what it was they were
drinking.

Hassen Ben Sober

Mar 19, 2002, 11:50:16 PM3/19/02
MD 20-20?

"David Maynard" <mayNO...@flash.net> wrote in message

Faith

Mar 20, 2002, 12:15:52 AM3/20/02
Would that be the "cherry" flavor?

David Maynard

Mar 20, 2002, 12:46:12 AM3/20/02
Wouldn't it be named MD 20-20 then?

Hassen Ben Sober

Mar 20, 2002, 7:05:02 AM3/20/02
If'n you drink enough MD, You'll have all kinds of visions, and think up all kinds of
strange names-

and that's a week later :-)

"David Maynard" <mayNO...@flash.net> wrote in message

Hassen Ben Sober

Mar 20, 2002, 7:15:22 AM3/20/02
Wild Cherry-

Samuel Sands

Mar 20, 2002, 7:22:30 AM3/20/02

David Maynard wrote:

Here in Winston-Salem, our City Leaders shelled out $10,000.00 for a
focus group to come up with the following slogan for our fair city, "O!
Winston-Salem. Now, that's Living."

Sam (O! No!) Sands

Hassen Ben Sober

Mar 20, 2002, 7:30:55 PM3/20/02
LOLOL-

Wonder if they got the Research Triangle to come up with that?

:-)

"Samuel Sands" <ssa...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

David Maynard

Mar 20, 2002, 8:02:20 PM3/20/02

Well, the Houston city geniuses, for a economic summit held during
summer in Bush the first's administration, came up with "Houston's Hot!"

You don't need a freakin slogan to figure that one out when it's summer
time in Houston.

'Kate

Mar 20, 2002, 9:03:23 PM3/20/02
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:02:20 GMT, David Maynard <mayNO...@flash.net>
posted:

>Well, the Houston city geniuses, for a economic summit held during
>summer in Bush the first's administration, came up with "Houston's Hot!"
>
>You don't need a freakin slogan to figure that one out when it's summer
>time in Houston.

LOL... never knew that. funny.

'kate

Hassen Ben Sober

Mar 20, 2002, 9:08:01 PM3/20/02
I was reading an article about the South Pole-

it stated that over 40 years of scientific study had confirmed that the area of the south
pole was indeed cold and windy-

Freakin' smart people, if ya ask me-

"David Maynard" <mayNO...@flash.net> wrote in message

David Maynard

Mar 21, 2002, 3:34:36 AM3/21/02
LOL. Sounds like some of those brilliant news headlines you some times
hear, like "Crash Expert Says Something Went Wrong."

Samuel Sands

Mar 21, 2002, 8:29:12 AM3/21/02

Hassen Ben Sober wrote:

> LOLOL-
>
> Wonder if they got the Research Triangle to come up with that?

You should have seen all the negative comments in the "Letters to the
Editor" section. Even my Mother, who is the soul of discretion, said, upon
seeing the banner downtown, "That is so much Bullshit. That's what you get
when your mayor is a whimp!"

Sam (For her that was a "frothing at the mouth" Diatribe) Sands

Samuel Sands

Mar 21, 2002, 8:30:44 AM3/21/02

David Maynard wrote:

Well, at least they forewent "Sh*t Stinks!"

Sam (Statin' the oblivious) Sands

Wiblur the Once

Mar 21, 2002, 4:15:31 PM3/21/02
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:02:20 GMT, David Maynard mumbled something
about...

> Well, the Houston city geniuses, for a economic summit held during
> summer in Bush the first's administration, came up with "Houston's Hot!"
>
> You don't need a freakin slogan to figure that one out when it's summer
> time in Houston.

That's better than the one the Brain-cases in charge of promoting Utah
came up with:

"Utah - A Pretty, Great State!"

That makes me feel downright slightly above average!

-----
"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

jcha...@MY-FINGERaros.net
Pull My Finger to send email

David Maynard

Mar 21, 2002, 5:50:03 PM3/21/02

Either there's been a recent outbreak of mass stupidity, has CDC been
informed?, or it must be a harder thing to do than we think. hehehe

David Maynard

Mar 21, 2002, 5:54:59 PM3/21/02

Let's not get carried away; no one said anything about stinking this or
that.

The Houston weather, though, cordially obliged with over 100 degree
temps while they were here so the slogan's, uh, 'appropriateness', was
not lost on even the most obtuse diplomat.

David Maynard

Mar 21, 2002, 5:59:55 PM3/21/02

Hehe. One would think that one of the functions of so called 'experts'
in this field is to avoid idiotic sounding slogans but, judging from the
result, that wouldn't seem to be the case.

On the other hand, I have a theory that it was really intended as an
economic stimulus for radio talk shows. That's been denied but the
results would tend to support the theory ;)