When we get to heaven

sam@home

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99
On 29 Jan 1999 03:14:32 GMT, "Kelly Elliott" <dk...@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>The feeling of love is giveing .

awkward, but a nice sentiment

>We never will be able to feel
>the touch of "God's " hand untill
>that day comes he leads us to heaven.

that's a somewhat bizarre concept, isn't it?
I mean, don't most people who warble on about the white haired old
judeo-christian gentleman sitting on a cloudbank espouse the belief
that god is influencing them daily? In fact, the viewpoint exhibited
by the narrator of this piece seems akin to one adopted by someone who
experiences a deathbed conversion. a la Hemingway.

>He is our father and our leader. But
>when we have the chance to meet
>we will be on our best behavior.

i thought it was one's behaviour throughout a lifetime that determined
one's admission to st. peter's exclusive club. a further proviso for a
roman catholic would be the administration of the last rites. This is
a startling new wrinkle in christian dogma. If we follow this to its
logical conclusion, we could all be total jerks our whole lives, and
as long as we were on our best behaviour at the moment of death, we
would all go to heaven. some people are going to be really pissed
off.

>No longer will we have to worrie
>about wounds, illiness , a heart-
>break from heaven .

are we to assume that you are further subverting established christian
dogma by asserting that heaven is the source of all heartache.
this is really groundbreaking.

Because we will
>have his support and shoulder to lean
>on.

if we lean on *his* support, what will he lean on?

gg
always interested in new thological concepts

Kelly Elliott

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
The feeling of love is giveing .
We never will be able to feel
the touch of "God's " hand untill
that day comes he leads us to heaven.

He is our father and our leader. But

when we have the chance to meet
we will be on our best behavior.

No longer will we have to worrie

about wounds, illiness , a heart-

break from heaven . Because we will

Michael Stephens

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

sam@home wrote in message <78ragu$p...@edrn.newsguy.com>...

>As I believe I've said before,
>part of the entrance exam for heaven
>is a spelling test.
>I suggest you study up while you can.
>
>sam
Reely? I'm in truble then. Gave up on heaven anyway. Was hoping for a long
stay at Joy's place instead.

MS

connie

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:53:16 -0000, "mop" <m...@freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

No, it wasn't a typo lol I am from Texas and here it's THEN that
LOL!!!
We have our own dictionary here LOL... up yonder, down yonder, we have
no g's here, goin, walkin, talkin, speakin, parkin, see? lol!!

----------------------------------
Connie E. Perry
Poetry Forum/Poetry from the Heart
http://www.neto.com/tink/top.htm

mop

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
Fair enough I forgot about your drawl, accents duly noted LoL

connie

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

mop

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
Now lets hear the flamers say that this group doesn't help people!
One small point Connie, its, than that, but I expect that was a typo

Michael Stephens

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

connie wrote in message <36b1db09...@news.neto.com>...
>On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:53:16 -0000, "mop" <m...@freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>No, it wasn't a typo lol I am from Texas and here it's THEN that
>LOL!!!
>We have our own dictionary here LOL... up yonder, down yonder, we have
>no g's here, goin, walkin, talkin, speakin, parkin, see? lol!!

Nope, all the g's moved to Canada, same as the Joys. Waaaay up yonder.

MS

connie

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
On 29 Jan 1999 14:13:19 GMT, "Michael Stephens"
<mikeste...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>ya got that right there bubba, (ack!) I hate that there word,
here if you don't know someone's name you just call them bubba, AND
if they say something you didn't here, they look at you and go...
Ma'am? oh and don't forget the finger..when you do down the road they
lift their index finger to the cars passing to say hi :) once I lifted
the wrong finger (j/k)

sam@home

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
In article <78ri1j$g...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>, "Michael says...

Of course, Michael, you've got to be able to spell.
If you can't read the signs you might end up in
Heavin or Havin or Haven or Hiven or even Hovin.

Haven isn't too bad actually, but lord knows
you don't want to go to Heavin.

sam

Some say there is no Heaven or Hell,
just Haven and MisbeHaven.

Michael Stephens

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

connie wrote in message <36b1e0c6...@news.neto.com>...

>On 29 Jan 1999 14:13:19 GMT, "Michael Stephens"
><mikeste...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

>>connie wrote in message <36b1db09...@news.neto.com>...
>>ya got that right there bubba, (ack!) I hate that there word,
>here if you don't know someone's name you just call them bubba, AND
>if they say something you didn't here, they look at you and go...
>Ma'am? oh and don't forget the finger..when you do down the road they
>lift their index finger to the cars passing to say hi :) once I lifted
>the wrong finger (j/k)

I ain't going to Texas then, cause if someone called me ma'am just for
talking low, I just don't know what I'd do.

Josh's Little Bubba

sam@home

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
In article <36b1e0c6...@news.neto.com>, ti...@neto.com says...

>On 29 Jan 1999 14:13:19 GMT, "Michael Stephens"
><mikeste...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

>>connie wrote in message <36b1db09...@news.neto.com>...
>>>On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:53:16 -0000, "mop" <m...@freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>>No, it wasn't a typo lol I am from Texas and here it's THEN that
>>>LOL!!!
>>>We have our own dictionary here LOL... up yonder, down yonder, we have
>>>no g's here, goin, walkin, talkin, speakin, parkin, see? lol!!
>>>
>>Nope, all the g's moved to Canada, same as the Joys. Waaaay up yonder.
>>
>>MS
>>
>>ya got that right there bubba, (ack!) I hate that there word,
>here if you don't know someone's name you just call them bubba, AND
>if they say something you didn't here, they look at you and go...
>Ma'am? oh and don't forget the finger..when you do down the road they
>lift their index finger to the cars passing to say hi :) once I lifted
>the wrong finger (j/k)

The 'finger wave'. That's not just Texas, country folks all over do that.
In my grampa's day, if you were going along and saw somebody you knew,
you'd both pull over and talk a while.
Then it became just a big arm wave, then the hand wave.
Now they just lift a finger off the steering wheel.
Economy of motion.

sam

Joy Yourcenar

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
On 29 Jan 1999 05:47:31 GMT, "Michael Stephens"
<mikeste...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>sam@home wrote in message <78ragu$p...@edrn.newsguy.com>...
>>
>>As I believe I've said before,
>>part of the entrance exam for heaven
>>is a spelling test.
>>I suggest you study up while you can.
>>
>>sam
>Reely? I'm in truble then. Gave up on heaven anyway. Was hoping for a long
>stay at Joy's place instead.
>
>MS

It's warmer.

Joy
-30 Celsius
Joy Yourcenar
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mythologies http://www.collideascope.com/ebb/myth
icon/graphy http://www.collideascope.com/ebb/icon
BareIt's http://www.collideascope.com/ebb/BareIts/index.htm

Oh I scare you
in my woman's body;
nobody told you that passion could live
in such a rude cup.
--Daphne Brinkerhoff

JudeAce

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
when you pray to god do you feel like you're talking to yourself?

lovely...@hotmail.com

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
Where I come from "finger waves" is a style people put their hair in.

n-formative

In article <78si5c$q...@edrn.newsguy.com>,

sam@home wrote:
> In article <36b1e0c6...@news.neto.com>, ti...@neto.com says...
> >

> >On 29 Jan 1999 14:13:19 GMT, "Michael Stephens"

> ><mikeste...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> >>Nope, all the g's moved to Canada, same as the Joys. Waaaay up yonder.
> >>
> >>MS
> >>
> >>ya got that right there bubba, (ack!) I hate that there word,
> >here if you don't know someone's name you just call them bubba, AND
> >if they say something you didn't here, they look at you and go...
> >Ma'am? oh and don't forget the finger..when you do down the road they
> >lift their index finger to the cars passing to say hi :) once I lifted
> >the wrong finger (j/k)
> >

> The 'finger wave'. That's not just Texas, country folks all over do that.
> In my grampa's day, if you were going along and saw somebody you knew,
> you'd both pull over and talk a while.
> Then it became just a big arm wave, then the hand wave.
> Now they just lift a finger off the steering wheel.
> Economy of motion.
>
> sam

I have a website, you know.
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/lovelyinebony

gga...@excite.com

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 11:04:03 GMT, lovely...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Where I come from "finger waves" is a style people put their hair in.
>
>n-formative

i thought it was what the bag of hands did when it went to the
superbowl

gg