HELP with MONGOL BOW

patrick ELWICK

Jul 21, 2003, 5:19:31 PM7/21/03
Hi
Does anyone have any experience shooting this style of bow. I need help
with hand position and type of arrows to shoot(36lb draw weight)

Many thanks in advance

vicky89

Jul 22, 2003, 12:42:25 AM7/22/03
"patrick ELWICK" <elw...@elwickp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<bfhl40$rmr$1...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...

Surely the mongols would have used more then a 36lb draw!

Jeremy Bays

Jul 22, 2003, 2:54:05 PM7/22/03
TRY the HORN BOW website at http://www.hornbow.com
They have many examples of Korean, Turk, Mongel, and other horn bows.

Jeremy Bays
http://www.WoodlandArchery.com

gwynn

Jul 21, 2003, 6:58:55 PM7/21/03

geebarjayATntlworldDOTcom

"patrick ELWICK" <elw...@elwickp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi
> Does anyone have any experience shooting this style of bow. I need help
> with hand position and type of arrows to shoot(36lb draw weight)

How are you going to shoot it? With a thumb ring or the usual fingers?

gwynn

Jul 26, 2003, 5:55:14 AM7/26/03

"vicky89" <vi...@africamail.com> wrote in message

> Surely the mongols would have used more then a 36lb draw!

and what about baby Mongols? got to start somewhere

David Gale

Aug 13, 2007, 8:05:13 PM8/13/07

Hi! have a genuine Mongolian bow bought on ebay last year. It is
very hard to draw. An arrow came with it with a heavy metal tip, but
this has got lost. The arrow is, I think, about 30 in long. The
bowstring is thick and will not go into a standard notch. I have a
Mongolian woman friend and will ask her if she knows anything about
the hand position and type of arrow.
Kind regards
David Gale