Funny photo essay about the anti-abortion rally on the mall in Dee Cee

1 view
Skip to the first unread message

Ejucaided Redneck

22 Jan 2008, 20:46:2122/01/2008
It's at http://wonkette.com/347779/happy-abortion-day

--
In the foothills, hiding from the clouds
Pink and purple West Virginia farmhouse
Naked ladies, men who looked like Christ
And a dog named Pancho nibbling on the rice.
-- Bill Danoff, original second verse to
"Take Me Home, Country Roads
--
http://bobsloansampler.com/
Now available: "Nobody Knows, Nobody Sees"

Cyberbilly

23 Jan 2008, 07:35:5623/01/2008
On Jan 22, 8:46 pm, Ejucaided Redneck <rlsl...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> It's athttp://wonkette.com/347779/happy-abortion-day

I didn't see anything funny about it. And I don't mean that because
I'm a pro-life Republican. I mean that it just plain wasn't funny no
matter what side of the fence you are on. Usually if the Left comes
up with something really clever that slams the Right, sometimes it
will warrant a chuckle, or at least a smirk. Not this time.

I just fail to see how it is supposed to be funny.

-CB

Guv Bob

23 Jan 2008, 07:53:5823/01/2008

"Cyberbilly" <wvmo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e3ebed35-3d93-4164...@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

Yeah, me too. Making jokes about a chubby kid is probably funny to some folks though.

Hibb

23 Jan 2008, 11:11:1223/01/2008

As a liberal that would just as soon see legalized abortions done away
with, I would just point out that if a pro abortion group put on a
rally with that much stupidity there surely would be a dumb-assed
rightwinger out there doing the same thing as that blogger was and
there is no doubt a lot of right wingers would find it funny and one
of them would probably be you.

David

"You can't fix stupid" -Ron White

Hibb

23 Jan 2008, 11:14:1823/01/2008
On Jan 23, 7:53�am, "Guv Bob" <brotherd...@bigfootYEEEEEEEOW.com>
wrote:
> "Cyberbilly" <wvmont...@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:e3ebed35-3d93-4164...@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

The part about the chubby kid bothered me too. It seemed too much like
Rush Limbaughs type of humor making fun of ugly fat liberal women.

David

Cyberbilly

23 Jan 2008, 11:44:3723/01/2008
On Jan 23, 11:11 am, Hibb <whatsamata...@aol.com> wrote:

> As a liberal that would just as soon see legalized abortions done away
> with, I would just point out that if a pro abortion group put on a
> rally with that much stupidity there surely would be a dumb-assed
> rightwinger out there doing the same thing as that blogger was and
> there is no doubt a lot of right wingers would find it funny and one
> of them would probably be you.

No argument there. But please tell me what Lefties would find funny
about it?

-CB

Ejucaided Redneck

23 Jan 2008, 12:05:3823/01/2008
Cyberbilly wrote:
> On Jan 22, 8:46 pm, Ejucaided Redneck <rlsl...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> It's at http://wonkette.com/347779/happy-abortion-day

> I didn't see anything funny about it.

I thought the signs --especially the misspelled one-- were funny.

--
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice
doggie" until you can find a rock.

Cyberbilly

23 Jan 2008, 15:21:0123/01/2008
On Jan 23, 12:05 pm, Ejucaided Redneck <rlsl...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Cyberbilly wrote:
>
>  > On Jan 22, 8:46 pm, Ejucaided Redneck <rlsl...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>  >> It's athttp://wonkette.com/347779/happy-abortion-day

>  >>
>  >
>  > I didn't see anything funny about it.
>
> I thought the signs --especially the misspelled one-- were funny.

Ah, Typo pouncing. I understand now. Thanks.

-CB

ma...@hal-pc.org

23 Jan 2008, 15:44:2723/01/2008

Nah..... this is not typo pouncing. When you are going to carry a
sign in public to support or not support a political position it
betrays your intelligence level when it has spelling errors.

Typos are a manifestation of finger freedom. Your fingers do what
they will on your keyboard.

A big difference.

M.

jls

23 Jan 2008, 16:15:4823/01/2008

Well, Madee's correct. It's not typo pouncing and other aspects of
the sign betray the ignorance of the maker as linguistically backbred.

I got more than a few laughs. Plenty of irony and hypocrisy and just
hokey ignorance.
More than 60% of Americans oppose reversing Roe vs. Wade. It's not
going anywhere. We're not going back to the back-alley abortionist.
And I like that little 10-year-old child who's saying she votes pro-
life. And then all the signs discarded in piles on the streets of our
nation's capital---that tells you something, doesn't it, about our
good golden rule xians?

And then the motley Paultards with their freedom and liberty signs?
LOL. Ultimate irony: Like they believe in *their* 'freedoms' to
control and 'liberties' to stick their snouts into somebody else's
reproductive freedoms. What a mob of hypocrites!

I can see why that hogjowled Wilston would crawl to the Paultard
crowd. But then shite draws flies, don't it?

Ejucaided Redneck

23 Jan 2008, 16:22:5723/01/2008

When someone travels a long way from home to protest a perceived social
evil, and then carries a sign reading "Save Pro-Life / No Aboration,"
they've left realm of typos and entered the world of FlintLippian™ comedy.

--
I think voting is the opium of the
masses in this country. Every four

Phred

23 Jan 2008, 17:16:5823/01/2008

================================

Did you read end of religions yet? How't the flyin' weather with all
the snow and ice?

jls

23 Jan 2008, 17:45:4223/01/2008
> the snow and ice?- Hide quoted text -

Phreddie, if you was here, we'd go flying in the 172, Taylorcraft's
down for major alterations. I haven't read it yet, looked for it at
the library, it was checked out.

Our snow has melted and the landscape is drab and winterly again. I
long for spring already, and so do my jonny quills. They're poking up
in the front yard. I told Packie and she said, "Naw, too early."

"See for yourself."

"Well, I be damned."

Blessings of Wodin upon all of you. This is his day. Wodin's Day.

Cyberbilly

23 Jan 2008, 19:27:1423/01/2008

"jls" <jls...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> More than 60% of Americans oppose reversing Roe vs. Wade. It's not
> going anywhere. We're not going back to the back-alley abortionist.
> And I like that little 10-year-old child who's saying she votes pro-
> life. And then all the signs discarded in piles on the streets of our
> nation's capital---that tells you something, doesn't it, about our
> good golden rule xians?

No, it tells me someone with too much time on their hands sifted through
1000s of photographs to find a dozen or so that they thought would make fun
of the pro-lifers. Talk about a leftist slant in the media!

BTW, the only way I would ever be pro abortion would be if it could be
applied retroactively to liberals.

-CB

Cyberbilly

23 Jan 2008, 19:32:4323/01/2008

"Ejucaided Redneck" <rls...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Cyberbilly wrote:
> > On Jan 23, 12:05 pm, Ejucaided Redneck <rlsl...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >> I thought the signs --especially the misspelled one-- were funny.
>
> > Ah, Typo pouncing. I understand now. Thanks.
>
> When someone travels a long way from home to protest a perceived social
> evil, and then carries a sign reading "Save Pro-Life / No Aboration,"
> they've left realm of typos and entered the world of FlintLippian™ comedy.

Here's hoping you might have a little compassion for those who are not as
ejucaided as you are. I know I do.

-CB

jls

23 Jan 2008, 19:44:1923/01/2008
On Jan 23, 7:27 pm, "Cyberbilly" <Cyberbi...@bugtussle.kom> wrote:
> "jls" <jls1...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> BTW, the only way I would ever be pro abortion would be if it could be
> applied retroactively to liberals.
>
> -CB

You demonstrate there is a difference between a Republican and a rat.
There's some things a rat just won't do.

Hibb

23 Jan 2008, 20:43:3323/01/2008

I have to admit, I did not find the using public areas for a trash can
for their signs very funny.

David

Hibb

23 Jan 2008, 20:54:3823/01/2008
On Jan 23, 7:27�pm, "Cyberbilly" <Cyberbi...@bugtussle.kom> wrote:

> BTW, the only way I would ever be pro abortion would be if it could be
> applied retroactively to liberals.
>
> -CB

Gee, I wonder why Liberals would have a problem with a section of the
populace that considers them less than human.

Your statement underlines the exact and final reason that I don't want
to be considered a conservative. If a person doesn't agree with
conservatives, they want you DEAD!

David

Hibb

23 Jan 2008, 20:56:3323/01/2008
On Jan 23, 7:32 pm, "Cyberbilly" <Cyberbi...@bugtussle.kom> wrote:
> "Ejucaided Redneck" <rlsl...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> > Cyberbilly wrote:

> > > Ah, Typo pouncing. I understand now. Thanks.
>
> > When someone travels a long way from home to protest a perceived social
> > evil, and then carries a sign reading "Save Pro-Life / No Aboration,"
> > they've left realm of typos and entered the world of FlintLippian(tm) comedy.

> Here's hoping you might have a little compassion for those who are not as
> ejucaided as you are. I know I do.
>
> -CB

C'mon CB, you know conservatives are no different and if Limabaugh and
Hannity are any examples, they are worse.

David

Ejucaided Redneck

23 Jan 2008, 21:05:3723/01/2008
Cyberbilly wrote:

> Here's hoping you might have a little compassion for those who are
not as
> ejucaided as you are. I know I do.

I don't have much compassion for anyone who advertises their stupidity.

--
I believe the government that governs best
is the government that governs least. And

Ejucaided Redneck

23 Jan 2008, 21:04:0523/01/2008
Cyberbilly wrote:

> No, it tells me someone with too much time on their hands sifted through
> 1000s of photographs to find a dozen or so that they thought would
make fun
> of the pro-lifers.

Couldn't be bothered to read the text, couldja?

The Wonkette person who wrote the thing says she took the photos.

If it's the woman who takes most of their photos, she uses a pink and
green "Barbie" polaroid camera.

> Talk about a leftist slant in the media!

Wonkette makes fun of everybody. It's hardly "leftist."

One more time you're labeling something about which you know nothing.

--
Conservatives are not necessarily stupid,
but most stupid people are conservatives.

Tom S.

24 Jan 2008, 18:33:3724/01/2008

If you ever became pro-abortion, you'd be the only one.

I am proudly pro-choice. I do not know of a single person who would
describe themselves as pro-abortion, much less anyone who was
pro-choice. What we believe is that all women have the right to
control their own bodies and their reproductive lives. And that if
they become pregnant, they should have the full range of options
available to them. They should be able to choose.

I sure don't want some gray-haired old fart in DC telling my wife,
girlfriend, daughter, etc. how they should run their private lives.
That is one place where the government has no business sticking its
nose.

Now, I will get off my soap box. Let's take this discussion to
alt.abortion, if you want to continue it.

Tom S.

Guv Bob

24 Jan 2008, 19:54:2024/01/2008
"Tom S." <tsca...@cox.net> wrote in message

> I sure don't want some gray-haired old fart in DC telling my wife,
> girlfriend, daughter, etc. how they should run their private lives.

Holy smokes, Tom! Does yore wife no about yore girlfriend?? And vicy versy?

Guv Bob

Hibb

24 Jan 2008, 21:12:0424/01/2008
On Jan 24, 6:33�pm, Tom S. <tscal...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:27:14 -0500, "Cyberbilly"
>

> <Cyberbi...@bugtussle.kom> wrote:
>
> >"jls" <jls1...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> >> More than 60% of Americans oppose reversing Roe vs. Wade. �It's not
> >> going anywhere. �We're not going back to the back-alley abortionist.
> >> And I like that little 10-year-old child who's saying she votes pro-
> >> life. �And then all the signs discarded in piles on the streets of our
> >> nation's capital---that tells you something, doesn't it, about our
> >> good golden rule xians?
>
> >No, it tells me someone with too much time on their hands sifted through
> >1000s of photographs to find a dozen or so that they thought would make fun
> >of the pro-lifers. Talk about a leftist slant in the media!
>
> >BTW, the only way I would ever be pro abortion would be if it could be
> >applied retroactively to liberals.
>
> If you ever became pro-abortion, you'd be the only one.

Maybe you didn't notice but CB is pro abortion. He just wants to be
the one to choose who gets one so he can get rid of people with a
different point of view than his. Now that is what conservatism is all
about!

David