Velveeta--Because You're Worth It

1 view

Gypsy

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
ignored entirely?

Gypsy

piglet

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

Because Velveeta is the Barry Manilow of foods.

piglet
--
**MP-Zu...@csu.edu** --siqua usdi*piglet--
"We never made any trade. Part of the Indians gave up their

Penny Freshwater

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96
to MP-Zu...@csu.edu

But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

Gypsy

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

In article <322EAA...@csu.edu>, MP-Zu...@csu.edu says...

Gypsy wrote (with obvious cynicism):

>> Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
>> ignored entirely?

To which piglet replied (cutely, confusedly, and cryptically):

>Because Velveeta is the Barry Manilow of foods.

The Barry Manilow of "foods"? Mercy, I never suggested that Velveeta (or
Spam) could be classified as "food". I simply feel that if a Spam Queen
exists, then so should a Velveeta Queen. I hereby nominate "piglet".

Gypsy

Tim Henderson

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...

>Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
>ignored entirely?

If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).

I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".

Papabear

Gypsy

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Papabear wrote:

>If you guys think Spam and Velveeta are bad, you should try Haggis

>(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).

>I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
>while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
>Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".

>Papabear

An Aussie friend introduced me to Vegemite years ago, but even her own
children switched to peanut butter. It's a little like boiling down soy sauce
until it becomes 1% soy syrup and 99% salt (no offense to our Aussie
friends--after all, my brothers and I used to refer to peanut butter as
"choke butter").

Vienna sausage would be palatable only if you were the sole survivor of a
plane crash in the remote Andes--and we know what the alternative would be.

Haven't tried Haggis or Bludwurst, but that last one has a title too scary to
contemplate.

Gypsy

piglet

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Gypsy wrote:

> In article <322EAA...@csu.edu>, MP-Zu...@csu.edu says...
> >
> Gypsy wrote (with obvious cynicism):
> >>
> >> Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> >> ignored entirely?
> >>

> To which piglet replied (cutely, confusedly, and cryptically):
>
> >Because Velveeta is the Barry Manilow of foods.
>
> The Barry Manilow of "foods"? Mercy, I never suggested that Velveeta (or
> Spam) could be classified as "food". I simply feel that if a Spam Queen
> exists, then so should a Velveeta Queen. I hereby nominate "piglet".
>
> Gypsy

Not now, not nohow, not never,not noway! God and my waistline know I'll
eat just about anything but I draw the line at Velveeta! I have a
longstanding relationship with the stuff which involves hidden alarm
systems at all doors and windows which go off if anybody even tries to
bring the stuff in my house.

piglet, doing a lot of "ptui" at the thought of Velveeta.

Chip Taylor

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

In article <50o7fr$a...@news3.realtime.net>, papa...@bga.com (Tim Henderson) wrote:
>In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
>>
>>Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
>>ignored entirely?
>
>If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
>(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
>
>I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
>while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
>Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
>
>Papabear

Spam, Velveeta, and Vienna sausages! Food of the Gods! Don't forget Potted
Meat! My family leaves the house whenever I open the can.

Maureen Kowalski

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

>But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

Double Ditto!!

Moe Money

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Penny Freshwater wrote:

> But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

Well, now, thanks a lot Penny, and I have been wasting money on wine and song.

Leamon, old geezer gonna buy some of them two pounders of Velveeta come Saturday

James Romines

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

My fellow appies,

All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy
wonders. Now that's Appalachian Food. Also, I took a Northern Irish
(who is about 30) co-worker to Cracker Barrel and I suggested that she
try chicken and dumplins and corn bread. She had never heard or ate
them before in her life, and she loved 'em.

Spreading Appalachia to the rest of the world,

Nolichucky

Gypsy wrote:

> Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> ignored entirely?
>

> Gypsy

piglet

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Chip Taylor wrote:

> In article <50o7fr$a...@news3.realtime.net>, papa...@bga.com (Tim Henderson) wrote:
> >In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
> >>
> >>Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> >>ignored entirely?
> >
> >If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
> >(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
> >
> >I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
> >while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> >Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
> >
> >Papabear
> >

> Spam, Velveeta, and Vienna sausages! Food of the Gods! Don't forget Potted
> Meat! My family leaves the house whenever I open the can.

To add the ethnic aspect to the haggis and vegemite line---kishka. Can't
stand the kosher kind (basically no flavor, just kasha), but the Polish
stuff has to go in the same class with Spam! If you've never met it,
I've been known to describe it as "blood & guts"...basically, it's a
blood sausage with barley....spouse was raised on it as Saturday lunch,
fried and drowned in ketchup. Guess you could call it Polish corned beef
hash....

piglet

Richard m

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

> gy...@fred.net (Gypsy) wrote in article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>...

> Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> ignored entirely?
>

> Gypsy

Herb Caen in the San Francisco Chron used to have a lot to say about
Velveeta. Wonder is he is still saying it.

Wondering Richard

Jacqueline

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote:

>Gypsy wrote:

>> To which piglet replied (cutely, confusedly, and cryptically):
>>
>> >Because Velveeta is the Barry Manilow of foods.
>>
>> The Barry Manilow of "foods"? Mercy, I never suggested that Velveeta (or
>> Spam) could be classified as "food". I simply feel that if a Spam Queen
>> exists, then so should a Velveeta Queen. I hereby nominate "piglet".
>>
>> Gypsy

>Not now, not nohow, not never,not noway! God and my waistline know I'll
>eat just about anything but I draw the line at Velveeta! I have a
>longstanding relationship with the stuff which involves hidden alarm
>systems at all doors and windows which go off if anybody even tries to
>bring the stuff in my house.

>piglet, doing a lot of "ptui" at the thought of Velveeta.

>--
>**MP-Zu...@csu.edu** --siqua usdi*piglet--
>"We never made any trade. Part of the Indians gave up their
> lands; I never did. The earth is a part of my body, and I never
>gave up the earth." ---Toohulhulsote.

Gypsy-J crawling away in a corner as I admit I like Velveeta, it makes
the best pimento cheese "samaches"

Richard m

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

<50mnmu$j...@neon.house.gov>...

> But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

Yeah and its called Nachos

to remind you of machos??

Wonderin Richard

Tom Dier

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

James Romines wrote:

> My fellow appies,
>
> All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
> nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
> food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
> casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
> beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy
> wonders. Now that's Appalachian Food. Also, I took a Northern Irish
> (who is about 30) co-worker to Cracker Barrel and I suggested that she
> try chicken and dumplins and corn bread. She had never heard or ate
> them before in her life, and she loved 'em.
>
> Spreading Appalachia to the rest of the world,
>
> Nolichucky
>

> Gypsy wrote:
> >
> > Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> > ignored entirely?
> >
> > Gypsy

When I was married to my first wife we used to go to a health food co-op
and order health food. This was about 20 years ago. Don't get me wrong,
these were all good people, but we were all at an age (mid twenties)
where we took ourselves and our role in the world too seriously.
Processed food and sugar were no - no's. Almost sacreligious.

My former spouse made veggie burgers, and wanting to add a little zest
to them she topped them off with slices of Velveeta. Neither one of us
said anything as the burgers vanished in a matter of a few minutes.

We never did tell what our secret ingredient was that had everybody
raving.

Love and peace,

Tom -
older and wiser - 20 years later.

jad...@ramlink.net

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

> papa...@bga.com (Tim Henderson) writes:
>. And while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".

Well, I'll have to admit to being a fan of Spam (baked in the oven, like a ham) but Vienna sausages are really
pushing it :-) I used to eat them when I was a kid with LOTS of crackers and only after making sure to drain
off that jelly-like stuff and rinse them first! If any of you are in the Morehead area, you might have seen a
cooking show on the University station called "The Vienna Chef"... it was a RIOT!!! He made Vienna
popsicles, Vienna jello, Vienna milkshakes, you name it..... really disgusting, hilarious stuff :-)

Jeanetta
jad...@ramlink.net

I wake up in the morning,
life knocks me down...
Wipe the blood off my mouth,
and I go another round.

- Rob McNurlin
http://www.hepcat.com/beatnik

Maureen Kowalski

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

> wonders. Now that's Appalachian Food. Also, I took a Northern Irish
> (who is about 30) co-worker to Cracker Barrel and I suggested that she
> try chicken and dumplins and corn bread. She had never heard or ate
> them before in her life, and she loved 'em.

Along the same lines, my brother worked in Switzerland for a couple
years, and one time he and a colleague came stateside on business in
Ohio.One night at dinner my brother ordered pumpkin pie for dessert.
His buddy never ate pumpkin pie before, let alone saw a pumpkin up close
and personal. He ordered some, and enjoyed it with my brother.

Moe Money waiting for the pumpkin harvesting to begin

Jacqueline

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Leamon Hinkle <pl...@tcnet.net> wrote:

>Penny Freshwater wrote:
>>
>> But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

>Well, now, thanks a lot Penny, and I have been wasting money on wine and song.

>Leamon, old geezer gonna buy some of them two pounders of Velveeta come Saturday

Leamon, Lana had better watch you tonight if you go and buy them 2
lbs of Velveeta.

gypsy-j

piglet

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Jacqueline wrote:

> Gypsy-J crawling away in a corner as I admit I like Velveeta, it makes
> the best pimento cheese "samaches"

Now now no need for that....you can even have my share!

piglet

piglet

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

James Romines wrote:

> My fellow appies,
>
> All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
> nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
> food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
> casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
> beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy
> wonders.

Howbout homemade sausage? Anybody still do that?

Jacqueline

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

James Romines <jrom...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>My fellow appies,

> All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
> nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
> food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
> casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
> beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy

> wonders. Now that's Appalachian Food. Also, I took a Northern Irish
> (who is about 30) co-worker to Cracker Barrel and I suggested that she
> try chicken and dumplins and corn bread. She had never heard or ate
> them before in her life, and she loved 'em.

> Spreading Appalachia to the rest of the world,

> Nolichucky

All I can say about the Cracker Barrel's chichken and dumplings is if
you like them mine would drive you wild. That is one meal I never
want to experience at the Cracker Barrel again. Gag, and chicken and
dumplings are my favorite meal, but not from the cracker barrel.

Reminds me of a pathologist that I once worked with, he was talkin'
about how good the food was at the hospital and how it reminded him of
Mother's. I looked at him and said, "no ofense but if this reminds
you of Mother's she sure couldn't cook."

Gypsy-J
better cook than the Cracker Barrel

Maureen Kowalski

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

>Gypsy-J crawling away in a corner as I admit I like Velveeta, it makes
>the best pimento cheese "samaches"

Don't forget about grilled cheese with a bowl or cup of Campbell's
tomato soup on a rainy day for lunch

MoeMoney, my mouth is watering.

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Gypsy wrote:

> Papabear wrote:
>
> >If you guys think Spam and Velveeta are bad, you should try Haggis

> >(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
>
> >I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And

> >while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> >Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
>
> >Papabear
>
> An Aussie friend introduced me to Vegemite years ago, but even her own
> children switched to peanut butter. It's a little like boiling down soy sauce
> until it becomes 1% soy syrup and 99% salt (no offense to our Aussie
> friends--after all, my brothers and I used to refer to peanut butter as
> "choke butter").

Gypsy, I am still determined to try Vegemite.

> Vienna sausage would be palatable only if you were the sole survivor of a
> plane crash in the remote Andes--and we know what the alternative would be.

Ain't gonna go eaten any fellow Appies, but vienna sausages, rolled up in canned
buscuits and fried (pigs in a blanket) are pretty good to me.

> Haven't tried Haggis or Bludwurst, but that last one has a title too scary to
> contemplate.

I would try both, but especially the haggis...but isn't there a fried bread stuff
called haggis as opposed to the Scotish ones?

> Gypsy

Leamon, still looking for Vegemite

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Tim Henderson wrote:

> In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
> >
> >Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> >ignored entirely?
>
> If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis

> (Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
>
> I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
> while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
>
> Papabear

Papabear, I have always wanted to try haggis, and I have been doing all I can
to find a kind Australian person who will send me a sample of Vegemite. I have
had so many descriptions, I just don't know what to think. The last one was
that it is sorta like boiled down and salty soy sauce...that sounds pretty
good to me...an anchovie paste eater.

Leamon, willing to try "stange but different foods"

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Chip Taylor wrote:

> In article <50o7fr$a...@news3.realtime.net>, papa...@bga.com (Tim Henderson) wrote:
> >In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
> >>
> >>Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> >>ignored entirely?
> >
> >If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
> >(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
> >
> >I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
> >while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> >Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
> >
> >Papabear
> >

> Spam, Velveeta, and Vienna sausages! Food of the Gods! Don't forget Potted
> Meat! My family leaves the house whenever I open the can.

Nor Deviled Ham, either, Chip!!!

Leamon, eat what I like, let 'em leave..Krogers been selling potted meat 4/dollar

Gypsy

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

In article <50sq08$b...@news.campus.mci.net>, jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci

>All I can say about the Cracker Barrel's chichken and dumplings is if
>you like them mine would drive you wild. That is one meal I never
>want to experience at the Cracker Barrel again. Gag, and chicken and
>dumplings are my favorite meal, but not from the cracker barrel.

From one gypsy to another, "Amen, amen". I tried the place once and
couldn't stomach a morsel. Ditto "The Black Eyed Pea". Emulating
"Southern" food is about as effective as faking a "Southern accent"...
..oughta be a law.

Gypsy

piglet

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Lotsa mustard on the samich and tomato rice for the soup...but I'm with
ya!

Piglet (don't use velveeta, use imitation pasteurized processed cheese
food spread....)

piglet

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Jacqueline wrote:

> Reminds me of a pathologist that I once worked with, he was talkin'
> about how good the food was at the hospital and how it reminded him of
> Mother's. I looked at him and said, "no ofense but if this reminds
> you of Mother's she sure couldn't cook."
>
> Gypsy-J
> better cook than the Cracker Barrel

University of Chicago Hospitals is one of the major teaching/innovating
hospitals in the world. Food is fairly decent. Still, not my primo
choice of places to eat....since what's next door to the cafeteria is
pathology........just makes me narvis<G>

piglet

ps Borgess Hosp. in Kalamazoo has a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria, only
hospital I've met that's succumbed to the fast foodies, but there must
be more......

Jacqueline

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Leamon Hinkle <pl...@tcnet.net> wrote:

>Tim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
>> >
>> >Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
>> >ignored entirely?
>>
>> If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
>> (Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
>>
>> I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
>> while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
>> Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
>>
>> Papabear

>Papabear, I have always wanted to try haggis, and I have been doing all I can

>to find a kind Australian person who will send me a sample of Vegemite. I have
>had so many descriptions, I just don't know what to think. The last one was
>that it is sorta like boiled down and salty soy sauce...that sounds pretty
>good to me...an anchovie paste eater.

>Leamon, willing to try "stange but different foods"

Leamon, I do not want any anchovie paste, but I am with you on trying
the haggis and vegemite. I like to try different things and I have
heard about vegemite here on and on the cooking news groups so much
that I have a desire to try it.

gypsy-J

Jennifer Elam

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Summit Hosp. in Nashville has a McDonalds in it's cafeteria. Last time I
went to St. Thomas Hosp. in town with my mom, their food area looked like
the mall...lots of little food wagons with juices and bottled water.

Jen
--
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/3209/top.htm

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote in article <32324F...@csu.edu>...

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 16:37:01 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu>' wrote:

>> Gypsy-J crawling away in a corner as I admit I like Velveeta, it makes
>> the best pimento cheese "samaches"
>
>Now now no need for that....you can even have my share!
>
>piglet

crawling into corner with Gypsy-
J in case she decides to share her Velveeta,,gonna make a Velspammich..and
then take a nap..LOL mmmmmmmmm..

Imma knowing what Herms getting for Sunday lunch..have a great one..lol

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 17:14:51 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'Gypsy' wrote:

>From one gypsy to another, "Amen, amen". I tried the place once and
>couldn't stomach a morsel. Ditto "The Black Eyed Pea". Emulating
>"Southern" food is about as effective as faking a "Southern accent"...
>..oughta be a law.
>
>Gypsy

Ya talking to your self again girl,, LOL

Immulating Gypsy.. Hello Imma how are ya,,Fine thank yu for asking...LOL

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 17:16:26 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'Maureen Kowalski <kowa...@andrew.cmu.edu>' wrote:

>Don't forget about grilled cheese with a bowl or cup of Campbell's
>tomato soup on a rainy day for lunch
>
>MoeMoney, my mouth is watering.

Imma slipping a bib round Moes neck.. don't want to mess up that pretty
blouse now do you?? LOL

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 18:09:18 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'Leamon Hinkle <pl...@tcnet.net>' wrote:

>Ain't gonna go eaten any fellow Appies, but vienna sausages, rolled up in

>canned
>buscuits and fried (pigs in a blanket) are pretty good to me.

and dipped in melted Velveeta...mmm mmmm boy, youre coming to your
senses..LOL

Imma loves pigs in a blanket..

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 21:34:45 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net (Jacqueline)' wrote:

>>Leamon, old geezer gonna buy some of them two pounders of Velveeta come
>Saturday
>
>Leamon, Lana had better watch you tonight if you go and buy them 2
>lbs of Velveeta.
>
>gypsy-j

Leamon and 2 pounds of Velveeta = fluttering sheets and Lana on the couch
for the night..LOLOLOL Imma just teasing Leamon,,and dont be gitting on
Lana, it was just a wild guess..LOLOL

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 17:55:48 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'Leamon Hinkle <pl...@tcnet.net>' wrote:

>Leamon, willing to try "stange but different foods"

Why aint I surprised that a strange and different person would like strange
and different foods..LOL

Haggais (sp) is only good with a full water glass of single malt wiskey.and
a cute Scot playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes,,

Imma wondering what hes wearing under that skirt...LOL

Long live Robbie Burns....

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 21:36:41 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net (Jacqueline)' wrote:

>Reminds me of a pathologist that I once worked with, he was talkin'
>about how good the food was at the hospital and how it reminded him of
>Mother's. I looked at him and said, "no ofense but if this reminds

Mother's WHAT ?? yuckkkk

Imma not eating with no pathologist who compares his food to anything....

EMTP4355

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

In article <32324F...@csu.edu>, piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> writes:

>Borgess Hosp. in Kalamazoo has a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria, only
>hospital I've met that's succumbed to the fast foodies, but there must
>be more......

Ft Sanders Regional in Knoxville has Pizza hut in it also. Have you been
in a new Walmart Super Store? They all have some sort of fast food.
Crossville and Cookville both have McDonalds.

Joseph K. Murphy, EMT-P
KF4KEK
emtp...@aol.com

It's a free country (USA) and I have my own ideas on every thing whether
you agree or not

Sally Wallace

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

In article <50tj6q$j...@news.campus.mci.net>, jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net (Jacqueline) wrote:

>Leamon, I do not want any anchovie paste, but I am with you on trying
>the haggis and vegemite. I like to try different things and I have
>heard about vegemite here on and on the cooking news groups so much
>that I have a desire to try it.
>
>gypsy-J

Hey, gypsy-J! Do you have access to the Dekalb International Farmers'
Market in Atlanta? Pretty sure they have the vegemite there...can't imagine
why, tho....

Sally

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote in article <32324F...@csu.edu>...

> Jacqueline wrote:
>
> > Reminds me of a pathologist that I once worked with, he was talkin'
> > about how good the food was at the hospital and how it reminded him of
> > Mother's. I looked at him and said, "no ofense but if this reminds

> > you of Mother's she sure couldn't cook."
> >
> > Gypsy-J
> > better cook than the Cracker Barrel
>
> University of Chicago Hospitals is one of the major teaching/innovating
> hospitals in the world. Food is fairly decent. Still, not my primo
> choice of places to eat....since what's next door to the cafeteria is
> pathology........just makes me narvis<G>
>
> piglet
>

> ps Borgess Hosp. in Kalamazoo has a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria, only

> hospital I've met that's succumbed to the fast foodies, but there must
> be more......

Piglet, I have never worried about Pathology and food, use to do a lot of
work in the morgue and for some reason, it just never did bother me.

Gypsy-J
would have like to have been an undertaker

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

We have made sausage in my lifetime, I would say in the past 10 years or
less, but do not like it as well as some of the store bought brands.
--
Gypsy-J
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote in article <3231EB...@csu.edu>...

> James Romines wrote:
> >
> > My fellow appies,
> >
> > All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
> > nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
> > food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
> > casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
> > beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy
> > wonders.
>

> Howbout homemade sausage? Anybody still do that?
>
> piglet

johnn...@haz-uky.campus.mci.net

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

In article <50t35r$f...@lex.zippo.com>, Gypsy says...

>In article <50sq08$b...@news.campus.mci.net>, jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci
>>>

>>All I can say about the Cracker Barrel's chichken and dumplings is if
>>you like them mine would drive you wild. That is one meal I never
>>want to experience at the Cracker Barrel again. Gag, and chicken and
>>dumplings are my favorite meal, but not from the cracker barrel.
>>

>From one gypsy to another, "Amen, amen". I tried the place once and
>couldn't stomach a morsel. Ditto "The Black Eyed Pea". Emulating
>"Southern" food is about as effective as faking a "Southern accent"...
>..oughta be a law.
>
>Gypsy
>
>Fer ever and ever Amen. Cracker Barrel may be a great place for someone
who doesn't know any better, but that establishment is no place to get
authentic Southern cuisine. I mean to tell you they can't even make gravy
fit to eat. I hate to admit this, but for real honest to goodness Southern
cooking you have to start with the most basic ingredient-- Hog Lard.
Johnnybetterstartlookingafterhischolesterollevelbecausemyancestorsonlylived
tobeintheirninetiesCombs

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Moe, That is my very favorite soup, guess I eat it once or twice a week.

Now for them there samaches, how do most folks fix theirs?
No not another page, just wonderin' this sunday morning.

My mother always fixed them in the oven under the broiler, myself, I like
to put lots of butter in a skillet and fry them, nephew likes mine the
best.

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com wrote in article
<50u4ft$n...@news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>...

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

I have never had a fried vienna, thought the only way to eat those things
was straight out of the can. Oh, well, live and learn.

BTW, when I was growin' up I use to love vienna, now it just don't taste
that good, is it Imma gettin' older and smarter or did they change it?

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com wrote in article
<50u50s$n...@news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>...

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

> >From one gypsy to another, "Amen, amen". I tried the place once and
> >couldn't stomach a morsel. Ditto "The Black Eyed Pea". Emulating
> >"Southern" food is about as effective as faking a "Southern accent"...
> >..oughta be a law.
> >
> >Gypsy
> >
> >Fer ever and ever Amen. Cracker Barrel may be a great place for someone
> who doesn't know any better, but that establishment is no place to get
> authentic Southern cuisine. I mean to tell you they can't even make
gravy
> fit to eat. I hate to admit this, but for real honest to goodness
Southern
> cooking you have to start with the most basic ingredient-- Hog Lard.

Johnnybetterstartlookingafterhischolesterollevelbecausemyancestorsonlylived
> tobeintheirninetiesCombs

Johnny, I don't use hog lard, but sure do use the bacon grease, "at least
it ain't pure lard", but my grandmother lived to be 90 years old and her
cholestrol was normal up until the day she died. I can remember her taking
bread and wiping the grease out of a skillet and eatin' it. Would have
bet her cholestrol was high but it wasn't.

I may get flamed and laughed at for saying this, but my opinion is that it
is more in the genes than in what we eat.

Gypsy-J
former cholesterol tester.

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Fort Sanders, now that is my choice of hospitals in Knoxville, even tho' I
worked at Baptist. Did not know they now had a pizza hut, but they always
had pretty good food, but then of course it was catered and not cooked on
the premises even back in the early 80's.

Walmart in Hazard and Middlesboro, Kentucky also have Mc Donalds in them.

EMTP4355 <emtp...@aol.com> wrote in article
<50ufhl$h...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>...

> In article <32324F...@csu.edu>, piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> writes:
>

> >Borgess Hosp. in Kalamazoo has a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria, only
> >hospital I've met that's succumbed to the fast foodies, but there must
> >be more......

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

No offense Sally but Georgia is a long ways from Kentucky and that is where
both Leamon and I live. I have only been throught Ga. once in my life and
don't plan on going again.
But Thanks,

Sally Wallace <sc...@centuryinter.net> wrote in article
<50uhjj$r...@news.ot.centuryinter.net>...

Gy...@fred.net

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

In article <50u4db$m...@news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>, msmu...@usa.pipeline.com
says...(for reasons unknown):

>Hello Imma how are ya,,Fine thank yu for asking...LOL

Velveeta's doing its thing again. Rough on the brain cells.

Gypsy

Gypsy

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

In article <50unoa$e...@lex.zippo.com>, johnn...@haz-uky.campus.mci.net says...

>I hate to admit this, but for real honest to goodness Southern
> cooking you have to start with the most basic ingredient-- Hog Lard.

> Johnnybetterstartlookingafterhischolesterollevelbecausemyancestorsonlylived
> tobeintheirninetiesCombs

Cholesterol or no, it made the best pie crusts on the planet. Have
an aunt in her nineties who grew up on it. So much for low fat diets.

Gypsy

Naaman Nickell

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

: I may get flamed and laughed at for saying this, but my opinion is that it

: is more in the genes than in what we eat.

: Gypsy-J
: former cholesterol tester.

I'll vote with you on this one Gypsy-J. I've been fighting, well sorta
fighting, high cholesterol for several years. I can control it enough with
diet and exercise but it still lingers over 200. My genealogy tells me
there is a lot genetically going on here.

As an aside, you as a former cholesterol test should find this amusing.
After my last test, may doctor asked "what have you been doing to get
your cholesterol down to 170 and the good cholesterol looks great." We
looked at one another a minute, and I said "Uh, oh, let's do a retest
right now.'' He agree, and the retest was right back up about where it's
been hanging. And there's some real healthy person somewherer in Phoenix
that got quite a scare.

Naaman

Jennifer Elam

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Gypsy-J <jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net> wrote in article
<01bb9daf$3fa77f80$22661bce@default>...

> Walmart in Hazard and Middlesboro, Kentucky also have Mc Donalds in them.

Same with the Walmart Superstore in Lebanon, TN. What a place! You can go
there, buy clothes, tv's, get your hair cut, get your eyes checked, go
grocery shopping and eat lunch. And after that's done, you can pick up
your medicine and go home. No wonder I get dressed up just to go to
Walmart! <grin>

Jen
--
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/3209/top.htm

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com wrote:

> On Sep 07, 1996 21:34:45 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

> It>, 'jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net (Jacqueline)' wrote:
>

> >>Leamon, old geezer gonna buy some of them two pounders of Velveeta come
> >Saturday
> >
> >Leamon, Lana had better watch you tonight if you go and buy them 2
> >lbs of Velveeta.
> >
> >gypsy-j
>
> Leamon and 2 pounds of Velveeta = fluttering sheets and Lana on the couch
> for the night..LOLOLOL Imma just teasing Leamon,,and dont be gitting on
> Lana, it was just a wild guess..LOLOL

Wrong, MS Imma...Leamon on couch...cats with Lana...all out of Velveeta now, though.
I'll NOT be getting on Lana, that is one mean woman when sheets have to be
fanned, for whatever reason. LOL

Leamon

Gypsy-J

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Naaman Nickell <nic...@primenet.com> wrote in article
<5106k2$3...@nnrp1.news.primenet.com>...

Naaman,

My mother had the same problem with her's, not too, too high but just a
little above normal, so she read where if you drank red wine it would
bring it down. So now every night before she goes to bed she drinks about
1 oz of Ernest &Julio Gallo Cabernet Sauvignon and you know what her
cholestrol is now normal and she does not watch what she eats. There are a
couple of folks on the fibromyalgia news group that I told this to and they
have both started drinking it and wrote me last time they went to the
doctor and both said there's was down in the normal range, too. It is
cheaper than medication, even tho' my mother says it tastes worse than
medicine, that bottle I had here to copy the name off of was a 1.5 liter
and cost $8.99. Gypsy-J took the wine back to the kitchen, did not look
too proper settin' here on my puter at 4 :30 AM.

Naaman Nickell

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Gypsy-J <jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net> wrote:
: > After my last test, may doctor asked "what have you been doing to get

: > your cholesterol down to 170 and the good cholesterol looks great." We
: > looked at one another a minute, and I said "Uh, oh, let's do a retest
: > right now.'' He agree, and the retest was right back up about where it's
: > been hanging. And there's some real healthy person somewherer in Phoenix
: > that got quite a scare.
: >
: > Naaman
[...]

gypsy-j: actually, my doctor suggested a glass of wine or a beer in the
evening. i thought, well, if one is good, half a dozen--just kidding. but
i an trying his regimen. will keep you posted.

naaman

piglet

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Leamon Hinkle wrote:

> Tim Henderson wrote:
> >
> > In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
> > >
> > >Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> > >ignored entirely?
> >
> > If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
> > (Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
> >
> > I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
> > while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> > Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
> >
> > Papabear
>
> Papabear, I have always wanted to try haggis, and I have been doing all I can
> to find a kind Australian person who will send me a sample of Vegemite. I have
> had so many descriptions, I just don't know what to think. The last one was
> that it is sorta like boiled down and salty soy sauce...that sounds pretty
> good to me...an anchovie paste eater.

> Leamon, willing to try "stange but different foods"

Leamon: a veggie dip to try while you wait for your vegemite....

take equal parts butter and chopped garlic; saute. turn off heat, mash in
an equal third of anchovy paste, dip with fresh veggies, keeping dip
warm. Yum, yum....but don't spect the rest of these 'veeta eaters to
think so.....

piglet

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Jacqueline wrote:

> Leamon Hinkle <pl...@tcnet.net> wrote:
>
> >Tim Henderson wrote:
> >>
> >> In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...

> >> If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
> >> (Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
> >>
> >> I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
> >> while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> >> Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
> >>
> >> Papabear
>
> >Papabear, I have always wanted to try haggis, and I have been doing all I can
> >to find a kind Australian person who will send me a sample of Vegemite. I have
> >had so many descriptions, I just don't know what to think. The last one was
> >that it is sorta like boiled down and salty soy sauce...that sounds pretty
> >good to me...an anchovie paste eater.
>
> >Leamon, willing to try "stange but different foods"
>
> Leamon, I do not want any anchovie paste, but I am with you on trying
> the haggis and vegemite. I like to try different things and I have
> heard about vegemite here on and on the cooking news groups so much
> that I have a desire to try it.
>
> gypsy-J

If you have got a health food store that is heavy into vegetarian stuff
by you, they may have vegemite. If not and you're serious, let me know
and I'll see if our health food store still carries it.....

piglet

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com wrote:

> a cute Scot playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes,,
>
> Imma wondering what hes wearing under that skirt...LOL
>
> Long live Robbie Burns....

Imma,

As I have been told by pipers:
'taint nothin worn under that kilt, lady....it's all in perfect working
order!

piglet, just passin it on

piglet

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

EMTP4355 wrote:
Have you been
> in a new Walmart Super Store? They all have some sort of fast food.
> Crossville and Cookville both have McDonalds.

Don't have any by us....but all the K-Marts around here are getting
Little Caesar's Pizza Stations.....

piglet

Autumn Kruer

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

Have worked in several hospitals. Used to ask if lunch was the Alpo
chunks special or Ken-L-Ration. Can stomach some gross medical stuff
while I'm eating good food, however, can't stomach hospital food.

Autumn

john a dalton

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96
to Naaman Nickell

naaman...the secret to all this is to find 4 older neighbors who don't
want their portion of wine each day and help them out...no use wasting
the stuff on folks who can't make a decision...love you east
tenn...regards...john from delightful north georgia...

Lisa B

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote:

>Don't have any by us....but all the K-Marts around here are getting
>Little Caesar's Pizza Stations.....

>piglet

Here, too. Pity. Never cared much for Lil Sneezer's.
(Pizza? PIZZA?!?!)

Lisa
acq_...@dayton.lib.oh.us

Maureen Kowalski

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

>Haggais (sp) is only good with a full water glass of single malt wiskey.and

>a cute Scot playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes,,
>
>Imma wondering what hes wearing under that skirt...LOL
>
>Long live Robbie Burns....

We have an entire bagpipe corps here at school that pipes for special
ceremonies, etc. In fact, this is the only school in the world that
offers a degree in bagpipes, no lie; ask Alex Trebek-- it was a
jeopardy question.

We also have the Kiltie band which is the college marching band. They
dress complete in kilts, jackets, hats and sporrans. At the activites
fair they handed out flyers billing themselves as the band without
pants. As for what they wear under the kilts, I doubt you would get a
response.

Moe Money gettin itchy from the wool

piglet

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

Nice to know somebody else calls them that....check it out, though...my
experience has been that while the regular Sneezer here is abysmal, the
KMart one is excellent...and they have some menu items the regular one
doesnt, including a garlic bread that's actually a baby pan pan crust
with cheese, butter and garlic and no sauce.....to die for.

gypsy

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

In article <3235D9...@csu.edu>, piglet says...

>Nice to know somebody else calls them that....check it out, though...my
>experience has been that while the regular Sneezer here is abysmal, the
>KMart one is excellent...and they have some menu items the regular one
>doesnt, including a garlic bread that's actually a baby pan pan crust
>with cheese, butter and garlic and no sauce.....to die for.
>
>piglet
>--

Maybe to die "after". I think this is Little Caesar's attempt at white
pizza, but never never never at the "cheeser cheeser" place. Treat
yourself to some "real" white pizza at an Italian restaurant. Almost
better than sex.

Gypsy

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

piglet wrote:

> Leamon Hinkle wrote:
> >
> > Tim Henderson wrote:
> > >
> > > In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...

> > > If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
> > > (Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
> > >
> > > I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
> > > while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> > > Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
> > >
> > > Papabear
> >
> > Papabear, I have always wanted to try haggis, and I have been doing all I can
> > to find a kind Australian person who will send me a sample of Vegemite. I have
> > had so many descriptions, I just don't know what to think. The last one was
> > that it is sorta like boiled down and salty soy sauce...that sounds pretty
> > good to me...an anchovie paste eater.
> >
> > Leamon, willing to try "stange but different foods"
>
> Leamon: a veggie dip to try while you wait for your vegemite....
>
> take equal parts butter and chopped garlic; saute. turn off heat, mash in
> an equal third of anchovy paste, dip with fresh veggies, keeping dip
> warm. Yum, yum....but don't spect the rest of these 'veeta eaters to
> think so.....
>
> piglet

Sounds pretty good, except the saute of garlic part. SO and felines hate garlic...
especially sauteed. Wonder how it would be with Velveeta blended in?

Leamon

Gypsy

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

piglet (sharing a wonderful recipe with us all) wrote:

>> take equal parts butter and chopped garlic; saute. turn off heat, mash in
>> an equal third of anchovy paste, dip with fresh veggies, keeping dip
>> warm. Yum, yum....but don't spect the rest of these 'veeta eaters to
>> think so.....
>>
>> piglet

And Leamon proceeded to ruin it by pondering (rhetorically):

>Wonder how it would be with Velveeta blended in?
>
>Leamon

Why not just julienne the spam and use it for dippers?
Gypsy

GRINDSTAFF, J. NICK

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

Its great! Grandmother made it after butcherin the steer. Its blood and
some other stuff...better than suckin marrow bones. Also, my very fav-
cow's tongue....ummmmmm good. Boil that sucker in pickel'n spices, chill,
slice thin, serv on brown bread with lots of mustard. Rem. we are GERMAN
or Dutch as my Grand-daddy would say. Serve that with some pickled corn
and apple dumplins. (das est goodt!)

Lisa B

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote:

>Nice to know somebody else calls them that....check it out, though...my
>experience has been that while the regular Sneezer here is abysmal, the
>KMart one is excellent...and they have some menu items the regular one
>doesnt, including a garlic bread that's actually a baby pan pan crust
>with cheese, butter and garlic and no sauce.....to die for.

>piglet

Thanks for the tip on the garlic bread, sounds yummy!

Mouth-watering delight for me = eye-watering experience for my
co-workers.

Lisa
acq_...@dayton.lib.oh.us

Richard m

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

> piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote in article <323504...@csu.edu>...

> msmu...@usa.pipeline.com wrote:
>
> > a cute Scot playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes,,
> >
> > Imma wondering what hes wearing under that skirt...LOL
> >
> > Long live Robbie Burns....
>

> Imma,
>
> As I have been told by pipers:
> 'taint nothin worn under that kilt, lady....it's all in perfect working
> order!
>
> piglet, just passin it on
> --

You must have been talking to an Irish piper. : )
The Scottish in me rises to the occasion. If "it's ALL in perfect working
order" ma'am, it has to be a wee bit worn!! After all how do ye think
Scotch Irish came aboot?

Richard The Kilt is worn with Pride.

CUT "You blew your line laddie, , Take two"

Richard The Kilt is worn from Pride

msw

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

>>Imma wondering what hes wearing under that skirt...LOL

Well, Imma, I'd guess that nothing's worn under there; it should
all work just fine.

Mike

William Drummond

Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96

> >> In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...

> >> If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
> >> (Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).

Hey, whats wrong with haggis. It's good. Alot like scrapple in tast.

--
William Drummond -- ro...@digitalexp.com
Clan Drummond Page <http://www.cybercity.hko.net/london/ronan/>

Maureen Kowalski

Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96

>I may get flamed and laughed at for saying this, but my opinion is that it
>is more in the genes than in what we eat.
>
>Gypsy-J
>former cholesterol tester.

I'll agree with you,Gypsy- J. I consider mashed potatoes& gravy to be
one of the basic food groups along with donuts and Pepsi. Just what is
a calorie anyway?LOLOLOLOLOL When I worked in the nursing home and they
would serve roast pork with gravy in the cafeteria, I would always ask
for extra cholesterol with my potatoes, and the server would laugh and
put on extra gravy.

Moe Money

LBG

Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96

In Article <512op0$1b...@useneta1.news.prodigy.com>, TQR...@prodigy.com

I'm thinking of my brother-in-law as I read this thread. He manages a
hospital cafeteria and his philosophy of hospital food is this:

When someone is a patient in the hospital, there is SO much going on that
they don't understand, and or uncomfortable/unfamiliar with. Food is the one
thing that everyone knows about and understands. Consequently, it is the
easiest thing to criticize.

Of course, many comments here are from people who work at hospital -- makes
me wonder what theory goes with them.

-- Lisa G.

piglet

Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96

gypsy wrote:

> In article <3235D9...@csu.edu>, piglet says...
>

> >Nice to know somebody else calls them that....check it out, though...my
> >experience has been that while the regular Sneezer here is abysmal, the
> >KMart one is excellent...and they have some menu items the regular one
> >doesnt, including a garlic bread that's actually a baby pan pan crust
> >with cheese, butter and garlic and no sauce.....to die for.
> >
> >piglet
> >--
>
> Maybe to die "after". I think this is Little Caesar's attempt at white
> pizza, but never never never at the "cheeser cheeser" place. Treat
> yourself to some "real" white pizza at an Italian restaurant. Almost
> better than sex.
>
> Gypsy

Druther make my own....but a good Italian restaurant don't qualify as
roadfood; KMart does.....<G>

piglet

Patricia Carroll

Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96

Gypsy wrote:

> In article <50sq08$b...@news.campus.mci.net>, jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci
> >>

> >All I can say about the Cracker Barrel's chichken and dumplings is if
> >you like them mine would drive you wild. That is one meal I never
> >want to experience at the Cracker Barrel again. Gag, and chicken and
> >dumplings are my favorite meal, but not from the cracker barrel.
> >

> From one gypsy to another, "Amen, amen". I tried the place once and
> couldn't stomach a morsel. Ditto "The Black Eyed Pea". Emulating
> "Southern" food is about as effective as faking a "Southern accent"...
> ..oughta be a law.
>
> Gypsy

I agree! I once ordered a "Country Ham" biscuit at a Cracker Barrel
restaurant. I thought they had made a mistake and given me the wrong
thing, and said to the waitress, "No, this is supposed to be COUNTRY
ham". The manager came out to tell me they didn't use what I considered
"country ham" because it was too salty for the majority of their
customers! My last trip to Cracker Barrel!

Patricia

G cooper

Sep 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/13/96

Sounds good, almost as good as road kill or potted meat.

Gaylord (out on the road again lookin for supper)

Maureen Kowalski

Sep 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/13/96

>Nice to know somebody else calls them that....check it out, though...my
>experience has been that while the regular Sneezer here is abysmal, the
>KMart one is excellent...and they have some menu items the regular one
>doesnt, including a garlic bread that's actually a baby pan pan crust
>with cheese, butter and garlic and no sauce.....to die for.

Not all Little Caesars are bad. The one in Verona PA is great, and I
prefer it over Pizza Slut anyday.

Moe Money workin late on Friday and sneekin in a post or 2.

Lisa B

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

Maureen Kowalski <kowa...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>Not all Little Caesars are bad. The one in Verona PA is great, and I
>prefer it over Pizza Slut anyday.

>Moe Money workin late on Friday and sneekin in a post or 2.

Pizza Slut used to be okay, but went downhill. Godfather's used to be
GREAT & went out of business.

When we visit KY, we order Giovanni's. Greasy, but they understand
toppings. Used to giggle at their logo, then they went & changed it.
Lisa
acq_...@dayton.lib.oh.us

Kiragirl

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

In article <5153cl$s...@dazzle.etsu-tn.edu>, "GRINDSTAFF, J. NICK"
<ZJN...@access.east-tenn-st.edu> writes:

Pickled corn sounds good but I think I'd have to be "pickled" myself to
eat the rest of that stuff<g>..My dad says that they grew up eating stuff
like that. He tried to get mom to cook him cow brains once , but she
couldn't cook em to well from the floor...Thats where she fell after she
fainted! <G> Naw ,she didn't faint, she did however get a little queasy
and refused to cook them again.

The ones who say it can't be done are the ones too afraid to try.

piglet

Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96

> Maureen Kowalski <kowa...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>

> >Not all Little Caesars are bad. The one in Verona PA is great, and I
> >prefer it over Pizza Slut anyday.

I think we got the beginnings of a thread here, on what you call various
fast foodies....

The ones I know, besides Lil Sneezers (Pizza Slut is new to me!)
Mickey D's
Booger King
Long John Sliders or Long John Slivers

Lisa B

Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote:

>I think we got the beginnings of a thread here, on what you call various
>fast foodies....

>The ones I know, besides Lil Sneezers (Pizza Slut is new to me!)
> Mickey D's
> Booger King
> Long John Sliders or Long John Slivers

>piglet

Windy's
Taco Hell...

Lisa
acq_...@dayton.lib.oh.us

Len Revelle

Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96

piglet wrote:

> > Maureen Kowalski <kowa...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> >

> > >Not all Little Caesars are bad. The one in Verona PA is great, and I
> > >prefer it over Pizza Slut anyday.
>
> I think we got the beginnings of a thread here, on what you call various
> fast foodies....
>
> The ones I know, besides Lil Sneezers (Pizza Slut is new to me!)
> Mickey D's
> Booger King
> Long John Sliders or Long John Slivers
>
> piglet
>
> --
> **MP-Zu...@csu.edu** --siqua usdi*piglet--
> "We never made any trade. Part of the Indians gave up their
> lands; I never did. The earth is a part of my body, and I never
> gave up the earth." ---Toohulhulsote.

-- Let's not overlook Chez Mac's

********************************
| Len Revelle len...@wwa.com |
| Illinois CIS 72607,1320 |
| KE9YR AMA 60055 |
********************************

Len Revelle

Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96

Chip Taylor wrote:

> In article <51gg1n$o...@eri.erinet.com>, acq_...@dayton.lib.oh.us wrote:

> >piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote:
> >
> >>I think we got the beginnings of a thread here, on what you call various
> >>fast foodies....
> >
> >>The ones I know, besides Lil Sneezers (Pizza Slut is new to me!)
> >> Mickey D's
> >> Booger King
> >> Long John Sliders or Long John Slivers
> >
> >>piglet
> >
> >Windy's
> >Taco Hell...
> >

> >Lisa
> >acq_...@dayton.lib.oh.us
> >

> Jack in the Crack
> (after the E. Coli deal)

-- Oh, yeah.....Dog N Suds = Arf N Barf

Chip Taylor

Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96

piglet

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

Len Revelle wrote:

> -- Oh, yeah.....Dog N Suds = Arf N Barf
>
> ********************************
> | Len Revelle len...@wwa.com |
> | Illinois CIS 72607,1320 |
> | KE9YR AMA 60055 |
> ********************************

Len, reminds me of what we call those potty stops on the road where
you're just there to use the pot and get a cold Coke: whiz n fizz.....

BTW, I understand everything in your sig file except the AMA.....can you
splain?

Faye Hanson

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

In article <323C79...@wwa.com>, Len Revelle <len...@wwa.com> wrote:

> -- Oh, yeah.....Dog N Suds = Arf N Barf

We call Waffle House --- Awful Waffle
faye

Country Grocer

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96
How about Dirty Queen
Country Grocer

R R Neuswanger

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

In <51fu7f$5...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, kira...@aol.com (Kiragirl) writes:
>The ones who say it can't be done are the ones too afraid to try.

I had blood pudding for supper last night -- made in
Milwaukee, not the *real* German kind, but pretty good!
I rinsed & drained some sauerkraut, added caraway and a few
other things, buried the blood pudding in it, poured a bunch
of white wine over it, covered it, and baked the whole thing
an hour in a slow toaster-oven. Ate it with boiled potatoes
and more white wine. Scrumptious!

R.R. Neuswanger, Ph.D., NRA life
Balto-Fennic, Germanic, Romance
AcqBibSuppProj (ABSP) Freedom is my issue: I'm pro-
Library of Congress choice, concealed carry, and
Washington, DC right to die. And I always vote.
20540-4120
rr...@loc.gov I speak for me. Only.

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96
to piglet

piglet wrote:

> Len Revelle wrote:
>
> > -- Oh, yeah.....Dog N Suds = Arf N Barf
> >
> > ********************************
> > | Len Revelle len...@wwa.com |
> > | Illinois CIS 72607,1320 |
> > | KE9YR AMA 60055 |
> > ********************************
>
> Len, reminds me of what we call those potty stops on the road where
> you're just there to use the pot and get a cold Coke: whiz n fizz.....
>
> BTW, I understand everything in your sig file except the AMA.....can you
> splain?
>
> piglet

Let me guess...American Modeler's Association...right Len. Used to
belong to
that group way back when freeflight was the big thing...RC only an
unaffordable
dream..except for the Galloping Ghost reed xmiter. Remember them?

Leamon, VTOL

Gypsy

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

In article <323D5F...@CITYNET.NET>, Country says...

>Faye Hanson wrote:

That's "Taco Smell" here in MD.

Gypsy

john a dalton

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96
to piglet

piglet wrote:

> > Maureen Kowalski <kowa...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> >

> > >Not all Little Caesars are bad. The one in Verona PA is great, and I
> > >prefer it over Pizza Slut anyday.
>
> I think we got the beginnings of a thread here, on what you call various
> fast foodies....
>
> The ones I know, besides Lil Sneezers (Pizza Slut is new to me!)
> Mickey D's
> Booger King
> Long John Sliders or Long John Slivers
>
> piglet
>
> --
> **MP-Zu...@csu.edu** --siqua usdi*piglet--
> "We never made any trade. Part of the Indians gave up their
> lands; I never did. The earth is a part of my body, and I never
> gave up the earth." ---Toohulhulsote.

this is a little "off the thread" but they have several great ones near here..."The
Giant Crab" (their specialty is 1/2 lb hamburgers)..."Burger Biggy" (their specialty is
a great seafood platter)..."Barbaraqueued" (world's best coleslaw)..."Da' Best" (fried
chicken like you ain't gonna believe)...and a dog-grooming place called "The Barking
Lot"...regards...john...

Julie Mangin

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

Roy Rogers = Rotten Roy's

Myra Sims

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

piglet wrote:

> I think we got the beginnings of a thread here, on what you call various
> fast foodies....
>
> The ones I know, besides Lil Sneezers (Pizza Slut is new to me!)
> Mickey D's> > Booger King
> Long John Sliders or Long John Slivers
>
> piglet

I've always called Waffle House the 'Awful House'. I worked in a
place during high school that was called the Tasty Cream (in
Weber City, VA). We always referred to it as the 'Nasty Cream'.
Unfortunately, they tore it down to put up one of those new,
impersonal Exxon convenience stores. Sure did love those hot
fudge sundaes! Myra

Harriet Bower

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

Have you ever heard about Eat 'N Puke or Kentucky Fried Rat?

Harriet Bower
Fairmont, West Virginia

Jacqueline

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

rn...@rneu.loc.gov (R R Neuswanger) wrote:

>In <51fu7f$5...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, kira...@aol.com (Kiragirl) writes:
>>The ones who say it can't be done are the ones too afraid to try.

> I had blood pudding for supper last night -- made in
> Milwaukee, not the *real* German kind, but pretty good!
> I rinsed & drained some sauerkraut, added caraway and a few
> other things, buried the blood pudding in it, poured a bunch
> of white wine over it, covered it, and baked the whole thing
> an hour in a slow toaster-oven. Ate it with boiled potatoes
> and more white wine. Scrumptious!

> R.R. Neuswanger, Ph.D., NRA life
> Balto-Fennic, Germanic, Romance

If I ate blood puddin' wine would not be enough for me it would take
something much stronger.

Gypsy-J
Gypsy-J aka Jacqueline
visit my home page
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249/index1.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249/recipes.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249/spam.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249/nospam.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249/Gypsy-J's Links for Kid's
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249/coldiron.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249melton.html

Jacqueline

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote:

>Len Revelle wrote:

>> -- Oh, yeah.....Dog N Suds = Arf N Barf
>>
>> ********************************
>> | Len Revelle len...@wwa.com |
>> | Illinois CIS 72607,1320 |
>> | KE9YR AMA 60055 |
>> ********************************

>Len, reminds me of what we call those potty stops on the road where
>you're just there to use the pot and get a cold Coke: whiz n fizz.....

>BTW, I understand everything in your sig file except the AMA.....can you
>splain?

>piglet

>--
>**MP-Zu...@csu.edu** --siqua usdi*piglet--
>"We never made any trade. Part of the Indians gave up their
> lands; I never did. The earth is a part of my body, and I never
>gave up the earth." ---Toohulhulsote.

Piglet maybe he is a member of the American Medical association and
that is his membership number.

The only AMA, Gypsy-j, knows.

Perini

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

EMTP4355 wrote:

> In article <32324F...@csu.edu>, piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> writes:
>
> >Borgess Hosp. in Kalamazoo has a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria, only
> >hospital I've met that's succumbed to the fast foodies, but there must
> >be more......
> >

> Ft Sanders Regional in Knoxville has Pizza hut in it also. Have you been
> in a new Walmart Super Store? They all have some sort of fast food.
> Crossville and Cookville both have McDonalds.
>
> Joseph K. Murphy, EMT-P
> KF4KEK
> emtp...@aol.com
>
> It's a free country (USA) and I have my own ideas on every thing whether
> you agree or not

When the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne ran out of money for a
new canteen good ol Macdonald's came to the rescue and build a new
canteen with golden arches right in the lobby of the hospital. Hmmmm

I don't know whether the ptomaine rates have gone up.
Tracey
a slow food practitioner

R R Neuswanger

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

In <51nifh$j...@lex.zippo.com>, jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net (Jacqueline) writes:
>If I ate blood puddin' wine would not be enough for me it would take
>something much stronger.
>
>Gypsy-J
It just tastes like good rich thick gravy.

R.R. Neuswanger, Ph.D., NRA life
Balto-Fennic, Germanic, Romance

pay...@marshall.edu

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

In article <323BD2...@csu.edu>, piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> writes:
>> Maureen Kowalski <kowa...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>>

>> >Not all Little Caesars are bad. The one in Verona PA is great, and I
>> >prefer it over Pizza Slut anyday.
>
> I think we got the beginnings of a thread here, on what you call various
> fast foodies....
>
> The ones I know, besides Lil Sneezers (Pizza Slut is new to me!)
> Mickey D's
> Booger King
> Long John Sliders or Long John Slivers
>
> piglet

We call Taco Bell- Taco Hell
And my fav name change- Target pronounced Taarrrr- jjay
It's not fast food, but thought it was funny.

Elizabeth

--
There is only one thing in life, and I'm not telling what it is.
Dont do today what you should have done yesterday because it is

It is loading more messages.