mod_python + ssl ???

wswilson

Apr 1, 2008, 8:06:23 PM4/1/08
I'm very new to ssl and apache config so this may be obvious. I'm
running on apache2 on mac os x leopard. All urls except /static are
handled by python. However, when I set "SSLEngine On", none of my urls
respond. They all come back "Failed to open page" in my browser. What
am I doing wrong? Thanks.

---------httpd.conf----------

ServerRoot "/usr"
Listen 80
Listen 443

LoadModule python_module libexec/apache2/mod_python.so
LoadModule mime_module libexec/apache2/mod_mime.so
LoadModule ssl_module libexec/apache2/mod_ssl.so

User www
Group www

DocumentRoot "/code/public"

ServerName www.domain.com #actually my domain

ErrorLog /private/var/log/apache2/error_log

LogLevel warn

<IfModule log_config_module>
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-
Agent}i\"" combined

<IfModule logio_module>
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-
Agent}i\" %I %O" combinedio
</IfModule>

CustomLog /private/var/log/apache2/access_log common
</IfModule>

DefaultType text/plain

<IfModule mime_module>
TypesConfig /private/etc/apache2/mime.types
AddType application/x-compress .Z
AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz

AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl .crl
</IfModule>

<VirtualHost *:443>
SSLEngine On

SSLCertificateFile "/certs/www.domain.com.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "/certs/www.domain.com.key"
SSLCertificateChainFile "/certs/gd_intermediate_bundle.crt"
</VirtualHost>

<Location "/">
SetHandler mod_python
PythonHandler lib.app
PythonDebug On
PythonPath "['/code/'] + sys.path"
</Location>

<Location "/admin">
SetHandler mod_python
PythonHandler lib.admin
PythonDebug On
PythonPath "['/code/'] + sys.path"
</Location>

<Location "/static">
SetHandler none
</Location>

wswilson

Apr 3, 2008, 3:14:47 PM4/3/08
On Apr 1, 8:06 pm, wswilson <wswil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm very new to ssl and apache config so this may be obvious. I'm
> running on apache2 on mac os x leopard. All urls except /static are
> handled by python. However, when I set "SSLEngine On", none of my urls
> respond. They all come back "Failed to open page" in my browser. What
> am I doing wrong? Thanks.
>
> ---------httpd.conf----------
>
> ServerRoot "/usr"
> Listen 80
> Listen 443
>
> LoadModule python_module libexec/apache2/mod_python.so
> LoadModule mime_module libexec/apache2/mod_mime.so
> LoadModule ssl_module libexec/apache2/mod_ssl.so
>
> User www
> Group www
>
> DocumentRoot "/code/public"
>
> ServerNamewww.domain.com#actually my domain

Forgot to mention: The same configuration works in debian etch and
then fails when I turn on SSLEngine.