httpd.conf ???????

Andrea Arquint

Jul 21, 2004, 10:25:38 AM7/21/04
Hi

I'm responsible now for a apache webserver...

There are a lot of locations of httpd.conf saves an backups and all
that stuff...

So, how do I find out which httpd.conf is realy used by httpd
deamon????

Thanks

Andrea Arquint

James Watson

Jul 21, 2004, 10:42:16 AM7/21/04
you'll need to find out what httpd process is running, do the following:

ps ax | grep httpd

if it shows up: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
then most like the config is in /usr/local/apache/conf/ = httpd.conf

if it shows /usr/bin/httpd (or /usr/sbin/httpd) not entirely 100% sure, then
it might be in /etc/httpd/conf/ = httpd.conf

Try this for starters.

"Andrea Arquint" <aarq...@hsw.fhz.ch> wrote in message

Davide Bianchi

Jul 21, 2004, 10:42:58 AM7/21/04
Andrea Arquint <aarq...@hsw.fhz.ch> wrote:
> So, how do I find out which httpd.conf is realy used by httpd
> deamon????

httpd -V will show the default compilation options where there is the
complete path of the default configuration file. Then check in the
script used to start the daemon if that location is overridden by
the -C option.

Davide

--
| The number of arguments is unimportant unless some of them are
| correct.

Andrea Arquint

Jul 21, 2004, 10:45:55 AM7/21/04
I renamed the one I thought and "apachectl restart" doesn't work...

I renamed it back and then it works... So I think.. Thas all...

Thanks

Andrea Arquint