AOLSucks: Lies Available For Your Reading Pleasure

RM

Jan 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/5/97

A bit of information I found from media.aol.com (under "AOL and the
WWW") that caught my attention:

> It's true...millions of people are accessing the Internet daily. And they're doing it
> through America Online. Through its consumer membership base, AOL today provides
> 30% of all Internet usage. That's more than all of the other online service providers
> combined. In fact, that's even more than all the Internet service providers (ISPs)
> combined.

Anyone else see something a bit strange? America Online having more
members and usage than every ISP? Now I know that they (may) mean the
United States and Canada, but that's not what was stated. So apparently,
AOL has more members than all ISPs from Australia, Asia, North and South
America, Africa, and Europe combined? I see some exaggeration there...

> And here's a statistic that may surprise you - 69% of home Internet users say they
> access the Web through AOL. Bottom line: if consumers are visiting you on the Web,
> it's happening through America Online. That's because AOL is the Internet...and a
> whole lot more.

Once again, more users of one online service than of independent ISPs on
Earth? And then to say if consumers are going to your site, they
positively, must be, without a shadow of a doubt, doing it thru AOL. And
let's not forget the most deceptive phrase of all time: "AOL is the
Internet...and more". I'm a bit surprised no one has arrested members of
the company for not just lying, but just for being this stupid.

> "Give credit where it's due - many Americans think AOL is the Internet." - Robert
> Seidman, Industry Analyst

A quote worth keeping.

RM
--
"I became insane over long periods of horrible sanity."
- Edgar Allen Poe

Matthew Borowski

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

On Sun, 05 Jan 1997 23:27:42 -0500, RM
<rma...@spam-foiler.voicenet.com> wrote:

>Once again, more users of one online service than of independent ISPs on
>Earth? And then to say if consumers are going to your site, they

SNIPPED

>Internet...and more". I'm a bit surprised no one has arrested members of
>the company for not just lying, but just for being this stupid.
>
>> "Give credit where it's due - many Americans think AOL is the Internet." - Robert
>> Seidman, Industry Analyst

And on top of that, there's many americans who think it's trendy to
smoke crack.

------>>>>>>>>> aOL iS sUcKS nOt kEWL hATe bISK
------>>>>>>>>> http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3937/
------>>>>>>>>> m...@poboxes.com