Today's laughing stock

debiddo

Dec 7, 2001, 4:09:54 AM12/7/01
No, it's not Tim this time (not Rich either!)

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/610602541

> I love whales

awwwwww, sweety, I'm sure you do, but other people love eating whales.
You have to compromise with this people honey.

>There is no excuse to kill whales.

Yes there is, food. I suppose there is no excuse to kill cows or sheep
either?

>It is motivated purely by greed.

No, it is motivated by tasty food. If whale meat was not tasty, who the
hell would pay money to buy it? Someone can't think clearly...

>There is no humane way to kill a whale,

Yes there is, and they employ such techinques.

>they're too big

How dare you criticise the whales!

>and too difficult a target to kill with one shot

For inexperienced people such as yourself, but not for the
professionals. I wouldn't be able to do a cow in very well either, but
that doesn't mean the pros should be stopped as well.

>they suffer greatly before dying.

Like hell they do! They have the best life imaginable! Compare the life
of a whale to the life of a cow

> Now Japan and Norway are campaigning hard to overturn the 1986 whaling
moratorium at the 2002 ICW meeting. >If they succeed, it will be a
disaster for the whales, and for those who care about these wonderful
animals.

It won't be a disaster for the whales. They will be able to take maybe 4
times what they take now, and 4 times hardly anything is still hardly
anything. And as for them being wonderful animals, sure, but so are the
cows, you heartless speciesist

debiddo

Johnny Lee

Dec 7, 2001, 4:18:44 AM12/7/01
Allow me to play the devil's advocate.

"debiddo" <deb...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> No, it's not Tim this time (not Rich either!)
>
> http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/610602541
>
> > I love whales
>
> awwwwww, sweety, I'm sure you do, but other people love eating whales.
> You have to compromise with this people honey.

No. People who eat whales simply needs to reevaluate their standings with
nature. People don't eat monkeys, zebras, or other people on a regular
basis. It's not nice to eat whales because it's trendy or unique.

> >There is no excuse to kill whales.
>
> Yes there is, food. I suppose there is no excuse to kill cows or sheep
> either?

Right. We need to all be veggans. But whales, unlike cows or sheep, are
cute and can do tricks. It's in movies and various other feel-good films
from PBS. We need to preseve them. Star Trek told us so.

> >It is motivated purely by greed.
>
> No, it is motivated by tasty food. If whale meat was not tasty, who the
> hell would pay money to buy it? Someone can't think clearly...

Ummm... I've actually tasted whale. It's a lot like bacon, what with the
fat and all. It's really not all that tasty, but unique, yes. It's one
hell of a bragging right at the pub.

> >There is no humane way to kill a whale,
>
> Yes there is, and they employ such techinques.

Killing in itself is rather inhumane, by definition, isn't it?

> >they're too big
>
> How dare you criticise the whales!

Big in a beautiful way.

> >and too difficult a target to kill with one shot
>
> For inexperienced people such as yourself, but not for the
> professionals. I wouldn't be able to do a cow in very well either, but
> that doesn't mean the pros should be stopped as well.

Ummm... Last one I saw was done in with a chainsaw. The carving part, at
least.

> >they suffer greatly before dying.
>
> Like hell they do! They have the best life imaginable! Compare the life
> of a whale to the life of a cow

I've heard a plant can be detected to noticibly sigh when it's plucked under
special sound detection devices. Perhaps they suffer too.

debiddo

Dec 7, 2001, 4:33:45 AM12/7/01
Johnny Lee wrote:

> Allow me to play the devil's advocate.

Sure! This will make todays laughs even bigger

> "debiddo" <deb...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> > No, it's not Tim this time (not Rich either!)
> >
> > http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/610602541
> >
> > > I love whales
> >
> > awwwwww, sweety, I'm sure you do, but other people love eating whales.
> > You have to compromise with this people honey.
>
> No. People who eat whales simply needs to reevaluate their standings with
> nature. People don't eat monkeys, zebras, or other people on a regular
> basis. It's not nice to eat whales because it's trendy or unique.

Yeah you are right. I guess we should stop those dastardly homosexuals from
their depraved minority practices as well! I'm converted!!!

> > >There is no excuse to kill whales.
> >
> > Yes there is, food. I suppose there is no excuse to kill cows or sheep
> > either?
>
> Right. We need to all be veggans. But whales, unlike cows or sheep, are
> cute and can do tricks.

Hey man, sheep help me get to sleep at night

> It's in movies and various other feel-good films
> from PBS. We need to preseve them. Star Trek told us so.

That's right. And we shouldn't eat pigs because they can talk, just like in
"Babe"

> > >It is motivated purely by greed.
> >
> > No, it is motivated by tasty food. If whale meat was not tasty, who the
> > hell would pay money to buy it? Someone can't think clearly...
>
> Ummm... I've actually tasted whale. It's a lot like bacon, what with the
> fat and all. It's really not all that tasty, but unique, yes.

I guess it depends on your tastes. My girlfriend doesn't like it either.

> It's one hell of a bragging right at the pub.

Damn right, I have to make sure I get myself a feed next time I'm in Tokyo!

> > >There is no humane way to kill a whale,
> >
> > Yes there is, and they employ such techinques.
>
> Killing in itself is rather inhumane, by definition, isn't it?

This humane definition is very fuzzy IMO. The idea seems to be "be kind". But
where do you draw the line? I want to eat food, and so did my thousands of years
of ancestry. The line seems to me to be drawn where you try your very best to
cause the victim of your craving for food as quickly and painlessly as is
humanly possible.

> > >they're too big
> >
> > How dare you criticise the whales!
>
> Big in a beautiful way.

Aaaaaah, but then they would not be "too big"!

> > >and too difficult a target to kill with one shot
> >
> > For inexperienced people such as yourself, but not for the
> > professionals. I wouldn't be able to do a cow in very well either, but
> > that doesn't mean the pros should be stopped as well.
>
> Ummm... Last one I saw was done in with a chainsaw. The carving part, at
> least.

It was dead first though wasn't it?

> > >they suffer greatly before dying.
> >
> > Like hell they do! They have the best life imaginable! Compare the life
> > of a whale to the life of a cow
>
> I've heard a plant can be detected to noticibly sigh when it's plucked under
> special sound detection devices. Perhaps they suffer too.

Bastard vegetarians. Hypocrites, all of them! I'm with Anthony, wheres that
plastic?!?!!

debiddo

Douglasred

Dec 7, 2001, 11:51:33 PM12/7/01
...this tripe of yours is useless, debiddo. Putting your so predictable
feel so proud. You're not going to grow up to be a man at this rate.

terminalethargy(Douglasred)

C Lund

Dec 8, 2001, 2:29:21 AM12/8/01
In article <3C119C18...@telus.net>, Douglasred
<doug_fre...@telus.net> wrote:

> ...this tripe of yours is useless, debiddo. Putting your so predictable

Doesn't matter. Subscribers to this forum will see it. if you thnk the
people he's making fun of should be defended, then defend them yourself.
Poke holes in his ridicule.

> and feel so proud. You're not going to grow up to be a man at this rate.

What would you know about that?

--

C Lund, Oslo
http://www.notam02.no/~clund/

Douglasred

Dec 8, 2001, 3:08:02 AM12/8/01

C Lund wrote:

> In article <3C119C18...@telus.net>, Douglasred
> <doug_fre...@telus.net> wrote:
>
> > ...this tripe of yours is useless, debiddo. Putting your so predictable
>
> Doesn't matter. Subscribers to this forum will see it. if you thnk the
> people he's making fun of should be defended, then defend them yourself.
> Poke holes in his ridicule.

No thanks, I'll do my poking when and where I choose...it's just somewhat
tacky to me. Did I say now, that their comments should be defended? They are
what they are. It's just a cheap anonymous ridicule which is unwarranted.
Particularly from someone (debiddo) who keeps telling people how supremely
intelligent he is (and he got dem papers to proov it). It's tacky, cheap, and
low class...that's all. No big deal...interesting that you support it though.

> > and feel so proud. You're not going to grow up to be a man at this rate.
>
> What would you know about that?

Well I be a grown-up man...and you and debiddo not be...yet, if ever.

terminalethargy(Douglasred)

debiddo

Dec 8, 2001, 7:59:58 AM12/8/01
Douglasred wrote:

> C Lund wrote:
>
> > In article <3C119C18...@telus.net>, Douglasred
> > <doug_fre...@telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > > ...this tripe of yours is useless, debiddo. Putting your so predictable
> >
> > Doesn't matter. Subscribers to this forum will see it. if you thnk the
> > people he's making fun of should be defended, then defend them yourself.
> > Poke holes in his ridicule.
>
> No thanks, I'll do my poking when and where I choose...it's just somewhat
> tacky to me. Did I say now, that their comments should be defended?

Exactly my point. I don't think many people here would try to defend this sort of
nonsense. "I don't want to lose the whales - therefore I am anti Japan and
Norway's whaling". This is the sort of uninformed opinion which the anti whaling
camp is happy to claim as their own, as a part of their "world opinion". It's a
total joke that the anti whaling reps prance around spouting that crap when the
people who they claim to represent have no idea about anything to do with whales.

> They are
> what they are. It's just a cheap anonymous ridicule which is unwarranted.

I believe it is healthy for NG readers to see that the people who support the
anti whalers are by and large uninformed.

> Particularly from someone (debiddo) who keeps telling people how supremely
> intelligent he is

When have I ever told anyone how supremely intelligent I am? What I have done is
claimed that Dick is of a very closed, limited mind. I don't think I have ever
come across someone with such a dangerously closed mind.

> (and he got dem papers to proov it). It's tacky, cheap, and
> low class...that's all. No big deal...interesting that you support it though.

Interesting that you don't give these anti whaling supporters a good rark up.
They aren't helping your side whatsoever.

debiddo

debiddo

Dec 8, 2001, 7:52:36 AM12/8/01
Douglasred wrote:

> ...this tripe of yours is useless, debiddo. Putting your so predictable

I care not whether or not they see it - I am merely showing that the people
who are claimed to be part of "world opinion" by and large know nothing about
the issues involved.

> and feel so proud.

Why do you think I feel proud?

> You're not going to grow up to be a man at this rate.

I think you misunderstand my intentions, just as misunderstand the intentions
of various other peoples

debiddo

Douglasred

Dec 8, 2001, 2:30:39 PM12/8/01

debiddo wrote:

> Douglasred wrote:
>
> > C Lund wrote:

> > > Doesn't matter. Subscribers to this forum will see it. if you thnk the
> > > people he's making fun of should be defended, then defend them yourself.
> > > Poke holes in his ridicule.
> >
> > No thanks, I'll do my poking when and where I choose...it's just somewhat
> > tacky to me. Did I say now, that their comments should be defended?
>
> Exactly my point. I don't think many people here would try to defend this sort of
> nonsense. "I don't want to lose the whales - therefore I am anti Japan and
> Norway's whaling". This is the sort of uninformed opinion which the anti whaling
> camp is happy to claim as their own, as a part of their "world opinion". It's a
> total joke that the anti whaling reps prance around spouting that crap when the
> people who they claim to represent have no idea about anything to do with whales.
>
> > They are
> > what they are. It's just a cheap anonymous ridicule which is unwarranted.
>
> I believe it is healthy for NG readers to see that the people who support the
> anti whalers are by and large uninformed.

Ok. You believe it's healthy, I believe it's cheap and unwarrented. Couldn't I do the
same? "Whales is food...I be hungry...kill'em all...me wanna eat" and present that as
representative of the commercial whalers. It is equally ludicrous.

> > Particularly from someone (debiddo) who keeps telling people how supremely
> > intelligent he is
>
> When have I ever told anyone how supremely intelligent I am?

Ooooofffffff! Let me list the times...no, I won't bother. Well, alright...I will
bother. One example is your whole thread a while back about your *awards* or
whatever. C'mon...true intelligence doesn't need external reward. Or a better way to
say it might be "the more I learn the more I understand how little I know"...Yes,
it's a paraphrase of some smart guy's words.

> What I have done is
> claimed that Dick is of a very closed, limited mind. I don't think I have ever
> come across someone with such a dangerously closed mind.
>
> > (and he got dem papers to proov it). It's tacky, cheap, and
> > low class...that's all. No big deal...interesting that you support it though.
>
> Interesting that you don't give these anti whaling supporters a good rark up.
> They aren't helping your side whatsoever.

It's only worth a little chuckle to me. *They* don't affect my opinion or my *side* a
whit. And I'm not familiar with "rark up". Is it similar to send up or mock? If it's
*send up* that would be fine to do...we all need more humour. If it's *mock*, then
it's not fine to me...that's tacky/cruel...especially when no chance to respond is
given.

terminalethargy(Douglasred)

Douglasred

Dec 8, 2001, 2:34:51 PM12/8/01

debiddo wrote:

> Douglasred wrote:
>
> > ...this tripe of yours is useless, debiddo. Putting your so predictable
>
> I care not whether or not they see it - I am merely showing that the people
> who are claimed to be part of "world opinion" by and large know nothing about
> the issues involved.

Be that as it may, they are still a part of world opinion...if only by
definition.

> > and feel so proud.
>
> Why do you think I feel proud?

By your titling of the threads.

> > You're not going to grow up to be a man at this rate.
>
> I think you misunderstand my intentions, just as misunderstand the intentions
> of various other peoples

Sorry, if I misunderstood. Do you mean you're just having fun with this? Well,
that may be slightly different...but it's still cheap and tacky!

terminalethargy(Douglasred)

Rev Dirk Wobbly

Dec 8, 2001, 5:42:33 PM12/8/01

> When have I ever told anyone how supremely intelligent I am? What I have
done is
> claimed that Dick is of a very closed, limited mind. I don't think I have
ever
> come across someone with such a dangerously closed mind.

Look in the mirror and you will see one, yourself. Closed to animal rights,
closed to the limitations of science, closed to other ways of knowing and
thinking, closed to his own emotional impulses in this matter, closed to his
own bitterness toward those of differing viewpoints who won't back down at
his agressivness.

Rev Dirk
"A man is really ethical only when he obeys the constraint laid on him to
aid all life which he is able to help, and when he goes out of his way to
avoid injuring anything living. He does not ask how far this or that life
deserves sympathy as valuable in itself, nor how far it is capable of
feeling. To him life as such is sacred "
Albert Schweitzer

debiddo

Dec 8, 2001, 7:57:00 PM12/8/01
Douglasred wrote:

Sure, it would be. But can you find a similar petition of source which constantly
provides that sort of uninformed nonsense as the main argument for whaling? I bet you
can't find anything like the petition site.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/610602541
Here at this NG what you get is a load of us repetitively quoting the IWC's scientific
committee and current examples of whaling practices that show that the activity is
sustainable if done right. We all give due consideration to the issue of sustainability.

> > > Particularly from someone (debiddo) who keeps telling people how supremely
> > > intelligent he is
> >
> > When have I ever told anyone how supremely intelligent I am?
>
> Ooooofffffff! Let me list the times...no, I won't bother. Well, alright...I will
> bother. One example is your whole thread a while back about your *awards* or
> whatever.

I think that was after Dick crapped on about his grade point averages, right?
Or was it after someone suggested that I am a complete nincompoop, to which I queried how
I could have won four prizes at university if I was as stupid as I was made out to be.

> C'mon...true intelligence doesn't need external reward.

My point was that complete fools don't win prizes ahead of their classmates. It would
highly unusual for the worst student in a class to win a prize for excellent study ahead
of all their more intelligent classmates.

> > > (and he got dem papers to proov it). It's tacky, cheap, and
> > > low class...that's all. No big deal...interesting that you support it though.
> >
> > Interesting that you don't give these anti whaling supporters a good rark up.
> > They aren't helping your side whatsoever.
>
> It's only worth a little chuckle to me. *They* don't affect my opinion or my *side* a
> whit.

They do provide the bulk of the "world opinion" which is against whaling. Surveys have
illustrated this.

> And I'm not familiar with "rark up".

Give them the earbashing they deserve.

debiddo

debiddo

Dec 8, 2001, 8:00:57 PM12/8/01
Rev Dirk Wobbly wrote:

> "debiddo" <deb...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>
> > When have I ever told anyone how supremely intelligent I am? What I have
> done is
> > claimed that Dick is of a very closed, limited mind. I don't think I have
> ever
> > come across someone with such a dangerously closed mind.
>
> Look in the mirror and you will see one, yourself. Closed to animal rights,

I'm all for animal rights - every animal should be treated with equal respect.

> closed to the limitations of science,

I know all about the limitations of science. You appear to know nothing of it's
power.

> closed to other ways of knowing and thinking,

Says the man who can only think in terms of his own culture.

> closed to his own emotional impulses in this matter,

I know about my emotions in this matter, the fact is that they will not support
my arguments for whaling, so there is no point in using them

> closed to his
> own bitterness toward those of differing viewpoints

HAHAHA
Again, says the man who refuses to recognise that people of other cultures have
equally valid viewpoints.

Let me make this very clear to you, Dick:
Your view that no animals should be killed or eaten by humans is quite
respectable, and you are more than entitled to carry out your life with regard
to those beliefs.
However, your refusal to respect the view of others who believe otherwise is not
respectable at all.

> who won't back down at his agressivness.

Are you scared Dick? Go ahead, make my day...

debiddo

debiddo

Dec 8, 2001, 8:03:34 PM12/8/01
Douglasred wrote:

> debiddo wrote:
>
> > Douglasred wrote:
> >
> > > ...this tripe of yours is useless, debiddo. Putting your so predictable
> >
> > I care not whether or not they see it - I am merely showing that the people
> > who are claimed to be part of "world opinion" by and large know nothing about
> > the issues involved.
>
> Be that as it may, they are still a part of world opinion...if only by
> definition.

"World opinion" only includes those from certain cultural backgrounds, but that is
another story.

The only reason that the anti whaling bloc can claim to have this "world opinion"
on their side is because there are so many uninformed or misinformed people out
there, thanks to the work of greenpeace and co.

> > > and feel so proud.
> >
> > Why do you think I feel proud?
>
> By your titling of the threads.

What does having something to laugh at have to do with my being proud?

> > > You're not going to grow up to be a man at this rate.
> >
> > I think you misunderstand my intentions, just as misunderstand the intentions
> > of various other peoples
>
> Sorry, if I misunderstood. Do you mean you're just having fun with this? Well,
> that may be slightly different...but it's still cheap and tacky!

I am having fun, sure, but it is for a reason.

debiddo

Douglasred

Dec 8, 2001, 10:39:48 PM12/8/01

debiddo wrote:

Then take it there not here. We are not they.

terminalethargy(Douglasred)

Rev Dirk Wobbly

Dec 9, 2001, 1:48:29 AM12/9/01

> I think that was after Dick crapped on about his grade point averages,
right?

That was right after you accused me of being uneducated.

> Or was it after someone suggested that I am a complete nincompoop, to
which I queried how
> I could have won four prizes at university if I was as stupid as I was
made out to be.

Yes, and I wouldn't be Phi Kappi Phi if I was as unintelligent as you accuse
me of being. Nor would my GPA be as it is. So it works both ways.

Rev Dirk Wobbly

Dec 9, 2001, 2:02:04 AM12/9/01

> Rev Dirk Wobbly wrote:
>
> > "debiddo" <deb...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> >
> > > When have I ever told anyone how supremely intelligent I am? What I
have
> > done is
> > > claimed that Dick is of a very closed, limited mind. I don't think I
have
> > ever
> > > come across someone with such a dangerously closed mind.
> >
> > Look in the mirror and you will see one, yourself. Closed to animal
rights,

> I'm all for animal rights - every animal should be treated with equal
respect.

Your notion of equal respect generally means they should all be killed the
same. Not quite the notion of animal rights as commenly used.

> > closed to the limitations of science,
>
> I know all about the limitations of science. You appear to know nothing of
it's
> power.

Have only worked in it most of my adult life. You really know little about
the philosophy behind it, or at least you act that way.

> > closed to other ways of knowing and thinking,
>
> Says the man who can only think in terms of his own culture.

I was refering to mysticism and rationalism, the two other methods of
knowing recognised by sociologists. I was refering to other philosophies
than science. And don't forget that science is a product of Western
empiricism and as such carries it's own cultural baggage and biases.

> > closed to his own emotional impulses in this matter,
>
> I know about my emotions in this matter, the fact is that they will not
support
> my arguments for whaling, so there is no point in using them

Really? So perhaps there is a tender spot that doesn't like to see things
killed? Many Buddhists would suggest that you try cultivating that.

> > closed to his
> > own bitterness toward those of differing viewpoints
>
> HAHAHA
> Again, says the man who refuses to recognise that people of other cultures
have
> equally valid viewpoints.

I recognise the validity of their viewpoints. I also know that I can't
abide the killing of whales and I don't really care whose toes may be
stepped on to stop it. People can eat lots of other things, the life of the
whales matters more to me than people's eating habits. To quote the famous
American naturalist and rabble rouser (from "Desert Solitaire") "I'm a
humanist,; I'd rather kill a man than a snake".

> Let me make this very clear to you, Dick:
> Your view that no animals should be killed or eaten by humans is quite
> respectable, and you are more than entitled to carry out your life with
regard
> to those beliefs.

Well thank you, that's one of the few civil things you have ever said to me.
Other than the fact that I told you my name is not Dick. :)

> However, your refusal to respect the view of others who believe otherwise
is not
> respectable at all.

Oh well.... never said I was respectable. Read "The Monkeywrench Gang" by
Abbey sometime when you have time to read.

> > who won't back down at his agressivness.
>
> Are you scared Dick? Go ahead, make my day...

Scared of a pipsqueak like you? HawHawHaw. Wanna play make my day come
visit me and my friends Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson, got the .357 just like in
the movie....

Rev Dirk

Rev Dirk Wobbly

Dec 9, 2001, 2:18:22 AM12/9/01
"Rev Dirk Wobbly" <cardin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I recognise the validity of their viewpoints. I also know that I can't
> abide the killing of whales and I don't really care whose toes may be
> stepped on to stop it. People can eat lots of other things, the life of
the
> whales matters more to me than people's eating habits. To quote the famous
> American naturalist and rabble rouser (from "Desert Solitaire") "I'm a
> humanist,; I'd rather kill a man than a snake".

That should read American naturalist and rabble rouser Edward Abbey.

debiddo

Dec 9, 2001, 4:13:51 AM12/9/01
HAHAHA

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/610602541

Check out today's anonymous signatory from CA, US:

>debiddo suks!

LOL!
That's the best reason I have seen yet for someone to think whaling must be
stopped!
But geez, if you want that petition to have any effect on the people it might
eventually be delivered to, you might try to come up with something *a little*
better than that!

debiddo

C Lund

Dec 9, 2001, 5:16:32 AM12/9/01
In article <M%DQ7.346$yb4....@news-west.eli.net>, "Rev Dirk Wobbly"
<cardin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Says the man who can only think in terms of his own culture.
> I was refering to mysticism and rationalism, the two other methods of
> knowing recognised by sociologists.

Mysticism isn't knowledge. In fact, it's the opposite of knowledge: Ignorance.

As for rationalism, that sounds like a synonym for science to me.

> > Are you scared Dick? Go ahead, make my day...
> Scared of a pipsqueak like you? HawHawHaw. Wanna play make my day come
> visit me and my friends Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson, got the .357 just like in
> the movie....

And once again we witness the spectacle of an aging hippy who likes to
masturbate his guns... blech

> Rev Dirk

Douglasred

Dec 10, 2001, 12:24:44 AM12/10/01

C Lund wrote:

> In article <M%DQ7.346$yb4....@news-west.eli.net>, "Rev Dirk Wobbly"
> <cardin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Says the man who can only think in terms of his own culture.
> > I was refering to mysticism and rationalism, the two other methods of
> > knowing recognised by sociologists.
>
> Mysticism isn't knowledge. In fact, it's the opposite of knowledge: Ignorance.

Well then, clund, by your definition you are truly a mystic! ;) )

> As for rationalism, that sounds like a synonym for science to me.
>
> > > Are you scared Dick? Go ahead, make my day...
> > Scared of a pipsqueak like you? HawHawHaw. Wanna play make my day come
> > visit me and my friends Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson, got the .357 just like in
> > the movie....
>
> And once again we witness the spectacle of an aging hippy who likes to
> masturbate his guns... blech

Watch out clund...I hear that in Summer 2002, the 35th annual Summer of Love is
being held in Oslo. Every *hippy* in the world will be there..."mastubating their
guns" or maybe just handing out flowers to whalers!

terminalethargy(Douglasred)

Douglasred

Dec 10, 2001, 12:27:18 AM12/10/01

debiddo wrote:

Sounds like jlee to me! He's just being the devil's advocate, of course.

terminalethargy(Douglasred)

Rev Dirk Wobbly

Dec 10, 2001, 1:51:19 AM12/10/01
"Douglasred" <doug_fre...@telus.net> wrote in message

> Well then, clund, by your definition you are truly a mystic! ;) )

Clund is an atheist, so he doesn't like mysticism, despite it's recogniton
by sociologists as an important means by which humans have knowledge.
Rationalism means knowledge derived only from reason and not from
experience, such as a lot of philosophy. Science is empiricism
(experience)and constitutes the third way of gaining knowledge. Thus ends
today's lesson :)

C Lund

Dec 10, 2001, 5:30:34 AM12/10/01
In article <3C1446DA...@telus.net>, Douglasred
<doug_fre...@telus.net> wrote:

> > And once again we witness the spectacle of an aging hippy who likes to
> > masturbate his guns... blech
>
> Watch out clund...I hear that in Summer 2002, the 35th annual Summer of
Love is
> being held in Oslo. Every *hippy* in the world will be
there..."mastubating their
> guns" or maybe just handing out flowers to whalers!

Well, most hippies don't have gun fetishes (Rich is an exception there),
and there are no whalers in Oslo, so I'm not worried. B)

> terminalethargy(Douglasred)

C Lund

Dec 10, 2001, 5:33:12 AM12/10/01
In article <HXYQ7.408$yb4....@news-west.eli.net>, "Rev Dirk Wobbly"
<cardin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Clund is an atheist,

A correct statement from Rich. Rare thing, that.

> so he doesn't like mysticism, despite it's recogniton
> by sociologists as an important means by which humans have knowledge.

Uhuh.. and which "knowledge would that be? How to commune with whales by
meditation? Casting runes? Reading fortunes?

I'd rather listen to people who learn from what they can measure rather
than to a bunch of daydreamers.