the 11th night

Soozle

Jul 11, 2002, 12:15:49 PM7/11/02
I am keeping a low profile as this is the night that many here celebrate in
preparedness for the Orange Marches tomorrow. Celebration involves mega
bonfires, copious amounts of booze and other intoxicants, the singing of
songs and other ways of celebrating which range from high-spirits to GBH etc
not to mention the number of young girls that end up poleaxed and pregnant.
*sigh* The shops are shut too.

Just thought I would share this with you.

Soozle

Ben Newsam

Jul 11, 2002, 2:19:24 PM7/11/02
In message <VciX8.3593$PB4.1...@news8-gui.server.ntli.net>, Soozle
<m...@myprovider.com> writes

>I am keeping a low profile as this is the night that many here celebrate in
>preparedness for the Orange Marches tomorrow.

Let's hope it all passes off relatively peaceably this year.
--
Ben

Geoff Burns

Jul 11, 2002, 3:37:26 PM7/11/02

"Soozle" brought back memories of many shades...

What happened to those years when everyone seemed to go out and have a bit
of fun watching things burn . . . .

Or did I grow up in too sheltered a bit of the Province?

Even when we moved from Newcastle to Lisburn, it wasn't until about '80 that
things got sticky.

Or perhaps that was me standing up in RE class and asking "This
interdenominational camp you're having in the summer - is it
interdenominational protestant, or are catholics welcome?"

Guess who wasn't welcome . . .

___________
Pagan Geoff

Soozle

Jul 11, 2002, 5:23:34 PM7/11/02

"Geoff Burns" <G...@thisplace.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Soozle" brought back memories of many shades...
>

> What happened to those years when everyone seemed to go out and have a bit
> of fun watching things burn . . . .

Organised Crime that's what happened

> Or did I grow up in too sheltered a bit of the Province?

No, my home town was lovely in those days too - we always said one half of
the family was out marching on the 12th of July and the other half in the
chapel praying for rain :-) it isn't like that now.

T'aint nothing to do with religion or culture it happens everywhere in the
world where people who have nothing to offer except violence exploit the
fears of people who are too scared to even think they should know better.
Money-lenders, drug barons, blackmail rackets, security firms here are no
different to what happens in England Scotland and Wales 'cept they wrap it
up in religion and culture. Know what too, it brings in big bucks from
Europe - millions often handed out to the ahem community organisations that
perpetuate the crap -

Cynical Ginical Soozle

minoru-ka

Jul 11, 2002, 11:58:33 PM7/11/02

"Soozle" <m...@myprovider.com> wrote in message

Ken

Jul 12, 2002, 12:31:55 AM7/12/02
hOn Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:58:33 +0900, "minoru-ka"
<mino...@do8.enjoy.ne.jp> wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think we're being scanned.

Jammy... how do you say "BP, or no BP in japanese?

Ken

"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."
--Albert Schweitzer

Reverend Shadow

Jul 12, 2002, 11:59:50 AM7/12/02
It's a hyrax of destiny! It's a badger of doom! No, it's just
insch...@hotmail.com (Ken), strung out on Red Bull and yammering
about:

>hOn Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:58:33 +0900, "minoru-ka"
><mino...@do8.enjoy.ne.jp> wrote:
>
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>I think we're being scanned.
>
>Jammy... how do you say "BP, or no BP in japanese?

Dimmer might also know, in case Jammy's otherwise disposed.
--
Reverend Shadow--wondering if that will flush him out or not....

Geoff Burns

Jul 12, 2002, 3:15:05 PM7/12/02
Hey Sooz -

How have things been today?
I haven't seen much on the news, so hopefully most went off quietly!

Hope it was peaceful round your way.

_______
Geoff B

Soozle

Jul 12, 2002, 5:10:47 PM7/12/02

> Hey Sooz -
>
> How have things been today?
> I haven't seen much on the news, so hopefully most went off quietly!
>
> Hope it was peaceful round your way.

Well it pi55ed with rain all afternoon like really heavy rain. But as a type
the young and not so young in North Belfast are expressing their cultural
identity in the only way they know how i.e. trying to kill as many police
and army as possible and at the same time do as much damage to their own
neighbourhoods as possible. *sigh*

I come from and live in Holywood which as you will know is one of the nicer
places to live - one of the few places here where most people live and let
live and friendships are formed irrespective of religion.

I am having a couple of G&T's purely for medicinal porpoises :-)

Geoff Burns

Jul 12, 2002, 5:40:46 PM7/12/02

"Soozle" dealt with things in the only sensible manner...

> I am having a couple of G&T's purely for medicinal porpoises :-)

Very wise move! I treated myself to a bottle of The Macallan on the way
home from work. Going down a bit too quickly, given the price . . .

I've had a couple of good days out in Hollywood, but I have to admit, it's
hardly a seething hub of cultual activity. Never mind, you could have been
stuck in somewhere really thrilling like Dromore! Or Sandholes . . . .

Where was that? I must have blinked.

I'll warn you next time I'm home, and maybe if the Ulsterbus links from
Crumbling are better than they used to be, you can reintroduce me to the
stunning scenery round there.

_______
Geoff B

Passion (noun) : Heavy rain in Ballymena.

Soozle

Jul 12, 2002, 6:07:50 PM7/12/02

"Geoff Burns" <G...@thisplace.co.uk> wrote in message

Holywood is handy for most places give's a shout when you come over again
and I'll buy you a pint and a half un :-)

> _______

Ben Newsam

Jul 12, 2002, 6:05:23 PM7/12/02
In message <nDHX8.4800$qm4.1...@news8-gui.server.ntli.net>, Soozle
<m...@myprovider.com> writes

>Well it pi55ed with rain all afternoon like really heavy rain. But as a type
>the young and not so young in North Belfast are expressing their cultural
>identity in the only way they know how i.e. trying to kill as many police
>and army as possible and at the same time do as much damage to their own
>neighbourhoods as possible. *sigh*

Sigh indeed.

>I come from and live in Holywood which as you will know is one of the nicer
>places to live - one of the few places here where most people live and let
>live and friendships are formed irrespective of religion.

Unless you are a smoker of course, from what I hear.
--
Ben

Ben Newsam

Jul 12, 2002, 6:07:01 PM7/12/02
In message <y1IX8.1587$RD2.13...@news-text.cableinet.net>, Geoff
Burns <G...@thisplace.co.uk> writes

>I'll warn you next time I'm home, and maybe if the Ulsterbus links from
>Crumbling are better than they used to be, you can reintroduce me to the
>stunning scenery round there.

There really is a place called Crumbling? lol
--
Ben

Geoff Burns

Jul 12, 2002, 6:17:46 PM7/12/02

"Soozle" wan't acting the glype...

> Holywood is handy for most places give's a shout when you come over again
> and I'll buy you a pint and a half un :-)

I'll take you up on that (but it'll be into next year, 'cos I've used up
this year's holidays!).

I'll wish you a peaceful night and weekend - time for bed (and please, don't
call me Zebedee).

Geoff.

theBlob

Jul 12, 2002, 8:51:42 PM7/12/02

IRTA zeldabee
yields several strange interpretations

roundaboutBlob

Ben Newsam

Jul 12, 2002, 8:57:08 PM7/12/02
In message <yQKX8.434494$o66.1...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
theBlob <m...@here.com> writes

>In article <eAIX8.1657$jL2.13...@news-text.cableinet.net>, "Geoff
>Burns" <G...@thisplace.co.uk> wrote:
>>I'll wish you a peaceful night and weekend - time for bed (and please, don't
>>call me Zebedee).
>
>IRTA zeldabee

And where is she, anyway?
--
Ben

Baz

Jul 12, 2002, 9:46:38 PM7/12/02

Back in the saddle again?

--
Baz

Geoff Burns

Jul 13, 2002, 1:41:56 AM7/13/02

"Ben Newsam" chuckled gently into his mug of tea...

> There really is a place called Crumbling? lol
> --

Well, it's Crumlin, really. But Crumbling would suit it very well.
There are some good placenames back home, very amusing - even the ones that
don't need tweaked.

_______
Geoff B

Ben Newsam

Jul 13, 2002, 5:20:22 AM7/13/02
In message <mk1viu0et0etb4rd8...@4ax.com>, Baz
<bazj...@yahoo.co.uk> writes

>On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 01:57:08 +0100, Ben Newsam
><b...@microser.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>In message <yQKX8.434494$o66.1...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
>>theBlob <m...@here.com> writes
>>>IRTA zeldabee
>>
>>And where is she, anyway?
>
>Back in the saddle again?

LOL! Could be, it's surprising how much time these things take up,
innit?
--
Ben

zeldabee

Jul 15, 2002, 3:09:19 PM7/15/02
Ben Newsam <b...@microser.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <mk1viu0et0etb4rd8...@4ax.com>, Baz
> <bazj...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
> >On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 01:57:08 +0100, Ben Newsam
> ><b...@microser.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >>In message <yQKX8.434494$o66.1...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> >>theBlob <m...@here.com> writes
> >>
> >>And where is she, anyway?
> >
> >Back in the saddle again?
>
> LOL! Could be, it's surprising how much time these things take up,
> innit?

Yes, indeed. Ouchy. Though I've developed strategies for dealing with this.
Never mind. TMI again. As you were.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/