OS X Question

valia...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2006, 3:45:00 AM3/17/06
to alphagrip
Hello,
Before I buy this - I was just wondering what button OS X users will be
using as the apple key? If you go to
http://www.spymac.com/upload/news/2005/09/27/m3261_Apple%20keyboard.jpg
you can see what the setup of the keyboard is. This key is essential
because in OS X, copy is apple-c, paste is apple-v, quit application is
apple-q, hide is apple-h, etc.

Thanks!

valia...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2006, 3:54:37 AM3/17/06
to alphagrip
Woops sorry - should have looked at the manual before posting.

In OS X, the Windows key -> Apple (command) key
Alt key -> option (alt) key

I just might have to buy one, even if it is just to satisfy curiosity.
I type around 120 WPM on a standard qwerty keyboard and am a developer
so I don't know how much I can do with this thing but it would be fun
to play with. Maybe I'll use it when I hook my laptop up to my HDTV so
I don't have to hold the laptop or an external keyboard.

David Smith

Mar 17, 2006, 10:37:26 AM3/17/06
to alph...@googlegroups.com
I use my AG-5 on a Mac as well, and it works great. One thing I highly
recommend is downloading a System Preference called MouseZoom
(http://homepage.mac.com/bhines/mousezoom.html). It allows you to punch
up your mouse speed far beyond that of the normal Mouse Preference.

DAve

Edmund Ng

Mar 17, 2006, 12:41:40 PM3/17/06
to alph...@googlegroups.com
On a related note, while I wait for my AG-5 to arrive, has anyone
found a way to do keyboard remapping in OSX, similar to autohotkey for
Windows?

-- Edmund.

--
Edmund C. Ng
nom...@gmail.com

"Old joke about the optimist and the pessimist:
The pessimist says, 'Everything is terrible. It can't get any worse.'
The optimist says, 'Oh, yes it can.'"

valia...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2006, 12:58:35 AM3/18/06
to alphagrip
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=ukelele

Use that program and save your keylayout into ~/Library/Keyboard
Layouts (or /Library/Keyboard Layouts which will make it available to
all users). Then, go into System Preferences->International->Input Menu
and add check your layout. I have several checked (such as Bulgarian
and English) and the international menu enabled so I can just click a
little icon next to the volume at the top to change languages. Not sure
how to change the default but I bet the Ukelete user manual says.