Someone got an incredible deal on an Allmand 31

Benjamin Bradley

May 16, 2016, 10:12:03 PM5/16/16
to Allmand
http://www.crabsailing.org/content/1983-allmand

The guy who bought this boat swooped in by accident (because he was admiring the boat when the seller was walking his dog on the weekend) and got an incredible deal of $4500 for an Allmand 31.  I tried hard to pick this one up but someone beat me to the deal.  Has anyone seen an Allmand go for this low before ($4500)?

~~~/)* Dave

May 16, 2016, 10:42:39 PM5/16/16
to all...@googlegroups.com
If it floats it's worth more than that.

~~~/)* Dave
huds...@verizon.net

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

james holmes

May 16, 2016, 11:00:08 PM5/16/16
to Allmand group
not for a well maintained boat in good condition. My broker said I should ask $29,900 for mine. Check out what it has and how it has been maintained and upgraded. I had a professional survey done and it is available for the asking.  You can get a steal, only if you compare what you get to what it cost. (I am a professional economist and accredited investor.) Just paying a low price does not mean you are getting a good deal  - if can be an early sign of stupid. Best, Jim

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 9:34 PM, Benjamin Bradley <benjamin...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://www.crabsailing.org/content/1983-allmand

The guy who bought this boat swooped in by accident (because he was admiring the boat when the seller was walking his dog on the weekend) and got an incredible deal of $4500 for an Allmand 31.  I tried hard to pick this one up but someone beat me to the deal.  Has anyone seen an Allmand go for this low before ($4500)?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

James M. Holmes
Professor, Economics
University at Buffalo
431 Fronczak Hall, North Campus
Buffalo, New York  14260

Email: ecoh...@buffalo.edu
Voice: (716) 688-2461

d.a.v.e

May 17, 2016, 4:09:55 PM5/17/16
to Allmand
You can have mine for twice that.  Still a deal.

Ehornick Hornick

May 17, 2016, 4:14:25 PM5/17/16
to Unknown

It looks like the boat was donated to CRAB probably with some sort of tax write off and then CRAB sold it cheap for a quick cash infusion. Hopefully it doesn't affect the Allmand market in any way.
Eddie