Alky 1.0 on schedule for late July

BrianT

Jun 26, 2007, 1:32:02 AM6/26/07
to Alky Project Announcements
Hello gamers,

Instead of simply ignoring the release of patches for both Shadowrun
and Halo 2 for XP by groups other than Falling Leaf Systems, I thought
I'd take a moment to address it.

Let me start by saying that when we announced our intended support for
these titles on Windows XP, we stated that our release date would most
likely be in late July; we are still on course for that date. While
a notorious software piracy group has beaten us to the punch in
regards to Shadowrun, and a talented young man has beaten us to the
punch with Halo 2, it hasn't deterred us from our original plans. It
has, however, influenced our decision to offer the 1.0 release of the
Alky Compatibility Libraries free of charge when they are completed.

We sincerely appreciate the support of those who pre-ordered copies of
these games through Amazon by following the links on our site. As a
small token of our appreciation, we will be offering these individuals
and anyone else who decides to purchase the games through our site, a
free Sapling Program membership. Simply forward your Amazon email
receipt directly to me at br...@fallingleafsystems.com. Sapling
Program members will receive all of our future product offerings free
of charge along with prioritized support.

Obviously we would have preferred being the first out the door with
support of any kind for these games, but regardless, we still hope to
provide the most robust and easiest to use solution available.

Until next time,

Brian Thomason
CEO
Falling Leaf Systems, LLC