Hydrogen as Fuel

iitaspirant2009

Aug 7, 2006, 9:32:57 PM8/7/06
to science and sports
Do you know that if Hydrogen is used as a fuel, lots of energy can be
produced. but its drawback is that Hydrogen's rate of combustion is
uncontrollable, so it cant be used. wat r its other drawbacks.

this may help you
characteristics of a good fuel
* easy availability
* low cost
* no problems in storing n transport.
* a high calorific value
* an ignition temperature that is well above room temperature
* a controllable rate of combustion for different purposes
* low rate of evaporation at room temperature]
* low content of non-combustibles ie residue
* no combustion products that are poisonous

wat do u think are other draw backs.

coooollllllll guyyyyy !!!!!!

Aug 8, 2006, 9:22:01 AM8/8/06
to science and sports
i came across in a book that NASA uses h as a fuel in its propellers.

coolguy

Sid

Aug 8, 2006, 11:49:52 AM8/8/06
to albertron...@googlegroups.com
but ur drawbacks have been overcomed with the technology n now we have successful commercial use of Hydrogen as in fuel cells.

44.vk...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2006, 1:46:48 PM8/8/06
to science and sports
I agree with u. Mr. iitaspirant says that hydrogen's combustion rate is
uncontrollable. this is false where modern tech. has easily been able
to control it.

iitaspirant2009

Aug 8, 2006, 9:32:00 PM8/8/06
to science and sports
nasa uses it,but mostly solar energy is utilised by satelites. they
have solar arrays trap solar energy.

hydrogen it not wholly a failure, even i came to know that spacecrafts
uses hydrogen, but it can tbe used by a common man.

Dementor

Aug 9, 2006, 11:35:12 AM8/9/06
to science and sports
brugu stop copying n making ids on my trademark"coolguy"

iitaspirant2009

Aug 25, 2006, 7:04:55 AM8/25/06
to Science and Sports
you dont have any copyright of that. our group members feel that, he is
popular on the usenet. so in the future it will be felt by many that u
stole his trademark 'coolguy'

even if 300 girls know that your id cool_guy2614 in yahoo. too many
across the world know that brugu's nickname is coolguy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iitaspirant2009

Aug 25, 2006, 7:09:51 AM8/25/06
to Science and Sports
i didnt read sid's article properly before. so i didnt reply before.

i dont agree with him that hydrogen's disadvantage is solved. it is
used in fule cells but its rate of reaction is too much. it just
explodes.

I also suggest that Dementor to send articles on science and sports,
science if he doesnt like sports. i am sorry that i went away from the
topic but i wanted to defend by friend Brugu, i am sure that he did'nt
know ybav's id nor his trademark(according to him)

this is not any online copyright service.