Zapier integration testing

Bethany M. Soule

Jan 21, 2014, 2:29:03 PM1/21/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com, lee.gr...@gmail.com
Hi Y'all, Lee has been working on a Beeminder+Zapier integration. He's
got a Zapier action that updates a beeminder goal. Do any of you use
Zapier [1] and want to test it out for us?

Bethany

[1] or are you interested in starting? Zapier's a bit like IFTTT. it
lets you easily set up triggers and actions based on events or state
in web apps you use.

--
http://bethaknee.com
http://beeminder.com -- Reminders with a sting

Skrn

Jan 28, 2014, 3:10:02 PM1/28/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com, lee.gr...@gmail.com, bso...@beeminder.com
Yes and Yes.

Alessandro Cuttin

Feb 2, 2014, 7:21:23 AM2/2/14
to akratics, lee.gr...@gmail.com, bethany soule
Hi! I'm using zapier, too (2 zaps so far). I'm available.

-Alessndro

Daniel Reeves

Feb 5, 2014, 3:56:10 AM2/5/14
to akratics, Lee Greenwood
Thanks so much to those of you game for trying out the Beeminer+Zapier
integration! (And thanks especially to Lee Greenwood [1] for building
it for us!)

Here's the URL to try it:
https://zapier.com/developer/invite/5832/59a2f3382ad80133a5150db42c3c38ec/

This is pretty huge. Zapier integrates with 339 services and counting
[2] so now you can hook up any of those to very easily trigger
automatic updates to your Beeminder graphs.

Definitely reply-all in this thread to tell us what you're setting up,
and if you have questions or feedback or bug reports.

[1] http://www.possibilityhacker.com/

[2] https://zapier.com/zapbook/
> --

http://dreev.es -- search://"Daniel Reeves"
Goal tracking + Commitment contracts == http://beeminder.com

Lee Greenwood

Feb 5, 2014, 4:22:41 AM2/5/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com, Lee Greenwood, dre...@beeminder.com
Hi guys,

Thanks Daniel for the shout-out, I hope you guys can sign-up ok for this, and can get your Zapier on! It's a very powerful tool, and should open up new vistas of possible beeminding...

Please let me know on this thread if you have any issues - This is beta software at the moment, so might still have a few bugs.

Daniel Reeves

Mar 10, 2014, 5:26:46 PM3/10/14
to akratics, Lee Greenwood
Hey Lee, just got a bug report from someone trying to set up a zapier
email address so they could use our new Supporters feature (email
someone when you derail) to have it automatically post to facebook.

Error from Zapier:
We hit an error adding your new account
HTTPConnectionPool(host='beeminder.scramblejam.com', port=80): Max
retries exceeded with url: /beeminder/gettokenbeta?[snipped] (Caused
by <class 'socket.error'>: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer)

Is that a temporary problem with scramblejam.com?

Daniel Reeves

Apr 29, 2014, 3:19:46 PM4/29/14
to akratics, Lee Greenwood
Hi Lee and everyone! The Beeminder/Zapier integration works like a
charm. I've only set up examples -- like beeminder.com/d/hipchat -- as
opposed to serious things I'm personally beeminding via Zapier. Anyone
else have better use cases?

And Lee, want to help us get this out of beta so we can announce it?
Or hand it over to us so we can do that?

Again, the link to the beta is
https://zapier.com/developer/invite/5832/59a2f3382ad80133a5150db42c3c38ec/

Thanks again to Lee for making this!
Danny

Daniel Reeves

Apr 30, 2014, 5:53:57 PM4/30/14
to akratics, Lee Greenwood, Roman Duda
[meta-tip: reply to the real thread, not the digest. why does google
groups let you do that?]

Roman Duda just made a great point about Todoist -- it would be pretty
awesome if you could use "beemergency day" as an event in Zapier and
trigger other actions like creating to-do list tasks.

Right now it only works the other way around: Beeminder is the action.
Ie, adding datapoints to Beeminder. So you can automatically beemind
many things with Zapier but no way to have Beeminder be the trigger
(except in roundabout ways like catching emails from the Beeminder
bot).

Anyone else got Beeminder+Zapier use cases yet? We're keen to get this
out of beta!

> I'd love to be able to integrate todoist (my task manager of choice) and beeminder.
>
> What I'd most like is a zap that creates a task in todoist for each emergency day goal each day.

Roman Duda

May 2, 2014, 9:57:32 AM5/2/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com, Lee Greenwood, Roman Duda, dre...@beeminder.com
Thanks for the meta-tip! :)

I'd be keen for it to work the other way as well, where I can check off a task in todoist that's linked to a beeminder goal, and it'll add data to the goal.

Daniel Reeves

May 2, 2014, 2:19:07 PM5/2/14
to akratics, Lee Greenwood, Roman Duda
Yup, that's what you can already do with the Beeminder+Zapier
integration Lee wrote.
https://zapier.com/developer/invite/5832/59a2f3382ad80133a5150db42c3c38ec/
More of you should try it! It's powerful stuff.

Roman Duda

May 2, 2014, 4:27:41 PM5/2/14
to Daniel Reeves, akratics, Lee Greenwood
Ah okay - that's cool! I'll check it out!

Roman Duda

May 5, 2014, 6:33:23 PM5/5/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Reeves, Lee Greenwood
Just used the zapier integration to add a data point from ticking off a recurring task in todoist, and it worked! Awesome!