Here's my line of thinking on implementing PubSub from both Scala/Akka and
Java based clients and I'm looking for some pure, unadulterated honest
* We have multiple independent Akka (1.x) based REST service apps.
* We have multiple web based MVC framework (Java) based apps with REST
When an Akka based service app receives a change request, both MVC
framework apps and Akka based REST service apps might need to know. To
me, this is PubSub.
Ways to solve (in no particular order):
1) zeromq clients in both MVC and Akka services
2) POST/PUT updates via http to various REST endpoints. Fire-and-forget.
3) Zookeeper clients
4) akka event bus? - add akka jar(s) to MVC framework apps.
To start, our requirements are fairly simple, so I'm wary of heavyweight
solutions. I'm strongly leaning towards 2. The URLs used in 2 will point
to load balancer as we have multiple instances of everything running. So,
with hardware based load balancer, we get the routing/clustering.
Thanks in advance,