Future Java support for Akka?

mdjanderson

Nov 30, 2011, 9:57:22 AM11/30/11
to Akka User List
Hi guys,

I gave a presentation at the London Java Community into replacing
threads with actors for web applications and used Akka for the actor
platform. At the end of the talk one of the questions was "Will Akka
continue to support Java?".

Can someone please comment on this.

Many thanks,

Martin Anderson

Jonas Bonér

Nov 30, 2011, 10:18:11 AM11/30/11
to akka...@googlegroups.com
We will definitely continue to support Java. It is as important as supporting Scala.
So, we need feedback on how to support it best, what works and what does not work.
Thanks.

Jonas Bonér
CTO
Typesafe - Enterprise-Grade Scala from the Experts
Phone: +46 733 777 123
Twitter: @jboner

√iktor Ҡlang

Nov 30, 2011, 10:24:40 AM11/30/11
to akka...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:57 PM, mdjanderson <martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I gave a presentation at the London Java Community into replacing
threads with actors for web applications and used Akka for the actor
platform. At the end of the talk one of the questions was "Will Akka
continue to support Java?".

Abso-friggin-lutely, wouldn't want it any other way.

Can someone please comment on this.

Many thanks,

Martin Anderson

Viktor Klang

Akka Tech Lead
Typesafe - Enterprise-Grade Scala from the Experts

Twitter: @viktorklang

mdjanderson

Nov 30, 2011, 6:06:25 PM11/30/11
to Akka User List
Thanks guys,

From everything I had read in the user groups and the twittersphere
this was the case but I wanted to check!

We will be sure to feedback on any usage.

Thanks,

Martin Anderson

√iktor Ҡlang

Nov 30, 2011, 6:16:03 PM11/30/11
to akka...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:06 AM, mdjanderson <martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks guys,

From everything I had read in the user groups and the twittersphere
this was the case but I wanted to check!

You're most welcome

We will be sure to feedback on any usage.

Would love to hear about your experiences with Akka.

Cheers,

Thanks,

Martin Anderson