Regarding Madrid air quality session

Cesar Garcia

May 24, 2012, 10:18:37 AM5/24/12
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,
On 22nd May, we hosted a talk about air quality in Madrid. There was lots of interesting info on air quality. Presentations will be made available soon as well as a video (in Spanish both).
Regarding AQE, we have some news and suggestions:

-Data from eggs could be used as input for other processes as long as accuracy, reliability and resolution were known. Roberto suggested getting data from near official stations for a long time to verify sensor responses.
-SensorML is a used standard that could be used to describe our sensors quite well. See our conversation with Daniel about it.
-CO dispersion is quite local so it varies lots. Jorge, suggested to use O3, NO2 and NOx to auto calibrate sensors, comparing each gas against the others in a regular day schedule to detect broken sensors.
-One of the eggs is being calibrated so we could explore sensor responses further. Big thanks to Jorge Paz about this.

I hope I'm not missing any important point, and expect Jorge, Felix and Sara to expand this information further.

Best,
Cesar