Thanks to Ross for directing me here!

David Simmons

Mar 13, 2007, 5:17:50 AM3/13/07
to AHS class of 1987 reunion for 2007
Hey all,

Just happened to bump into Ross Culverwell at the Albany Safeway last
week and he was kind enough to direct me to this little corner of the
web.

Thank goodness August is a few months away so I'll have some time to
absorb the fact that TWENTY YEARS have gone by! Seriously, it would
be great to see some of you, and if you want to see how I've been
wasting my time since AHS, just check out my uber-geeky Lego website:

www.xenobuzz.com

Nothin' fancy, mind you, but it's all mine. There aren't many
personal pictures here as I'm somewhat leery of providing such
things. I'm not a paranoid lunatic (at least, not yet!) but private
things can only be so if they remain so.

Let's see, how to catch up and make it brief? I'll just resort to
bullets:

- Army: 1987-1991 Regular Service, then reactivation for 3 months
when it was Daddy Bush's sandbox to play in. Didn't get sick or shot,
but got some very nice slide photographs which I'll get scanned into
jpeg's one of these decades! Also got some really cool propaganda
leaflets from the border!

- While earning my credits to transfer to SF State I met my wife,
Nancy DiGiovanni, in a Statistics classs. Now, what are the odds of
that?! (gratutiously painful elbow to the ribs!) We were married at
SF City Hall on May 3rd, 2003 and will celebrating our 5th anniversary
this year.

- Got BA in Cinema from SF State in 2000. Took awhile to figure out
that didn't really mean much if you wanna work in special effects, so
I went to work full time at Five Star Video. I'm the Store Manager
now, and (much to my surprise) actually enjoying it most of the time!
Turns out that special effects are mostly CGI these days, and that's
not what appealed to me in the beginning.

- Now persuing a potential career in voice acting. The Voice Factory
in San Francisco was where I got my first taste of life behind the
mic, and man, I LOVE IT. My wife turned me on to Frank Sinatra and
all the great singers from the Tin Pan Alley and Swing eras, and I
love croonin' their tunes to unexpected pedestrians. Every now and
then I'll throw in a Metallica or Who song just to mix it up!

Looking through my files and bookshelves I realized that I have
yearbooks for '84, '85, and '87 (dunno why I missed '86!). Here's the
kicker though, I still have my '83 Middle School yearbook! Wanna see
that?!

BTW, I also have a very nice copy of the program from our graduation.
Shall I bring that as well?

Hopefully see all of you in August!

David Simmons
xeno...@earthlink.net**

**My ISP will bounce a confirmation reply to this address in order to
curb the spam we all dislike. Just reply to the confirmation and I'll
add you!

Joe G

Mar 16, 2007, 6:44:57 PM3/16/07
to AHS class of 1987 reunion for 2007
Your lego site is f*cking awesome!

Seriously cool stuff.

> xenob...@earthlink.net**

David Simmons

Mar 17, 2007, 7:58:13 PM3/17/07
to AHS class of 1987 reunion for 2007
Thanks, Joe! I appreciate that very much! It's always been a great
hobby for me, and probably always will be.

Dave S.