Hey hey Ladies & Gents, as noted at the most recent board meeting, AHA
has been slowly going through our savings, and we are at a point where
next month (November), it's going to be quite difficult to pay for
rent. We need to bring in an additional ~$1,500 on top of the
estimated income in order to meet our needs.
Michael Shvartsman drafted an initial email, I've made a few
modifications to it, and is wondering if someone from the board could
send this email out to the general AHA list:
Hello Everyone -
Help AHA make rent next month! On top of our estimated income,
we need to bring in an additional ~$1,500 in the next four weeks. In
classic NPR style, we are coming for you for help. Here are some
things you can do:
1. Have a few extra dollars? Donate! Please click the "Donate"
button on the front of our web site at: http://www.allhandsactive.com/
2. Become a member: If you can afford membership, we'd love to
have you join us!
3. Student/Starving Hacker Member? If your financial situation
supports it, we would love to have you move up to the regular member
4. If you have friends or compatriots who would enjoy hanging
out with us and making awesome stuff, bring them down!
5. Have your company Sponsor or Donate to AHA! We can offer
exciting perks like employee memberships, advertising, private
classes, or hackathons.
6. Donate your time, help make AHA beautiful! Talk to us for
7. If you have skills and can make things that AHA can sell,
talk to us, especially if those are things you can make at AHA! There
may be a bake-and-awesome-stuff fundraising sale in the near to medium
We have done a ton of awesome things this year alone, and want
to make the rest of this year even more amazing! Check out just a few
of our accomplishments at:
If you have any other ideas, please talk to us. Yours,
Dana, Michael, Nate D., Nate Y., and Jamison, aka: The Board.