Here are the board minutes:
http://wiki.allhandsactive.com/12_SEP_2012_Board_Meeting_Agenda . I
encourage you to add any of your own notes.
Main action items (BOARD HOMEWORK!) are these:
1. Please read over the 501c3 app as we have it. You can find this
here: http://wiki.allhandsactive.com/501c3_Submission . You will want
to reference the IRS Form 1023 for context:
http://www.irs.gov/file_source/pub/irs-pdf/f1023.pdf . Link to the
Noisebridge and Harford apps are on our 501c3 wiki page near the top.
Specific items I brought up in an earlier email related to the IRS
finding missing info in Noisebridge's app may be found here:
http://web.hexapodia.org/~adi/noisebridge/irs-letter-2009-05.pdf , and
their response is here:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/IRS_Response_2009_06 . This is
specific to part IV of the application, which is the narrative and
probably the most informative section of the app for the IRS to
determine if we meet the criteria for nonprofitship.
We will be starting an email thread next week on Wednesday to discuss
our findings. Please be prepared and have something to contribute!
2. Review the financial data Khevna provided to the board email list on
the 10th, we have so you have a better sense of what constraints we have
to work within, and how to get past these. You might find financial
numbers are boring, but their meaning is quite useful here. :)
3. Let's meet up (or just email here) some ideas for a hackathon of
sorts. We should talk to SPARK because they are possibly looking for
someone to organize such an event, willing to fund it, etc..
4. On a similar subject, we MUST do more outreach to local businesses
(can even start right on Liberty!). It would be nice to gain more
visibility/branding in the area, as well as secure funding from those
who are sympathetic and believe in our mission. There is no time
specified to do this -- let's make one so we don't lose sight of this
(very important) goal. I will create schedule something in the next
couple of weeks unless there are objections.
5. We will be inviting Mrs. Hunter to spend an afternoon with us to
discuss tax stuff. Can we come to an agreement on a Saturday to make
Other things for specific people, who mentioned they wanted to help out
with the miscellaneous bits:
- Josh will talk to Khevna about making financial infographic stuff.
- Josh will let Nate Y. know new hours when they start in ~2 weeks.
- Nate Y. will interface with TOOOL tonight.
- Nate Y. and Josh will discuss member retention, keeping members in
good standing, personalized emails, etc.. Did anyone else want in on this?
- Nate Y. volunteers to help Corey out with locker cleanup steps.
- Ech0 will interface with the Elks to see when it would be feasible to
do another Space Race fundraiser.
- Dana is coordinating a Kickstarter project, getting interviews for a
- Nate Y. will be sending out info for upcoming board elections before 9/26.
- Anyone who wants to do it: figure out how to get election notices out
to the physical space since apparently people are still not on the
- Dana offered to set up a webpage to track nominees and their
pictures/goals for the upcoming board term.
- Dana mentioned a tea party before it gets cold. Anyone want to help
- Nate Y. would still like to have an open house/fundraiser of sorts. I
will need some help in coordinating this, but it would be great to do it
sooner rather than later.
- Read the wiki to find anything else I missed...
-- Nate Y.