Exception RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded' in bound method AtomicFile

Sergey

Feb 16, 2010, 1:58:30 AM2/16/10
to Agilo for Scrum
Hello guys,

I got following error using binary_agilo-1.2.1_PRO-py2.6 and trac
0.11.6 :

Exception RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded' in <bound
method AtomicFile.rollback of <trac.util.AtomicFile object at >
ignored

Any hints ?

BR,
Sergey

Laur Mõtus

Feb 17, 2010, 6:33:51 AM2/17/10
to Agilo for Scrum
We are having the same problem on our TRAC server today, heavy log
files, no idea of the cause yet :(

Sergey

Feb 18, 2010, 2:49:16 AM2/18/10
to Agilo for Scrum
Two ways I was able to get the error :

1

a. install binary_agilo-1.2.1_PRO-py2.6
b. use old trac environment that was upgraded with agilo 1.1 and used
before
c. after accessing through web the error comes

2

a. get binary_agilo-1.2.1_PRO-py2.6 working
b. start changing hours on old type of sprint backlog
c .error comes

Martin Häcker

Feb 19, 2010, 4:29:01 AM2/19/10
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey and Laur,

Could you both please provide a detailed system information on how you
are running agilo?

One way to do this is to log in to agilo as an admin and visit "About
Trac" in the upper right corner. Then copy the system information table.

Also, is someone else seing these problems too?

I have the same setup with the same upgrade path, and I am not yet able
to reproduce the problem - so there must be another piece to the puzzle.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Sergey

Feb 19, 2010, 4:40:07 AM2/19/10
to Agilo for Scrum
Hi Martin,

thanks for answer .

Here you go :

Trac: 0.11.6
Python: 2.6.4 (r264:75706, Jan 25 2010, 08:55:26) [GCC 4.4.2 20091208
(prerelease)]
setuptools: 0.6c11
MySQL: server: "5.1.42", client: "5.1.42", thread-safe: 1
MySQLdb: 1.2.3c1
Genshi: 0.5.1
mod_python: 3.3.1
jQuery: 1.2.6

BR,
Sergey

Felix Schwarz

Feb 19, 2010, 7:52:10 AM2/19/10
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Am 16.02.2010 07:58, schrieb Sergey:
> I got following error using binary_agilo-1.2.1_PRO-py2.6 and trac
> 0.11.6 :
>
> Exception RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded' in<bound
> method AtomicFile.rollback of<trac.util.AtomicFile object at>
> ignored

Actually the traceback should be a bit bigger - can you switch to
'simple view' and paste the exception here?

Also please check the access rights on your trac.ini (did you enable
SElinux?).

fs

Sergey

Feb 22, 2010, 3:41:40 AM2/22/10
to Agilo for Scrum
Hi Felix,

i've found the problem. it is located in trac.util.AtomicFile . This
class came with trac 0.11.6 and is called when trac saves the
configuration (with following preconditions: file does not existi ||
not enough permissions) .

AtomicFile gets called but it fails on the tempfile.mkstemp , that
leads to self._file not initialized .

(fd, self._temp) = tempfile.mkstemp(prefix=name + '-', dir=dir) -
'temp file can not be created'

self._file = None helps to prevent unitialized variable .

BR,
Sergey

Felix Schwarz

Feb 24, 2010, 8:53:25 AM2/24/10
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Am 22.02.2010 09:41, schrieb Sergey:
> i've found the problem. it is located in trac.util.AtomicFile . This
> class came with trac 0.11.6 and is called when trac saves the
> configuration (with following preconditions: file does not existi ||
> not enough permissions) .

Thanks for your diagnosis. I filed a trac bug report:
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/9081

Until this is fixed please make sure that the conf directory/trac.ini is
writable by your web server.

fs

Felix Schwarz

Feb 25, 2010, 7:39:50 AM2/25/10
to ag...@googlegroups.com

Am 24.02.2010 14:53, schrieb Felix Schwarz:
> Thanks for your diagnosis. I filed a trac bug report:
> http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/9081

The fix was committed yesterday by trac and will be in the upcoming
0.11.7 release.

fs

Sergey

Feb 25, 2010, 9:56:13 AM2/25/10