Milestone backlog missing some tasks.

Ash

Aug 6, 2009, 11:52:52 AM8/6/09
to Agilo for Scrum
I have made a Milestone backlog (equivalent to a release backlog in
normal Scrum) and I notice that tasks that don't have a sprint
assigned do not seem to show up, but those with one do. (Not 100% sure
this is the deciding factor, as a different bug currently prevents me
from assigning tasks to a sprint.)

And yes, I have tasks and bugs as types that should show for the
milestone backlog.

Ash

Aug 7, 2009, 1:59:41 PM8/7/09
to Agilo for Scrum
What, no replies?

Is anyone else having this issue?

ANdreaT

Aug 19, 2009, 4:01:26 PM8/19/09
to Agilo for Scrum
On Aug 6, 5:52 pm, Ash <drachendas...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ash,

> I have made a Milestone backlog (equivalent to a release backlog in
> normal Scrum) and I notice that tasks that don't have a sprint
> assigned do not seem to show up, but those with one do. (Not 100% sure
> this is the deciding factor, as a different bug currently prevents me
> from assigning tasks to a sprint.)
Normally in a Release Backlog we only put Requirement (declared as
wish from the Product Owner) and the related User Stories that
according to the team velocity will fit into the release cycle, and
this is also only a guess. So if you plan requirement for a Milestone,
all the stories not planned for any sprint, or planned for a sprint
belonging to that milestone will appear in the Release Backlog. The
tasks, being part of the Sprint, and totally under the responsibility
of the team, are normally not included into a Release Backlog.
Consider also the fact that this would mean to make up front planning
of more than one sprint, probably at least three... not really
Agile... ;-)

> And yes, I have tasks and bugs as types that should show for the
> milestone backlog.
We never tested this, but ideally should work the same way as for the
stories and the requirements, unless you changed the default
configuration, in which case we will need your trac.ini file to have a
look at the fields for the types and the types of ticket you created.

HTH
ANdreaT

Ash

Aug 20, 2009, 5:42:06 PM8/20/09
to Agilo for Scrum
I'm not sure which defaults you mean, as there was no Release Backlog
created by default. When I created it, I selected all four ticket
types and the milestone scope, added them to make a new backlog, and
discovered that only the stories and requirements showed up. I'd say
it's clearly a bug if you allow me to select tasks and then they don't
show up.

P.S. There's a 'done' state shown on the backlogs, but no
corresponding ticket state for those. Should there be one?