How To Install From Fresh Ubuntu Ibex

sasserstyl

Nov 19, 2008, 7:30:49 AM11/19/08
to suppor...@agile42.com
The following steps should enable an installation without errors.

Please let me know if you determine some of the listed packages are
superfluous, or if I have ommitted something (very possible).

Regards.

Step 0:

First, install and configure Apache and Trac.

----
Step 1: Install the following packages using aptitude:

Packages I installed:

libapache2-mod-python, libapache2-mod-python-doc, g++, libgtk-dev,
python-gtk2-dev, libpng3, libfreetype6, python-numpy, python-imaging,
python-imaging-tk, python-imaging-doc

----
Step2 (important):

sudo easy_install -f http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/ Imaging

----
Step 3:

Then download agilo source, cd to the root of the install directory
and run "sudo python setup.py install"

----
Step 4:

Then add "agilo.* = enabled" to the relevant trac.ini under
[components]

----
Step 5:

Then "sudo trac-admin <path to trac instance> upgrade"

----
Step 6:

Then "sudo apache -k restart" for good measure.

HTH someone.

menesis

Dec 1, 2008, 9:14:17 AM12/1/08
to suppor...@agile42.com
On 19 Lap, 14:30, sasserstyl <sassers...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The following steps should enable an installation without errors.
>
> Please let me know if you determine some of the listed packages are
> superfluous, or if I have ommitted something (very possible).
>
> Regards.
>
> Step 0:
>
> First, install and configure Apache and Trac.
>
> ----
> Step 1: Install the following packages using aptitude:
>
> Packages I installed:
>
> libapache2-mod-python, libapache2-mod-python-doc, g++, libgtk-dev,
> python-gtk2-dev, libpng3, libfreetype6, python-numpy, python-imaging,
> python-imaging-tk, python-imaging-doc
>
> ----
> Step2 (important):
>
> sudo easy_install -fhttp://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/Imaging

python-imaging 1.1.6-3 (which is in debian testing and ubuntu
intrepid) was good enough, did not have to install it from source.

However I had to fix matplotlib packaging, because debian/ubuntu
packages do not include .egg-info files (https://bugs.launchpad.net/
bugs/298138).

> ----
> Step 3:
>
> Then download agilo source, cd to the root of the install directory
> and run "sudo python setup.py install"
>
> ----
> Step 4:
>
> Then add "agilo.* = enabled" to the relevant trac.ini under
> [components]
>
> ----
> Step 5:
>
> Then "sudo trac-admin <path to trac instance> upgrade"
>
> ----
> Step 6:
>
> Then "sudo apache -k restart" for good measure.
>
> HTH someone.

I had to update three packages for intrepid - genshi, trac, and
matplotlib. All of them can be found at https://launchpad.net/~pov/+archive