Agile & Software craftsmanship - Code retreat. In mountains. July 11th.

Maria Diaconu

Jul 3, 2009, 6:10:22 AM7/3/09
to AgileWorks Romania
Software craftsmanship - Code retreat#2. @Bran. July 11th.
Software craftsmanship manifesto - "Not only individuals and
interactions, but also a community of professionals"

Agile is about quality, results and learning. Software developers are
proud of their code, but there is always something that can be done
better (if we look in a honest way to our software applications). Code
retreat is a fast-learning technique 'invented' by software
craftsmanship movement (derived from XP). How we will work? We will
solve a problem, in pairs, on the same computer, one hour iterations.
After each hour the code is completely deleted and the solving is re-
done. This time we will do 6 iterations. The purpose is to
learn&practice programming techniques.

What you have to bring: a laptop, your pair-for-programming, the
programming-mood
Don't worry about the language, you&your pair can use any language you
are comfortable with. Just be sure the laptop has the tools installed
and functional for the chosen programming language.

Price per entire house: 600 Ron/night (Total: 1200 Ron/weekend - from
Friday evening to Sunday) - 6 rooms available, no food included;
restaurants available nearby (http://www.pensiunivaleaprahovei.ro/
cazare-pensiuni/Cazare-Pensiunea-Pensiunea-Casa-Medievala-430). Of
course, the price per person depends on the participants number (12
maximum).

We will share best practices, learn and practice together better
programming techniques while being relaxed and having fun in a summer
Saturday day, in a cozy place in the mountains.

Hope to see you there,
Maria Diaconu

P.S. If you know a better place in the mountains where we can code,
please announce us.
P.P.S. For registrations: preferable to confirm on Meetup [http://
www.meetup.com/The-Bucharest-Agile-Software-Meetup-Group/]. If too
difficult to create an account there, you can confirm here, on this
thread.