Learning how not to use "AND" or "OR" condition while you are breaking down the tasks

nhm tanveer hossain khan (hasan)

Feb 10, 2010, 9:28:20 PM2/10/10
to Agile Bangladesh
:)_), Suddenly this topic came out, i think it is one of the important
issues to keep sprint task simple and easy to accomplish and
estimate.

i was about to write this sprint backlog task for my pet project
(http://welltreat.us)

"Email notification should include review content Or comment content"

so while i was writing it down, suddenly this thing poped up!, how
about if i break it down and accomplish part by part, since
technically it states two tasks in one sentence. also more preciously
i can't work on the different tasks at the same time.

so, if you break it down you might see the following tasks -

1. Review notification email should have user's review content

2. Comment notification email should have user's comment content

Now it came up with more implementable units.
from my personal observation, i found breaking down task to very small
implementable units make it very easy to discuss, implement as well as
test.

moreover usually very small unit of task is easy to implement a day,
which gives developer better satisfaction. because you have completed
some tasks.

psychologically it helps to build confidence and GUT on the their
ownself, which is very important to keep their motivation level high
to bring coolness and WOWness with in the team.

best wishes,
see you guys in ruby on rails seminar on 13th (10 am) at basis
conference room :)_)

Kazi Mohammad Ekram

Feb 11, 2010, 2:44:41 AM2/11/10
to agi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hassan,
                 Yup I agree with you. I split a big work into lots of small task. So it's easy for me
to finish the work on time and daily you can accomplish some work. And client also can see
some work is done. So you are satisfied with your work and also client keeps smiling to see
some work has done.....:)