[ANN] Devopsdays Paris, Berlin, MountainView , Amsterdam , Downunder and more!

Patrick Debois

Apr 2, 2013, 2:34:55 PM4/2/13
to devop...@googlegroups.com, dev...@googlegroups.com, devops-t...@googlegroups.com, agile-system-...@googlegroups.com
Dear devops enthousiast, (and apologies for the crosspost)

we just wanted to inform you that after a succesfull Devopsdays London we are really picking up steam again:

I'm pretty pleased to announce that devopsdays events will happen at:

More to come in Atlanta , NewYork , London , Tokyo , Bangalore ...

As always we greatly appreciate your proposals and sponsorship. Please keep amazing us!
A big thanks to all the local volunteers and sponsors to make these events awesome.

If you want to stay up to date of new events, please consider registering to the Devopsdays Mailinglist
Also we're slowly putting all past event videos online. With 100+ talks you'll never run out of devops ideas.

The organizers

Patrick Debois

Apr 13, 2013, 2:09:56 AM4/13/13
to devop...@googlegroups.com, Jonah Horowitz, devops-t...@googlegroups.com, dev...@googlegroups.com, agile-system-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamie,

thank for asking us to clarify this. There are two main reasons:

In the past in the US we've been lucky to get free to cheap hosting of
the conference that allowed us to make the event for free.
As the size of the conference grows (we expect 500+) , this is becoming
harder to find and we have decided to go for a hotel option for convenience.
Outside US in fact, the devopsdays are non-free as well, because of the
same reason. (hotels aren't charities)

The second reason is to ask for a nominal fee (100 USD for 2 days of
conference and drinks, that's not too bad is it?)
is because we had 500 people registered and 500 on the waitlinglist. At
the day of the event not everybody showed up,
much to frustration of the people that could not make it. There we think
by charging that nominal fee, we discourage to go for the freebie.

hope this helps you understand our decision,
Patrick