Five fully funded (for UK and EU residents) Masters by Research studentship opportunities in aquatic ecology.
The project titles are:
* Estimating conservation limits for salmonids
* The ecology underpinning the management of large (ferox) brown trout
* Development of techniques for the control of invasive freshwater species
* Practical methodologies to mitigate against bird predation of fish
* Conservation strategies of freshwater pearl mussels
The annual stipend for these 1 year projects will be £13,590
Preliminary applications comprising of a full CV, including contact details for 2 referees and a covering letter explaining why you are particularly suitable for this studentship, should be submitted to Prof. Colin Adams (colin.ad...@glasgow.ac.uk) by the 4th September 2012.
Further information can be found at
These Masters projects are part of a large EU funded programme, IBIS (Integrated Aquatic Resources Management Between Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland).
More information about the IBIS project can be found at http://www.loughs-agency.org/IBIS
Dr. Jennifer A. Dodd
Mobile: +44 (0) 7525 233 887
University of Glasgow: +44 (0) 1360 870 511
Loughs Agency: +44 (0) 287 131 4103