Different Traffic estimator API data in different IP (internet connections)?

rockerzz501

May 14, 2008, 5:08:53 AM5/14/08
to AdWords API Forum
I have experienced that traffic estimator API data is returning a big
difference in the result with different IP connections. Has one
experienced this type of problem? Is this a glitch? It is just sudden
and happen around 3 days ago until now. Any suggestions are well
appreciated.

AdWords API Advisor

May 15, 2008, 12:11:48 PM5/15/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Thanks for letting us know; our engineering team is currently
investigating to see if there is anything that might have changed
recently that could lead to varying results from the Traffic Estimator
API calls. I'll update this thread with what I hear back.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

rockerzz501

May 16, 2008, 6:53:09 AM5/16/08
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Jeff. I will be waiting for your response. Cheers.

On May 16, 12:11 am, AdWords API Advisor
> > appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

drinkof

Jun 11, 2008, 12:37:17 AM6/11/08
to AdWords API Forum
On May 14, 5:08 am, rockerzz501 <fp.emer...@gmail.com> wrote:
On a possibly parallel track, we are getting dramatically different
results with an adwords set, depending entirely on the PC (and thus
the IP carrier) that the search is submitted from.

Some of the PCs literally never get the ad with the given search
phrase, others almost always do.

I've checked it out (with the help of friends) from 6 different
carriers (so far), and the distinction is dramatic; for the PCs which
don't get it, they never get it.

Is this related? Is there a method to work around this?

Thanks.

AdWords API Advisor

Jun 11, 2008, 12:04:08 PM6/11/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I can say for certain that the actual ads that are served to users is
not related to anything having to do with the results from the traffic
estimator service.

I'd really like to post with an update on the traffic estimator
issue, but unfortunately the engineering team still hasn't tracked
down the potential causes for discrepancies in traffic estimator
results. The issue hasn't fallen off the radar, though.