image data

mj

Sep 4, 2008, 2:04:39 PM9/4/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I keep on getting an exception that image cud not be recognized. Does
anyone has idea why is it so? Here's my soap info.

SOAPBodyXML: <addAds> <ads> <exemptionRequest></exemptionRequest>
<adGroupId>75042</adGroupId> <postPriceAnnotation></
postPriceAnnotation> <destinationUrl>http://www.kjk.com</
destinationUrl> <status>Enabled</status> <description1>gfh</
description1> <headline>fghgf</headline> <displayUrl>http://
www.jhbjk.com</displayUrl> <adType>CommerceAd</adType>
<prePriceAnnotation></prePriceAnnotation> <description2>gfhgf</
description2>
<productImage><data>QzpcQ0Z1c2lvbk1YN1xydW50aW1lXHNlcnZlcnNcY29sZGZ1c2lvblxTRVJWRVItSU5GXHRlbXBcd3d3cm9vdC10bXBcbmVvdG1wNTA2NS50bXA=</
data> <imageUrl>http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/
tn_14930/sp1.gif</imageUrl> <thumbnailUrl></thumbnailUrl>
<type>dynamicImage</type> <mimeType>.gif</mimeType> <width>67</width></
productImage> <priceString></priceString> </ads> </addAds>

any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
mj

tousdan

Sep 4, 2008, 4:44:43 PM9/4/08
to AdWords API Forum
Well from what I know, when adding a new image ad to adwords, you do
not need to specify some fields that you seem to be filling.

As an example: width, imageUrl, height, mimeType.

http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/Image.html

On 4 sep, 14:04, mj <mehjab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I keep on getting an exception that image cud not be recognized. Does
> anyone has idea why is it so? Here's my soap info.
>
> SOAPBodyXML: <addAds> <ads> <exemptionRequest></exemptionRequest>
> <adGroupId>75042</adGroupId> <postPriceAnnotation></
> postPriceAnnotation> <destinationUrl>http://www.kjk.com</
> destinationUrl> <status>Enabled</status> <description1>gfh</
> description1> <headline>fghgf</headline> <displayUrl>http://www.jhbjk.com</displayUrl> <adType>CommerceAd</adType>

mj

Sep 8, 2008, 3:55:57 PM9/8/08
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Tousdan

I kept the name and data only but still get the same exception.
detail This image could not be recognized.
field image.data

On Sep 4, 1:44 pm, tousdan <tous...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well from what I know, when adding a new image ad to adwords, you do
> not need to specify some fields that you seem to be filling.
>
> As an example: width, imageUrl, height, mimeType.
>
> http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/Image.html
>
> On 4 sep, 14:04, mj <mehjab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I keep on getting an exception that image cud not be recognized. Does
> > anyone has idea why is it so? Here's my soap info.
>
> > SOAPBodyXML: <addAds> <ads> <exemptionRequest></exemptionRequest>
> > <adGroupId>75042</adGroupId> <postPriceAnnotation></
> > postPriceAnnotation> <destinationUrl>http://www.kjk.com</
> > destinationUrl> <status>Enabled</status> <description1>gfh</
> > description1> <headline>fghgf</headline> <displayUrl>http://www.jhbjk.com</displayUrl> <adType>CommerceAd</adType>
> > <prePriceAnnotation></prePriceAnnotation> <description2>gfhgf</
> > description2>
> > <productImage><data>QzpcQ0Z1c2lvbk1YN1xydW50aW1lXHNlcnZlcnNcY29sZGZ1c2lvblx­TRVJWRVItSU5GXHRlbXBcd3d3cm9vdC10bXBcbmVvdG1wNTA2NS50bXA=</
> > data> <imageUrl>http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/
> > tn_14930/sp1.gif</imageUrl> <thumbnailUrl></thumbnailUrl>
> > <type>dynamicImage</type> <mimeType>.gif</mimeType> <width>67</width></
> > productImage> <priceString></priceString> </ads> </addAds>
>
> > any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
> > mj- Hide quoted text -

AdWords API Advisor

Sep 8, 2008, 4:09:30 PM9/8/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Are you making your request against the Sandbox environment? This
sounds similar to what was reported here:

http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/9eb07fed481e2b0f#

In which case, it might be due to the same configuration issue on the
Sandbox server. Do you see anything similar in the production
environment?

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

mj

Sep 8, 2008, 4:29:35 PM9/8/08
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Jeff

It is in sandbox envi. It seems in thread Local Business ad was not
being created. I'm trying to add new Image Ad. Is it possible that we
cant create any image in any type of ad on sandbox?

On Sep 8, 1:09 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  Are you making your request against the Sandbox environment? This
> sounds similar to what was reported here:
>
>  http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/9eb07...

AdWords API Advisor

Sep 8, 2008, 4:33:08 PM9/8/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

It's looking like there might be a general issue with image creation
on the Sandbox, yes. I'll post more when I hear back as to what might
be going on.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

mj

Sep 9, 2008, 3:30:27 PM9/9/08
to AdWords API Forum

If I dont create an image in commerce ad, i get an exception
code 0
message An internal error has occurred. Please retry your request.

Here's my soap

SOAPBodyXML: <addAds> <ads> <destinationUrl>http://www.dsf.com</
destinationUrl> <description2>jhkjhkhj</description2>
<adType>CommerceAd</adType> <displayUrl>http://www.dsf.com</
displayUrl> <status>Enabled</status> <description1>fsdf</description1>

any idea?

Deifante Jay Walters

Sep 19, 2008, 1:49:43 PM9/19/08
to AdWords API Forum
I just wanted to pipe up and say that I'm also having the same issue
in the sandbox environment. Adding images of all types and sizes for
my Local Business Ad is failling %100 the time with a "This image is
not of legal dimensions." error.