Approved AdWords API developer token is now "Rejeted" - PLEASE HELP!

Up Spin Software, LLC

Sep 12, 2011, 1:48:45 PM9/12/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I have had an approved developer token for months now and today for some reason my developer token has been rejected.

I have re-applied for the developer token, but can some provide some insight as to why all of the sudden my account has been rejected.

Thanks,

Kyle

Andrew Fischer

Sep 12, 2011, 1:58:57 PM9/12/11
to AdWords API Forum
I have had the same issue occur to me this morning as well.
I did not receive an email with reasoning for the rejection to the
email provided on the account.

I have also re-applied for the developer token and would appreciate a
prompt response as to why this has occurred.

Cheers,

~Andrew

goog...@neoinformatics.com

Sep 12, 2011, 2:10:27 PM9/12/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I'm also the same issues.
So, I have re-applied for the developer token, and I would like to know how many days it takes to approve the adword api.

Up Spin Software, LLC

Sep 12, 2011, 2:44:48 PM9/12/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Is there anyone I can contact or call to have this issues resolved sooner than later?

Last time it took almost 1 month to have the developer token approved and I cannot tell 1,000 plus customers that my application will be offline for that length of time.

store...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2011, 4:10:59 PM9/12/11
to AdWords API Forum
Same here. My account is fully up-to-date & has been billed
successfully since the beginning. Suddenly it's now "Rejected" with no
explanation & my tool is non-functional. We've re-applied, reset the
token, etc. There's no phone number to call for help. All we can do is
post here and hope that we actually get some sort of help within a
reasonable amount of time. :(

If anyone knows how to get this resolved... PLEASE help!!

On Sep 12, 12:44 pm, "Up Spin Software, LLC"

Herm_admin

Sep 12, 2011, 6:05:39 PM9/12/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We have the exact same issue.  Happened about 11 am CST.  We had to reset our password to get into the MCC acount.  We have had it for a few years, but prop have not logged into it directly in quite awhile.

Resubmited and its in pending approval also.

Up Spin Software, LLC

Sep 12, 2011, 6:22:25 PM9/12/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Just to add a few additional pieces of info about this.

I started receiving the following error when making any API request at exactly 10:14 AM PST.

INCOMPLETE_SIGNUP_USER_INFO_REJECTED

Soon after that I logged into my MCC account to find that my developer token status had changed from "Approved" to "Rejected" with an option to re-apply.

Now my account is "Pending approval" after re-submitting the developer token application

My account has be active for several months and my billing account is current and up to date so any insight or help from someone from the AdWords API team would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle

James Mac

Sep 12, 2011, 7:32:19 PM9/12/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I have had the same issue! I need this resolved immediately otherwise I will have a lot of unhappy customers. WHAT HAS HAPPENED? Why has my token been rejected?!?!?

pmfiorini

Sep 12, 2011, 8:17:40 PM9/12/11
to AdWords API Forum
OMG - me too - what is going on here...Oyvey...

Edmar Ferreira

Sep 13, 2011, 1:24:32 AM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
Same problem

Tijmen Scheifes

Sep 13, 2011, 3:02:29 AM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
Same issue here, since 14 hours ago now. At least good to see we're
not the only one. Let's hope Google fixes this quickly.

On 13 sep, 07:24, Edmar Ferreira <edmaroliveiraferre...@gmail.com>

Vizergy

Sep 13, 2011, 8:20:14 AM9/13/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Lets add one more company having the same problem.  We have been using token for years and now have to resubmit.

Mykola Rudenko

Sep 13, 2011, 8:39:08 AM9/13/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here. Any ideas?

Sampsa Suoninen

Sep 13, 2011, 9:05:21 AM9/13/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Same issue started occuring earlier today, suddenly the API Developer Token got rejected. I hope they re-approve fast, I don't use it for my personal fun.

I have API budget left and the usage amounts have been relatively low, so this must be either a mass "cleanup" or a bug/human error in some process.

do...@keypath.com

Sep 13, 2011, 9:28:30 AM9/13/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We had the exact same problem this morning as well.  I went ahead and reapplied, but the token still gives the same answer.

INCOMPLETE_SIGNUP_USER_INFO_REJECTED

Donny

ibra

Sep 13, 2011, 9:49:52 AM9/13/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here. Our developer token appears as rejected (was working last week) and each data query returns:

Could not process your request - QuotaCheckError.INCOMPLETE_SIGNUP_USER_INFO_REJECTED @

If it is a bug, I hope it will be resolved soon...

Ibra

Fraser Cain

Sep 13, 2011, 11:08:32 AM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
We're having the problem here too. Account is in good standing,
spending hundreds of $$ a month. Token was rejected with no
explanation. We've reapplied, but it just says "pending approval".

Ty.Roden

Sep 13, 2011, 11:58:24 AM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
Having the same issue here as all others above. I have a pile of
customers counting on the data that this API provides. Any help on
this one Google? I sure wish that Google would notify us when they do
this sort of thing - probems happen frequently enough with the API
that it shakes our clients faith in our reporting tools. Any update
Google?

Justin

Sep 13, 2011, 12:22:53 PM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
Ditto, same problem.

store...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2011, 12:43:59 PM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
It's very upsetting to me that we are paying for this service &
there's not even a support phone number to call!?

I see members of the Google API team trolling this forum and posting
in other topics, but nothing here. Can we please get some sort of
explanation? Is this a bug that is being looked at or were our
accounts rejected because of a policy change or something? Please give
us some sort of explanation. We are paying for this premium service,
it's not a free use API.

As much as I would hate to, we will have to switch to another API for
keyword search volumes if this isn't resolved quickly. We have many
clients standing by and waiting for our tool to be back up. They are
losing patience and so am I.

Regards,
Dave

SEO Intelligent

Sep 13, 2011, 12:47:12 PM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
Same as Dave. Pls, give us some explanitation.

jahan

Sep 13, 2011, 1:06:55 PM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
very bad form for a paid service. It is either

1 - Google did a mystery policy change and just decided to blanket ban
random accounts. Ok. If this is the case then tell us
2 - Something broke.... and they are fixing it and this is the
timeframe that they expect it to be fixed

Since google appears not to care too much about its PAYING customers
by at least giving some communication, and obviously mods are reading
this because they are replying to other topics... then we need to
come up with a new solution

I did some research and the http://www.keyworddiscovery.com/ paid
service would be a suitable replacement for some needs
it uses the yahoo CPC data which is a little more erratic, but enough
to get a bearing and it s keywords are a combo of yahoo, bing and
goooggle
so you get quite a bit more. I wouldn't say it is better or worse,
but it is clear googles stance on its customers so we need a backup in
place.

Price is about $450 for 10,000 calls, so actually depending what you
are doing it works out cheaper than the adwords API.
I would really prefer not to switch over, but people are losing
thousands of dollars an hour from clients just because Google chooses
not to respond and we dont know if we are banned or something is
broken or...

Justin

Sep 13, 2011, 1:35:45 PM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
An alternative worth considering is Wordtracker's API service. You can
find out more here: http://www.wordtracker.com/api And you can sign up
by emailing sup...@wordtracker.com

The price, for a commercial contract, is $800 for 10,000 calls, and
the data is original (ie, from real search engines, rather than an
amalgamation of other sources).

Hope that's useful.

Justin

john

Sep 13, 2011, 1:49:48 PM9/13/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We have the exact same problem here. We've been live and using the API for months then all of a sudden we started getting similar error messages.  Good luck finding an actual support number or even email for API questions.  I think these forums are the only support access.

I decided to finally call the generic AdWords help number (866-246-6453) and hope to find someone who could help. I was informed by a rep that the issue was our MCC account did not have a "client/child" account setup with an active campaign. Our account was originally created as a pure MCC account months ago.  We applied for API access and were approved (after a long wait) without having setup any sort of client/child adwords accounts or any "campaigns". Everything was running fine until just now.

I created a child adwords account (which you need in order to call in any event). I followed the reps instructions and created a dummy campaign and ad.  The rep then told me to re apply to the API using  the client account. However, I see no way of doing that?? From what I can see the API account is tied to the MCC account, not the client adwords account.

So, one more call. This time I'm told my original API account should never have worked in the first place and to do what the other rep suggested and re-apply at the MCC.  I did that, but the rep said there's no way to push it through. Ugh!

I'm not sure if any of that makes sense, does everyone else have a single MCC and no clients?  If that's the case then this might be the issue otherwise it's help center run-around.  Hope it helps.

-John

Herm_admin

Sep 13, 2011, 3:43:31 PM9/13/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We have a client account and a main MCC account.   We use the MCC account and token purely for our internal stats, for our own webpage.

We have had the accounts for about 5 years!  That is how long our token was working fine.  To give you an idea, over that time we have used about 230,000 credits, due to our spend, we have over 75 million unused API credits, so I doubt the issue is related to any policy or account linking changes.  We don't do anything but pull stats for our singular client account (which is our only company's Adwords account).

It really seems like there has been a mess up of some sort.  Or a script got let loose to hit certain accounts that overreached its intended targets.

Matthew Redford

Sep 13, 2011, 4:01:28 PM9/13/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I've been a API user since 2009 - and now have the same error everyone else has been reporting. No notification. No explanation. Wouldn't the decent thing for Google to do is to inform paying (often for significant periods of time) customers with at least an explanation? If they have tightened terms and conditions - why can't they work with us and inform us of what we need to do to comply - simply rejecting a mass amount of API accounts without any warning is very harsh.

Many of us have of spent significant amounts of time developing apps and businesses using the AdWords API. Many of us have customers. It's just very frustrating.

Ty.Roden

Sep 13, 2011, 6:19:38 PM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
Has anyone heard any response at all from Google on this? As it
relates to Adwords data, there is no other solution that we can use to
handle Adwords accounts (as mentioned in a post above). We are unable
to use our tools to maintain accounts for our clients, and no data can
be polled for reporting purposes. Still have "Pending Approval" .. and
zero updates from Google.

At this point, with no communication from Google, especially this many
hours into the problem calling it upsetting is a vast understatement.

Luis Siquot

Sep 13, 2011, 3:53:17 PM9/13/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
+1 to the group afected by this mystery.
+1 to your anwser. we use in the same way with lots of related client acounts.

excuse my poor english

Terence Hooi

Sep 13, 2011, 8:20:00 PM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
So much for "do no evil"...
More importantly,
Does everyone here use Google Apps too? We do and have been ignoring
their "merge your account" message which actually doesn't merge your
account anyway.
Wondering if everyone else has this problem and if it is a
commonality
amongst us?
Terence

On Sep 13, 3:48 am, "Up Spin Software, LLC"
<adwo...@upspinsoftware.com> wrote:
> I have had an approved developer token for months now and today for some
> reason my developer token has been rejected.
>
> I have re-applied for the developer token, but can some provide some insight
> as to why all of the sudden my account has been rejected.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kyle

corp...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2011, 9:21:05 PM9/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
Our MCC was under a Google Apps account with the apparent conflict and
migrated it to a personal Gmail account today rather than the Google
Apps account.

I was wondering if that actually had to do with the "rejection" status
-- perhaps it does and we do have that in common. Perhaps THAT is the
glitch.

We've had our developer token for over 4 years -- and no problem
whatsoever -- I can't see that they would just turn it off on a whim
with so many folks affected -- it's a paid platform that makes them
money.

Either way, I called Adwords Support Team on the 866# and the gal told
me that today was third time she had heard the same thing -- so she
has emailed that department since they cannot be physically reached.

She told me she would email me when she gets a response (likely 48
hours).

Yeah - no hurry - the building is burning down - might as well just
wait until it burns to the ground and start over. :-P

There's only a few hundred clients waiting on us -- no worries.

Jim

Terence Hooi

Sep 14, 2011, 12:24:02 AM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
Ah, interesting...

Anyone else?

On Sep 14, 11:21 am, "kud.and...@gmail.com" <corpf...@gmail.com>

rayden

Sep 14, 2011, 3:30:48 AM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
Here to...

Code: 129
Message: User information rejected.
Trigger: N/A

What is happening? There is still no cross client 2011 lib, and
now this is not working.

Can anyone from google please respond?

best,

si...@hubbardmedia.com

Sep 14, 2011, 4:03:44 AM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
Same problem here. Can't believe the number of people posting the
same problem and not one response from google. Shame on you google.
You really need to hit us all with an update on what is obviously a
widespread problem that is effecting production systems.

Stilliard

Sep 14, 2011, 7:40:48 AM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
Not sure if this is google suddenly being more strict? Or a bug that's
rejected a load of tokens.
Either way, can someone in the Google Adwords team give us some info?
as i also didn't get an email as to why i have suddenly been rejected.

Underground Elephant

Sep 14, 2011, 1:21:05 PM9/14/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I just received this email from an Adwords support guy:

Andrew,

At this time, the best way for you to regain access to your API is to
re-apply. This could take up to two weeks to be processed, and I will
reach out to you as soon as I have any sort of update on this matter.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Tyler
The Google AdWords Team

I sent him a long and very frustrated email stating this was unacceptable and requested he become our liaison to the API support team and bug the hell out of them till they give us an explanation and/or solution to this problem

Eric Estrada

Sep 14, 2011, 2:45:21 PM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
I have not been able to contact anyone.. phone goes nowhere and have
not heard back via email yet. I am very surprised. Google really needs
to address this with us all or I feel they will lose a lot of paying
customers.

On Sep 14, 1:21 pm, Underground Elephant <uemaster...@gmail.com>

Eric Koleda

Sep 14, 2011, 2:48:44 PM9/14/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Please see the following thread for an update on this issue: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/adwords-api/BXyV40LfEEI/Rt2Jgrp3NWsJ

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

Ty.Roden

Sep 14, 2011, 3:23:45 PM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
Speaking as someone who has had their token rejected (as many people
above) and having an application that is internal only and not for
client use, I do not break any of your rules for the API, and have
been actively using the API since mid 2008. Your response to all of us
is that we need to re-apply for the API, and you will reconsider our
application and it will take 5-6 weeks to do so?!? Are you serious??

The statement on the link is:
Please know that that we will take between 5 and 6 weeks to process
all developer token re-applications.

This is absolutely ludicrous!

We need to contact th email listed in the link ASAP folks.. and in
quantity if we have any hope of keeping our clients happy... I am
utterly amazed.

rayden

Sep 14, 2011, 3:29:17 PM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
I totally aggree. We use API for statistics for our customers, been
using
adwords for 5 years, and now rejected.

We could at least get a warning - its hard to say our customers, you
cannot
see statistics for 5-6 weeks.

Anyway, how can we resolve this sooner - is it possible to get a
reason for
disaproval - so we can change that part?

Fraser Cain

Sep 14, 2011, 3:34:32 PM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
This is absolutely devastating to our business. And considering the
amount we're spending with Google Adwords, the very least they could
do is send an email, or ask for clarification, or raise the prices...
or anything but this. We're not scraping, we're legitimately paying
you for access to the data. We're your customers?

Herm_admin

Sep 14, 2011, 3:35:59 PM9/14/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
     I just emailed to it a few minutes ago, and posted the forum comment about why this occurred.  I explained the same thing, we are a company that has been using the token for years, we don't have clients, we are simply pulling keywords costs about once an hour, for our internal stats.

     I mentioned we are not violating any terms, are not pulling lots of data randomly, and probably got caught up in the review by accident, and was hoping they could speed up the review process.  At this point I am not really expecting much, but considering the circumstances figured it was worth a shot.

     This really is a let down from Google.  I understand the need for them to remove accounts at times, but when disable tokens that are obviously not intended to be disabled, they should have a speedy re-review set up at a minimum.

Matthew Redford

Sep 14, 2011, 3:51:54 PM9/14/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric

Whilst I appreciate your response, there are a number of things which I'm going to get off my chest.

Why didn't you ask us to fill out a more detailed questionnaire on how we are using the API in our applications whilst our tokens were active? If users didn't fill out such a form or it didn't meet your terms and conditions with the details entered in the form then you have the right to reject their API access on a specified date. I'd have been more than happy to do this and I'm sure others would have been too.

Cutting off API usage and asking users to reapply and wait up to over a month is a joke. These are apps and businesses that we have created. Would you go into a shop on the high street and cut off their electricity without any notice (and without knowing the full story) and ask them to wait a month before they can use it again? I've done a hell of a lot of hard work building up my business and I'm very disappointed with this API issue. I'm now losing customers. Do you care? Was it even a thought in your reviewers mind when looking through our individual cases? To add more frustration to my case - a major UK magazine was due to look at my web app shortly - but now this looks like a missed opportunity thanks to this saga.

I've been a loyal user of the API for over 2 years now and I can't express just how annoyed I am with this.

corp...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2011, 4:01:43 PM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
Eric,

And if someone reapplied for their token before actually seeing your
post with the more specific information -- then what does someone do?

Do we wait another 5-6 weeks to be potentially rejected and then re-
apply only to wait another 5-6 weeks?

That's insane.

How does someone get a chance to re-apply with the more specific
information you suggest in the post below without having to wait 5-6
weeks.?

Please reply because livelihoods are counting on this information.

Thank you.

Eric Koleda

Sep 14, 2011, 4:20:03 PM9/14/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you need to append additional information to your developer token application you can do so by editing the fields on the "AdWords API Center" page in the UI.  This will not delay your application being reviewed.

Best,
- Eric

corp...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2011, 5:08:49 PM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
Eric,

Thank you very much for your reply and it is very much appreciated.

We will append our application accordingly.

The thing that's bothersome about this situation, Eric, is that there
are keyword tools like Market Samurai (a tool that is initially given
away for free) and other desktop tools that SCRAPE the Google External
Keyword Tool, which is a clear violation of Google's Terms of
Service. These desktop tool owners don't have the nerve to even apply
for an Adwords API token because their business model of having an end
user paying for the tool one time would never work.

These type of violators should be at the forefront of the battle for
Google's quality experience that is obviously being disturbed by
probably MILLIONS of hits daily to the External Keyword Tool, and an
obvious drain on resources. If you could make sure this message
actually gets through to the right person, you could free up a bunch
of resources and wasted bandwidth by stopping desktop scrapers from
eating up resources they don't even pay for (one might consider these
folks thieves).

On the other hand, us business owners are legitimately helping clients
by paying for what resources our clients are requesting through our
applications and interfaces so they can make smart advertising
decisions.

I'm sure you would agree, something seems a little off with this.

Once again, I appreciate your quick reply. And if you could please
pass the word onto those in charge that could put an end to the true
bleeding of resources that aren't even being paid for by desktop
scrapers, which ARE truly a clear violation of Google's own TOS.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Eric Koleda

Sep 14, 2011, 5:30:26 PM9/14/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback regarding this issue.  I will pass it on to the appropriate people.

Best,
- Eric

Xr4ti

Sep 14, 2011, 7:34:34 PM9/14/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Eric - I noticed that on the form field "Tell us how you would like to use the Adwords API" erases all the copy you put in it once you submit the form. Are you able to see what we wrote even though when I go to edit the field it comes up blank. I also sent you a email to the email you provided with screenshots and all the other information you may need to re-apply for the token.

slimeyboy

Sep 14, 2011, 9:53:50 PM9/14/11
to AdWords API Forum
I think an easy solution here would be to grant temporary access to
those that whose access you've revoked. This would allow our
production systems to continue until such time as you've had chance to
review the re-applications.

Can you please report this suggestion up the line?

I still find it unbelievable that Google would just cut these accounts
in the first place without so much as an email.

Thanks,

Simon

James M

Sep 15, 2011, 5:20:18 AM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hey Eric,

Thank you for the response and I appreciate you taking the time to write out exactly what we should do.

5-6 weeks though? You do realise that for some people you are shutting down their business for 5-6 weeks, costing them money every day, and punishing the guys who have actually taken the time to work with the API and NOT scrape results.

It is unacceptable that you have no phone number for us to contact, a rediculas waiting time for API re approval and no notice as to why our account was getting shut down. A series of emails warning people would have been a much better angel rathen than a blanket ban. The API team NEEDS to give those who they shut down temporary access.

James

keesjan

Sep 15, 2011, 5:38:43 AM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,
Our application is in the same position and iam completly agree with your complaints about shutting down before asking for more information.

Don't be evel to your best ambassadors, the developers.

rayden

Sep 15, 2011, 5:43:23 AM9/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
What are you guys using API for? As i see we are all handling Adwords
for
few 10,100,1000 clients. Maybe this has some connection with cross-
client
reports that is making problems since launch of v201101 library.

At this point it would be really "cool" to have explanation what we
did?

Best regards,

keesjan

Sep 15, 2011, 6:34:13 AM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
@raden it seems not to be a bug like Erik stated here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/adwords-api/BXyV40LfEEI/Rt2Jgrp3NWsJ
Or do you refer to some sort of change in the RMF

Justin

Sep 15, 2011, 8:27:34 AM9/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
>The thing that's bothersome about this situation, Eric, is that there
> are keyword tools like Market Samurai (a tool that is initially given
> away for free) and other desktop tools that SCRAPE the Google External
> Keyword Tool, which is a clear violation of Google's Terms of
> Service. These desktop tool owners don't have the nerve to even apply
> for an Adwords API token because their business model of having an end
> user paying for the tool one time would never work.

I'll second that.

Reed

Sep 15, 2011, 9:20:10 AM9/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
I'm curious as to whether those who have been affected by this process
received any of the email audit notifications that the Google AdWords
API auditing people have been sending out overthe past 4-6 weeks..??
Those messages referred to the pages that Eric mentioned to provide
information on the nature of your AdWords API usage. I'm not trying
to defend how they've handled this - I've been having a tough time
filling those forms because they seem to make some assumptions about
the types of api applications that exist. I think there is also a
problem in that they sent the emails (every couple of weeks, actually)
to the email address of the person that handles the API bills. It
seems to me that they should have a setup similar to that of WHOIS
for DNS registrations, so that there can be both administrative and
technical contacts associated with an API key. You all might want to
check and see what email they have that is associated with your API
key, since that's what they seem to be using for their communicades.
fyi
-reed

keesjan

Sep 15, 2011, 10:55:14 AM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
@ Reed
I did indeed got no api evaluation email. Just changed hoster and the adwords mcc center email is different from the adwords api email. They maybe only send email to the adwords api email? I did not get any email.
I just found this post http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2011/06/changes-to-required-minimum.html about RFM minimums. But I got no email about this....

Very very frustrating process. We all have to think about the dependence from the ones good guy Google.

New Day Consulting

Sep 15, 2011, 1:14:58 PM9/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
Eric,

Please, please, please...SEM is my business and how I feed my two
daughters. We manage about $100K in client budget each month and have
just lost a critical tool that we use every day, with no notification.
At 123K API units used over the course of a year, surely this isn't
even a blip on the resource usage graph of a single one of your
servers.

Please, please, please...this decision is HURTING real people trying
to make an honest living.

Matt

Austin Houser

Sep 15, 2011, 2:37:01 PM9/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
Same... This is ridicules, I received an email about 2 minutes ago
stating "IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Your API Developer Token Has Been
Disabled".

According to the email my account way rejected due to low usage, yet
both my API key and my MMC account are used on a daily basis. Any
help will be appreciated here, sooner the better!

My best,
Austin

On Sep 12, 1:48 pm, "Up Spin Software, LLC"
<adwo...@upspinsoftware.com> wrote:
> I have had an approved developer token for months now and today for some
> reason my developer token has been rejected.
>
> I have re-applied for the developer token, but can some provide some insight
> as to why all of the sudden my account has been rejected.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kyle

rayden

Sep 15, 2011, 2:45:41 PM9/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
I got that message too, just half an hour ago. I use it on daily base
too.
Never thought you can get punished for using too low?

I have no idea what can we do more, i think non of us can wait for
5-6 weeks. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Fraser Cain

Sep 15, 2011, 2:57:46 PM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Same message. We're at 8 million API units used, and paid for. How much usage do we need? How much do we have to pay?

Matthew Redford

Sep 15, 2011, 3:39:24 PM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I've had the same message too.

We have all been worried thinking that our apps / businesses have failed terms and conditions, hasn't met the minimum required functionality etc and the real reason is... we aren't using the API as much as required.

As a business... how is cutting off our API usage for 5 to 6 weeks going to help us increase API usage? After this period of time we will need to start from a weakened position - building up trust and customers again. Rather than assisting small start ups - Google once again is favoring the big brands because it knows where the money is. Wasn't Google once a start up business?

Honestly - couldn't this have been dealt with alot better by informing API users of their token usage, what is required etc whilst our tokens were active? This would have kept us up to date with the minimum requirements and acted as an incentive to improve our usage of the API. It's just crazy. I'm usually a calm person but this has really frustrated me!

store...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2011, 4:22:06 PM9/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
If "low volume" is the issue then why not just charge a monthly
minimum? Problem solved! As others have indicated, Google was once a
small business too. In our case we are a new account. We were
increasing our "volume" every day but apparently not quickly enough.
How can we be expected to be at a crazy high volume the first couple
of months? We have to grow in order to get there! This is so confusing
to us.. Like others have mentioned, this sets us back so far that it's
going to take even longer to become a "high volume" account. What's
the use in re-applying? In 5-6 weeks from now we'll be at a lower
volume because our tool doesn't work! For being such an innovative &
insightful company this seems to be a very ignorant decision.

Mykola Rudenko

Sep 15, 2011, 5:33:15 PM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Can you please post this message here?

keesjan

Sep 15, 2011, 5:44:04 PM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Same message here:
no clue about:
  1. what is30 days volume is measured,
  2. not what IS to low:
  3. so every time we have holiday here in Europe, yes we do have free time I have to worry about low tresholds?
  4. the APIis then NOT for startups; the always start with low volumes. Larry Page love startup and want Google to think like a startup again? ohno; they act like a dino!

The letter:

As stated in the AdWords API Terms and Conditions (Section II.4), we periodically review AdWords API activity. We noticed that there has been low usage of the AdWords API developer token associated with your My Client Center (MCC) manager ID @@@@@@ in the last 30 days. For the purpose of ensuring quality, improving Google products and services and compliance with AdWords API Terms and Conditions, we have disabled this token.

If you wish to re-apply for the token, please visit the AdWords API Center in your account. Remember to answer the following in detail if you re-apply for the token:

a)      Describe the uses of your API application or tool with specific examples. For instance, account management or bid optimization.

b)      Who is or will be using your API application or tool? For example, colleagues in your company or advertisers or agencies to whom you are selling the tool.

c)       Please attach screenshots of your API application or tool. If the application or tool is yet to be developed, please provide relevant design documentation.

d)      Please provide a list of clients that will be using your API application or tool in an automated way.

Please know that that we will take between 5 and 6 weeks to process all developer token re-applications.

Regards,

The AdWords API Team

Fraser Cain

Sep 15, 2011, 5:44:20 PM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
And how can we know low usage was really the reason? I have a feeling that that it's more about a lopsided usage of the API, relying on specific queries in the API, and not enough in other places.

rayden

Sep 15, 2011, 6:02:51 PM9/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
Fraser,

Totally agree, since we all got this message now, 3 days after block.
That`s why I asked
before 10 posta, what do you guys use API for? We mainly use it for
structure report and
statistics. Since google has trouble making "cross-client report" for
v201101, I think this is
strongly related.

I just hope this mess resolves soon.

Best,

Fraser Cain

Sep 15, 2011, 8:50:36 PM9/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We were using it for monthly search volume for organic search optimization. I'm guessing it's because we didn't do enough paid search use of the API that we got cut off.

slimeyboy

Sep 15, 2011, 10:04:44 PM9/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
Eric. Please will see if it's possible, as per my last post, to grant
temporary access to those who are having their token re-pplications
reviewed. Waiting 5-6 weeks to reapplications to be processed is going
to kill off a lot of people's businesses.

keesjan

Sep 16, 2011, 10:20:41 AM9/16/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Can a Google rep reply on this. Its quite now for another 15 hours. Hours we a disappointing our costumers. Please be more specific about 'low volume' are any requirements not met. Please.

Eric Koleda

Sep 16, 2011, 6:22:37 PM9/16/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Unfortunately I don't have any other information to provide at this time.  If you wish to reapply for API access I encourage you to work through the process outlined in the forum post (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/adwords-api/BXyV40LfEEI/Rt2Jgrp3NWsJ).

Best,
- Eric

Will Spencer

Sep 17, 2011, 8:22:03 AM9/17/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
It's useless to complain.  Google simply does not care.  We are all ants to them.

It's best to move on quickly to an API partner who does care, such as SEMRush or Majestic.

keesjan

Sep 17, 2011, 8:40:34 AM9/17/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
@Will Majestic does not offer keyword research, do they? And SEMRusch 'only' in certain languages that not covers the globe.
I still have hope because we build an ad management tool anyway. But still 6 weeks out of business without warning signs....

Will Spencer

Sep 17, 2011, 3:17:27 PM9/17/11
to AdWords API Forum
Keesjan:

I apologize, I should not post when I am that tired. Majestic doesn't
offer keyword data, it offers link data.

SEMRush offers keyword data. Sistrix may soon be offering keyword
data for European languages.

Google states that it will take them 5-6 weeks for them to process the
expected volume of re-applications. Note that Google canceled them
for a reason, even though Google is obviously not telling the truth
regarding what that reason was. No one should seriously believe that
we were kicked from the API because we used it too little!

Whatever reason Google had for putting so many of it's partners out of
business, that same reason will very likely cause them to reject the
majority of API reapplications. It's not as if your choice is to
switch to a new data provider now or wait six weeks for Google -- you
may wait six weeks for Google and then receive only a cryptic
rejection letter. We all have experience with Google's ability to
write documents which contain zero information value.

SEMRush may not be the answer for you, or it may be only a partial
answer. The more important point is that you must find an answer.
Google is not a reliable option.

rayden

Sep 18, 2011, 2:32:39 PM9/18/11
to AdWords API Forum
Anything new on this one? Anyone got the answer already?

Justin

Sep 19, 2011, 5:22:52 AM9/19/11
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Will

As I've mentioned elsewhere, Wordtracker also has an API of keyword
data: www.wordtracker.com/api

It gives much better long tail results (for the US/UK) than either
Google or SEMRush.

I hope that's useful.

Kind regards

Justin

aengland

Sep 19, 2011, 9:50:24 AM9/19/11
to AdWords API Forum
FYI, our API token was reactivated over the weekend. We followed the
instructions on the post to apply for reactivation.

keesjan

Sep 19, 2011, 10:44:52 AM9/19/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thats great news for you. I also read on http://searchengineland.com/google-angers-adwords-api-developers-by-revoking-access-then-begins-to-provisionally-allow-access-again-93170
that one client was TopTenWholesale was given more time:

"So far, at least one API developer — Jason Prescott of TopTenWholesale.com and Manufacturer.com, who I quoted above — has been granted “provisional” access to the API again, after writing an e-mail and contacting a Google representative. Prescott’s company will have to provide all of the above information before September 23, and presumably it will have to meet Google’s requirements, before the access decision becomes final."

Can you say your app is meeting the full RDF  http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/requirements.html and specailly -(what I think a lot of apps in this group fail for now -

"If an AdWords API Client provides any functionality related to TargetingIdeaService, TrafficEstimatorService, or BulkOpportunityService, it must fully implement the required Creation Functionality, Management Functionality and Reporting Functionality marked "Required" in the table below."

Do you share your apps URL here? This will help to get the fog away about what Google wants

rayden

Sep 20, 2011, 2:52:53 AM9/20/11
to AdWords API Forum
How can we get temp access to api?

We wrote all descriptions and screenshots and no answer from Google.
Anyone else got access back?

Best regards,

On Sep 19, 4:44 pm, keesjan <adwo...@interneteffect.com> wrote:
> Thats great news for you. I also read onhttp://searchengineland.com/google-angers-adwords-api-developers-by-r...
> that one client was TopTenWholesale was given more time:
>
> "So far, at least one API developer — Jason Prescott of TopTenWholesale.com
> and Manufacturer.com, who I quoted above — has been granted “provisional”
> access to the API again, after writing an e-mail and contacting a Google
> representative. Prescott’s company will have to provide all of the above
> information before September 23, and presumably it will have to meet
> Google’s requirements, before the access decision becomes final."
>
> Can you say your app is meeting the full RDF  http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/requirements.htmland specailly

Matthew Redford

Sep 20, 2011, 4:29:44 AM9/20/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rayden

I sent the descriptions and screenshots to Google too - no access back yet. We will see what happens.

rayden

Sep 21, 2011, 2:04:52 PM9/21/11
to AdWords API Forum
bump. I really dont understand this.

Hope it resolves soon. Best,

On Sep 20, 10:29 am, Matthew Redford <matthew.redf...@gmail.com>

Fraser Cain

Sep 21, 2011, 7:12:49 PM9/21/11
to AdWords API Forum
We've been given provisional access to the API as well - we have 7
days to complete the application and fulfill their requirements. We
can explain our current functionality and our development plans, but
there's no way we can fully hook into all the required parts of the
API within a couple of days. It seems kind of hopeless at this point,
but we'll give it our best shot.

If you want to see what we're doing, our application is located at
https://www.keywordstrategy.org

We've also researched all the other data providers out there, so if
anyone wants my recommendations, just drop me an email.

My overall belief is that Adwords doesn't want us to pay for data,
they want us to bring them paying customers who will buy search ads.
So we're going to pivot our offerings to emphasize that ability.
Hopefully we'll demonstrate enough value that they'll keep us around.

On Sep 19, 7:44 am, keesjan <adwo...@interneteffect.com> wrote:
> Thats great news for you. I also read onhttp://searchengineland.com/google-angers-adwords-api-developers-by-r...
> that one client was TopTenWholesale was given more time:
>
> "So far, at least one API developer — Jason Prescott of TopTenWholesale.com
> and Manufacturer.com, who I quoted above — has been granted “provisional”
> access to the API again, after writing an e-mail and contacting a Google
> representative. Prescott’s company will have to provide all of the above
> information before September 23, and presumably it will have to meet
> Google’s requirements, before the access decision becomes final."
>
> Can you say your app is meeting the full RDF  http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/requirements.htmland specailly

rayden

Sep 22, 2011, 3:16:42 AM9/22/11
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Fraser Cain,

Yeah I know what you mean, but we were disabled too - we do not have
any
kind of this keyword tool, we only use it to make nice reports for our
clients - who we advertise on Adwords.

How did you apply for provisional access? I just dont get the answer
from
API team. And I hate that we are in the same line, as advertisers who
just
started - I know back then I didn`t need it so much, as you need it
once
your customers use it.

Strange, hard to do business like this,

Thanks for replay,

On Sep 22, 1:12 am, Fraser Cain <fraserc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We've been given provisional access to the API as well - we have 7
> days to complete the application and fulfill their requirements. We
> can explain our current functionality and our development plans, but
> there's no way we can fully hook into all the required parts of the
> API within a couple of days. It seems kind of hopeless at this point,
> but we'll give it our best shot.
>
> If you want to see what we're doing, our application is located athttps://www.keywordstrategy.org

Matthew Redford

Sep 22, 2011, 8:14:13 AM9/22/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fraser

It's good to see that you have got access back. We also have a keyword tool - we are still waiting to see if we get temporary access. It's frustrating waiting however - especially hearing on a few users here and on other blogs getting access back.

There is plenty of speculation as to what Google requires from API usage - for example the functionality or how they want it used. I wish Google would be much clearer on this. The whole problem regarding disabling tokens and this forum topic just highlights the need for some kind of customer support. It feels like there is a giant brick wall between end users and the API team. We may be thinking too much... but the lack of communication from Google hasn't helped with this.

Your Google AdWords point is a good one. My keyword tool is promoted to assist with keyword research prior to a PPC campaign and also includes keyword PPC estimates on request. If I'm promoting it as a tool to help with a Google AdWords campaign - surely it must be positive for them to keep it going? Who knows - the whole thing is just a big headache :( As you mention... it does seem hopeless.

Good luck with your app, hope it continues and does well in the future :)

Bruno Ghisi

Sep 22, 2011, 11:02:46 AM9/22/11
to AdWords API Forum
I am also facing the same issue. I am a new client, asked for a token
almost 3 weeks ago, but the authorization is pending, so I am
receiving the same error message by the API.

Reading all those posts right now I am not sure when my account will
be approved :(

Regards,
Bruno

Fraser Cain

Sep 22, 2011, 1:54:57 PM9/22/11
to AdWords API Forum
I think the biggest help would be for Google to just tell of the
spirit of what they want and what they don't want. We were cancelled
because of lack of usage. Does that mean that we need to use it more?
We had already done 8 million+ API units, and spending hundreds a
month.

Anyway, a plain language, "Here's what we want from our API partners"
post on the blog would be amazing and helpful. It's really hard to
help out when we're in the dark about what's expected of us, except
for a request to implement 75 different API function calls.

vrgoogler

Sep 22, 2011, 6:03:06 PM9/22/11
to AdWords API Forum
The data I want to collect from Google AdWords is:

1. Average CPC
2. Number of searches

Do you guys know where I can get this data without scraping the Google
AdWords Keyword Tool?

I'm pissed off that Google AdWords terminated my developer token after
I have paid them $$$ to get data from them the legal and right way.
Are they saying it is better that we scrape off their web sites to get
the data we want?

Do you guys know of any other 3rd party API that could give me the
same data above?

Cheers,

Vince - http://www.maverickwebcreations.com

rayden

Sep 26, 2011, 3:24:45 PM9/26/11
to AdWords API Forum
Bump, did anyone got any answer from google API stuff?

How can we know if they even got our email - no conformation, and
1,5 week passed by.

Best regards,

Matt Redford

Sep 26, 2011, 7:21:28 PM9/26/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rayden

It's been 2 weeks for me and haven't heard a thing.

It's quite clear now how important Google regards us and how important we are to them. As a business and individual I'm thinking twice about my usage of Google products from now on. I'd recommend for you and any others in a similar situation to do the same. They've just lost a loyal customer. Google might read this and shrug its sholders and think it won't make much difference... but I'm sticking by it.

Austin Houser

Sep 27, 2011, 7:35:52 AM9/27/11
to AdWords API Forum
Matt,

I've moved on as well. My company lost a substantial amount of
business due to Google's negligence. I've read through the API terms
twice now and unfortunately there is nothing preventing Google from
doing this again at their discretion, no security for us. There is a
clear disconnect here, the lack of API customer support is a sign that
we are disposable paying customers.

Austin

vrgoogler

Sep 27, 2011, 8:39:43 AM9/27/11
to AdWords API Forum
What is your alternative then? I am thinking of using Wordtracker if
they have the data I want.

Austin Houser

Sep 28, 2011, 8:08:10 AM9/28/11
to AdWords API Forum
Yes, Wordtracker seems to be a solid alternative to the Adwords
"TargetingIdeaService" method. Additionally, Wordtracker's static
pricing may actually be more cost effective in the long run as you're
not paying per an API call. I'm still evaluating all options (except
for the Adwords API) so if you are aware of any other alternatives
please post.

Austin

keesjan

Sep 29, 2011, 10:10:33 AM9/29/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
still waiting.
We reaplied 2 weeks ago.
No message of receivin our re-apply.
and now we got a invitation for EU AdWords API Workshops

"I just wanted to give you the heads up as one of our top API developers for early registration to the event."

So Iam a top API developer with a rejected token...

Strange boys and girls over at Google. I will atttend to get some light on this horror costumer story....

Erik Coleda, any updates?

Matt Redford

Sep 30, 2011, 11:12:53 AM9/30/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this.

"Let's cut off API access to many users without warning and then two weeks later invite them to attend a AdWords API workshop"

The sad thing is that this isn't a joke.

rick mataka

Sep 30, 2011, 11:32:36 AM9/30/11
to AdWords API Forum
Really Guys.... Eric.... Why are you avoiding us here?
It was really wrong what was done int the first place
but when we REPLY To your stuff with what you wanted
and get no REPLY at all... thats just bad business.. But
I guess Google is way to big for them selves it seems.....

On Sep 29, 10:10 am, keesjan <adwo...@interneteffect.com> wrote:
> still waiting.
> We reaplied 2 weeks ago.
> No message of receivin our re-apply.
> and now we got a invitation for EU AdWords API Workshops
>
> "I just wanted to give you the heads up as one of our top API developers for
> early registration to the event."
>
> *So Iam a top API developer with a rejected token...*

rayden

Oct 9, 2011, 2:27:54 PM10/9/11
to AdWords API Forum
Any news on this? Anyone got response from API team?