Targeting Idea Service -- INTERNAL_API_ERROR

Michael

Sep 28, 2010, 3:05:16 PM9/28/10
to AdWords API Forum
Over the last few days we have been running into issues with some code
which makes use of the TargetingIdeaService. This has been working for
several months and all of the sudden has started to cause errors quite
consistently. The really odd thing is that the error does not happen
for all sites! Some will work, others throw the error.

This is the selector we are using (.NET API v200909):

TargetingIdeaSelector selector = new TargetingIdeaSelector()
{
ideaType = IdeaType.KEYWORD,
requestType = RequestType.IDEAS,
paging = new Paging()
{
startIndex = 0,
numberResults = numResults,
startIndexSpecified = true,
numberResultsSpecified = true
},
ideaTypeSpecified = true,
requestTypeSpecified = true,
searchParameters = new SearchParameter[] {
new RelatedToUrlSearchParameter() {
urls = new string[] { url },
includeSubUrls = includeLinkedPages
},
new LanguageTargetSearchParameter() {
languageTargets = new LanguageTarget[]
{ (new LanguageTarget() { languageCode = "en" }) }
},
new CountryTargetSearchParameter() {
countryTargets = new CountryTarget[] { (new
CountryTarget() { countryCode = "US" }) }
},
new KeywordMatchTypeSearchParameter() {
keywordMatchTypes = new KeywordMatchType[] {
KeywordMatchType.BROAD
}
}
},
requestedAttributeTypes = new AttributeType[] {
AttributeType.KEYWORD,
AttributeType.AVERAGE_TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES,
AttributeType.TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES,
AttributeType.COMPETITION
}
};

Michael

Sep 29, 2010, 1:22:26 PM9/29/10
to AdWords API Forum
Quick follow up... I'm attaching the soap request and response I'm
getting when I turn on tracing:

-----------------BEGIN API CALL---------------------

Request
-------

POST /api/adwords/o/v200909/TargetingIdeaService
Accept-Encoding: gzip
Connection: Keep-Alive

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Header>
<RequestHeader xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/o/
v200909">
<applicationToken xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/
v200909">************</applicationToken>
<authToken xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/
v200909">********</authToken>
<developerToken xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/
v200909">************</developerToken>
</RequestHeader>
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
<get xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/o/v200909">
<selector>
<searchParameters xsi:type="RelatedToUrlSearchParameter">
<urls>www.cnn.com</urls>
</searchParameters>
<searchParameters xsi:type="LanguageTargetSearchParameter">
<languageTargets>
<languageCode xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/
v200909">en</languageCode>
</languageTargets>
</searchParameters>
<searchParameters xsi:type="CountryTargetSearchParameter">
<countryTargets>
<countryCode xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/
v200909">US</countryCode>
</countryTargets>
</searchParameters>
<ideaType>KEYWORD</ideaType>
<requestType>IDEAS</requestType>
<requestedAttributeTypes>KEYWORD</requestedAttributeTypes>
<requestedAttributeTypes>AVERAGE_TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES</
requestedAttributeTypes>
<requestedAttributeTypes>TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES</
requestedAttributeTypes>
<requestedAttributeTypes>COMPETITION</requestedAttributeTypes>
<paging>
<startIndex xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/
v200909">0</startIndex>
<numberResults xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/
v200909">10</numberResults>
</paging>
</selector>
</get>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Response
--------

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:02:18 GMT
Expires: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:02:18 GMT
Server: GSE

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soap:Body>
<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>InternalApiError.UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR @ </
faultstring>
<detail>
<ApiExceptionFault xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/o/
v200909" xmlns:ns2="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/
v200909">
<ns2:message>InternalApiError.UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR @ </
ns2:message>
<ns2:ApplicationException.Type>ApiException</
ns2:ApplicationException.Type>
<ns2:errors xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:type="ns2:InternalApiError">
<ns2:fieldPath></ns2:fieldPath>
<ns2:trigger></ns2:trigger>
<ns2:ApiError.Type>InternalApiError</ns2:ApiError.Type>
<ns2:reason>UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR</ns2:reason></
ns2:errors>
</ApiExceptionFault>
</detail>
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

-----------------END API CALL-----------------------

Michael

Sep 30, 2010, 1:02:57 PM9/30/10
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Sandbox testing shows that this works fine, it's only in the production environment where there is an issue. I really wish someone from google could help with this.

AdWords API Advisor

Oct 1, 2010, 7:14:03 AM10/1/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Michael,

I tried replicating this issue at my end, but my code worked fine both
on sandbox and production. So I have picked your request and response
xmls and asked the AdWords team to investigate this issue. I'll reply
on this thread once I hear from them.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Michael

Oct 4, 2010, 10:18:02 AM10/4/10
to AdWords API Forum
Any update on this? I can send our adwords login email if that will
help figure out the issue.

On Oct 1, 7:14 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> > could help with this.- Hide quoted text -

AdWords API Advisor

Oct 6, 2010, 5:38:36 AM10/6/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Michael,

I traced your issue to another ongoing issue at our end. The issue has
been fixed, and should go live today or tomorrow. Your issue will get
fixed once the fix goes live on our servers.

Cheers,
Anash

Michael

Oct 6, 2010, 10:08:56 AM10/6/10
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks. I will try some testing and get back to you.

Michael

On Oct 6, 5:38 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I traced your issue to another ongoing issue at our end. The issue has
> been fixed, and should go live today or tomorrow. Your issue will get
> fixed once the fix goes live on our servers.
>
> Cheers,
> Anash
>
> On Oct 4, 7:18 pm, Michael <mcarp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Any update on this? I can send our adwords login email if that will
> > help figure out the issue.
>
> > On Oct 1, 7:14 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Hi Michael,
>
> > > I tried replicating this issue at my end, but my code worked fine both
> > > on sandbox and production. So I have picked your request and response
> > > xmls and asked the AdWords team to investigate this issue. I'll reply
> > > on this thread once I hear from them.
>
> > > Cheers,
> > > Anash P. Oommen,
> > > AdWords API Advisor.

Michael

Oct 6, 2010, 4:19:23 PM10/6/10
to AdWords API Forum
Seems to be working. Thanks for the resolution.

Michael