AdWords API Starter Kit Now Available

AdWords API Advisor

Jun 3, 2008, 5:03:13 PM6/3/08
to AdWords API Forum
Learning a new API is sometimes difficult, and writing an application
can be a lengthy process. To make things easier, we've developed the
AdWords API Starter Kit. This collection of high-level functions and
classes speeds up application development by providing:

* A flexible and modifiable codebase that can be used as a base
for a range of AdWords applications
* A functioning demo that generates and adds campaigns, ad groups,
ads, and keywords based on a set of products you define

By taking advantage of the AdWords API Starter Kit framework,
developers can begin using the AdWords API faster, and focus more on
creating customized ways to manage AdWords campaigns.

For more information on the AdWords API Starter Kit:

* Visit the project home page (http://code.google.com/p/adwords-
api-starterkit)
* Read the AdWords API Starter Kit README (http://code.google.com/
p/adwords-api-starterkit/source/browse/trunk/README)

-- David Aubespin, Customer Solutions Engineer

timprepscius

Jun 3, 2008, 7:18:04 PM6/3/08
to AdWords API Forum
Not to sound too much like a troll, however..

I would rather have extensively annotated documentation pages, maybe
in the form of a wiki, than a starter kit.

The API is simple.. The time one spends figuring out and recoding for
all the undocumented special cases is considerable..

Also, the time spent making that starter kit could have been used to
make available via the public api, the getChangedCriteria, maybe a
getChangedAds, or abstract it out, getChangedXXX- all of which would
be infinitely more useful and cost saving for users/developers.

-tim

On Jun 4, 6:03 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>