Insert Keywords = UNEXPECTED INTERNAL API ERROR

MaxT

Nov 30, 2009, 12:40:20 PM11/30/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I'm inserting batches of multiple keywords trough the AdGroupCriterion
Service.
Unfortunately the system is returning more and more UNEXPECTED
INTERNAL API ERROR's
I tried to add about 40000 keywords, and 70% of this operations
returned this error..

I read a lot about this error, and if i'm right it is not my fault.
I tried inserting keywords in batches of 10/20/50/100 and all these
different settings keeps returning there errors.
Can someone please help me, as this is getting very annoying.

My last 2 Request ID's:
57c98e01c76a54563e46e39cf073a03e
7c9c8e7fb08774d657b6cfb5733ee3b4

AdWords API Advisor

Nov 30, 2009, 3:02:27 PM11/30/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing detailed
technical information. The core engineering team is aware of the
issue and working on a fix. If you see this behavior on any other
services please let us know.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

MaxT

Nov 30, 2009, 6:45:02 PM11/30/09
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks for the Information! Hopefully the problem will be solved soon!

In the meantime, is there a chance that i will not get these error if
i work with the BulkMutate Service?

On 30 nov, 21:02, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

MaxT

Dec 1, 2009, 8:28:07 AM12/1/09
to AdWords API Forum
I did some more research on this subject, and i think i found a
possible reason for this error.
It seems that i get more errors when AdGroups contain more than +/-
3000 keywords.
When i create a new AdGroup, and fill this with Keywords, this process
goes very fast until the number of keywords reaches +/- 3000.
After the AdGroup reaches +/- 3000 keywords, the Unexpected Internal
Api Error's keep increasing dramatically.
Maybe this points you API Guys in the right direction tracking this
bug down! :)

On 30 nov, 21:02, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Dec 1, 2009, 9:35:44 AM12/1/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi MaxT,

Thanks for investigating this further. I'll pass your findings on to
the core engineering team.

Best,
- Eric

AdWords API Advisor

Dec 11, 2009, 1:53:20 PM12/11/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi MaxT,

Your information was very useful in tracking down the problem, and
some fixes have been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please
try this process again and let me know if you have any problems.

Best,
- Eric

On Dec 1, 9:35 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>