AdWords API Sandbox Issue

dshevnock

Feb 4, 2008, 11:49:43 AM2/4/08
to AdWords API Forum
I am back to working on our Google API application using PHP and
NuSOAP. The last time I worked with my application, I was able to make
Sandbox calls and everything worked smoothly. Today however, I am
starting to have some issues. Every time I run getClientAccounts, I
receive the "An internal error has occurred. Please retry your
request." error. I have tried running the getClientAccounts,
getUnitCost, getAccountInfo requests, and they all generate the same
error.

Here is the request, response and fault info:

Request
POST /api/adwords/v11/InfoService HTTP/1.0
Host: sandbox.google.com

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:SOAP-
ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:ns7909="http://
tempuri.org">
<SOAP-ENV:Header>
<email>***</email>
<password>***</password>
<useragent>test</useragent>
<developerToken>EMAIL++USD</developerToken>
<applicationToken>***</applicationToken>
</SOAP-ENV:Header>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<getUnitCount ></getUnitCount >
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Response
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:38:14 GMT
Server: GFE/1.3
Connection: Close

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode>soapenv:Server.generalException</faultcode>
<faultstring>An internal error has occurred. Please retry your
request.</faultstring>
<detail>
<ns1:fault xmlns:ns1="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v11">
<ns1:code>0</ns1:code>
<ns1:message>An internal error has occurred. Please retry your
request.</ns1:message>
</ns1:fault>
</detail>
</soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Fault
Array
(
[faultcode] => soapenv:Server.generalException
[faultstring] => An internal error has occurred. Please retry
your request.
[detail] => Array
(
[fault] => Array
(
[code] => 0
[message] => An internal error has occurred.
Please retry your request.
)

)

)

I have narrowed it down to two things: either I am doing something
very silly and simple to cause this, or something might be going on
with the Sandbox. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Dan

Feb 4, 2008, 12:33:58 PM2/4/08
to AdWords API Forum
I'm seeing the same issue, and it seems to be over all API calls that
I've tried (addCampaign & addAdGroup so far)

Another Dan :-)

Dan

Feb 4, 2008, 12:39:38 PM2/4/08
to AdWords API Forum
Also, my calls were working fine yesterday, and I'm using completeley
different technologies to you (ASP & Microsoft XML Parser) so I think
this has to be a problem at the sandbox end.

Dan
> > Dan- Hide quoted text -

dshevnock

Feb 4, 2008, 1:29:03 PM2/4/08
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Dan! I thought I was starting to go crazy!

AdWords API Advisor

Feb 4, 2008, 5:18:18 PM2/4/08
to AdWords API Forum
Unfortunately, we are experiencing an issue on our end with the
Sandbox environment right now. The appropriate folks are looking into
resolving it and I'll post again to let folks know when things have
cleared up.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

dshevnock

Feb 5, 2008, 8:12:38 AM2/5/08
to AdWords API Forum
Is there any sort of ETA on this issue, Jeff?

On Feb 4, 5:18 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Feb 5, 2008, 2:08:19 PM2/5/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Dan,

From what I hear the Sandbox is back up and running. I just sent a
couple of sample requests that failed yesterday and are now going
through as a test.

On Feb 5, 8:12 am, dshevnock <dshevn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any sort of ETA on this issue, Jeff?
>
> On Feb 4, 5:18 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, we are experiencing an issue on our end with the
> >Sandboxenvironment right now. The appropriate folks are looking into
> > resolving it and I'll post again to let folks know when things have
> > cleared up.
>
> > Cheers,
> > -Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team
>
> > On Feb 4, 1:29 pm, dshevnock <dshevn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Thanks Dan! I thought I was starting to go crazy!

dshevnock

Feb 5, 2008, 2:22:16 PM2/5/08
to AdWords API Forum
Yupp, looks like she is back in business.

Thanks Jeff!

On Feb 5, 2:08 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

SmartFlix.com / HeavyInk.com

Feb 5, 2008, 3:58:54 PM2/5/08
to AdWords API Forum

On Feb 5, 2:22 pm, dshevnock <dshevn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yupp, looks like she is back in business.

I tried the sandbox via API, and got

The specified client email does not exist. Your client accounts
may
not exist because either this is your first time using the
sandbox or
the sandbox database has been cleaned. Please remove the
clientEmail
from the request header and call the getClientAccounts method
from
AccountService to ensure that your client accounts are created
and do
exist.

So I did that, and got back an empty array, where I would have
expected (based on
http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/AccountService.html#getClientAccounts
)
an array of 5 accounts, with email addresses
client_1+ACTUAL_ACCOUNT_EMAIL_ADDR,
client_2+ACTUAL_ACCOUNT_EMAIL_ADDR

So, first off: did I get a valid response?

Now for all API requests to the sandbox I get "An internal error has
occurred. Please retry your request."

When I switch from the sandbox to the production server, everything
works fine.

Is this just a problem at my end, or is the problem with the sandbox
back?

If it's at my end, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Travis Corcoran

dshevnock

Feb 5, 2008, 4:07:59 PM2/5/08
to AdWords API Forum
I just ran my getClientAccounts script and it still returned the dummy
client accounts such as:

[0] => client_1+EMAIL_ADDRESS
[1] => client_2+EMAIL_ADDRESS
[2] => client_3+EMAIL_ADDRESS
[3] => client_4+EMAIL_ADDRESS
[4] => client_5+EMAIL_ADDRESS

Is the getClientAccounts request the first one you have ever run, or
have you been able to access the Sandbox previously?

Can you provide the SOAP request and response envelopes that are being
sent and received in regards to the internal errors you mentioned?