keyword variations - negative keywords returned in output for this request

borcho

Oct 1, 2008, 12:08:22 AM10/1/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I am using KeywordVariations to request similar keywords and I get
some of the negative keywords in the result. For example, I submit the
request below and I get keywords such as "leather purses", "discount
leather purses". What am I doing wrong? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

<getKeywordVariations><seedKeywords><negative>false</
text><type>Broad</type></seedKeywords><seedKeywords><negative>true</
text><type>Broad</type></seedKeywords><seedKeywords><negative>true</
seedKeywords><useSynonyms>true</useSynonyms><languages>en</
countries><countries>US</countries></getKeywordVariations>

Boris

AdWords API Advisor

Oct 2, 2008, 11:46:12 AM10/2/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Boris,

That doesn't look like the correct behavior to me. I'll open a bug
about it and let you know what I hear back.

As an aside, you don't need to include the same language and country
value multiple times. You can just list "en" and "US" once. That
shouldn't be causing the behavior you're seeing, though.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

borcho

Oct 2, 2008, 12:31:15 PM10/2/08
to AdWords API Forum
Jeff,

Thanks for your response. I retested the query using the out of the
box Apility library - same result. Let me know if you hear anything
from the engineers or need additional info.

Best regards,

Boris

On Oct 2, 11:46 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Oct 16, 2008, 10:46:18 AM10/16/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Boris,

I wanted to let you know that the engineering team has traced the
source of the bug back to some faulty logic in the keyword variations
code. They're planning on fixing it, but I am afraid I can't provide a
timeline as to when that will go live.

On Oct 2, 12:31 pm, borcho <boris.nenc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Thanks for your response. I retested the query using the out of the
> box Apility library - same result. Let me know if you hear anything
> from the engineers or need additional info.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Boris
>
> On Oct 2, 11:46 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Boris,
>
> >  That doesn't look like the correct behavior to me. I'll open a bug
> > about it and let you know what I hear back.
>
> >  As an aside, you don't need to include the same language and country
> > value multiple times. You can just list "en" and "US" once. That
> > shouldn't be causing the behavior you're seeing, though.
>
> > Cheers,
> > -Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team
>
> > On Oct 1, 12:08 am, borcho <boris.nenc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I am using KeywordVariations to request similar keywords and I get
> > > some of thenegativekeywords in the result. For example, I submit the

AdWords API Advisor

Oct 21, 2008, 10:49:02 AM10/21/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Boris,

Could you give it another try? I believe negative keywords should be
working as intended now. To test, I ran

<getKeywordVariations>
<seedKeywords>
<negative>false</negative>
<text>purses</text>
<type>Broad</type>
</seedKeywords>
<seedKeywords>
<negative>true</negative>
<text>leather</text>
<type>Broad</type>
</seedKeywords>
<useSynonyms>false</useSynonyms>
<languages>en</languages>
<countries>US</countries>
</getKeywordVariations>

and none of the results came back with the word "leather" in them. If
you have a counter-example of a getKeywordVariations() call that does
not appear to be working as expected right now, let me know.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

On Oct 16, 10:46 am, AdWords API Advisor

borcho

Oct 22, 2008, 6:43:54 AM10/22/08
to AdWords API Forum
Jeff,

It's fixed. Also, thank you for the great new release!

Borcho

On Oct 21, 10:49 am, AdWords API Advisor