502 errors when debugging

WebVisible

Apr 1, 2009, 2:39:41 PM4/1/09
to AdWords API Forum
We have an application that talks to the AdWords API. It's written
in .NET 3.5 C# and talking to v13 of the AdWords API. The application
works just fine in production, but when trying to debug some calls, it
returns a 502 "Bad Gateway" error repeatedly. Specifically, we try to
call scheduleReportJob() and it fails. Retrying over and over doesn't
work. Any idea why it's specific to debugging and not production?

AdWords API Advisor

Apr 2, 2009, 11:58:46 AM4/2/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I'm sorry that you're running into this. Our core engineering team
has noticed a recent spate of 502 errors in our Production services,
and are taking steps to isolate and resolve the problem.

502 "Bad Gateway" errors are most common in our environment when one
of our backend servers has trouble communicating with another internal
server, and is normally not something that you as an end user can do
to avoid. There shouldn't be any connection to whether you're running
your code in the debugger or not, though if you code hits a different
set of backend servers in between calls you may or may not see the
errors.

I'll update the thread with more information when I have it.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

WebVisible

Apr 7, 2009, 12:33:28 PM4/7/09
to AdWords API Forum
Any update on this? It's been about a week since we've been able to
get any reporting.

AdWords API Advisor

Apr 7, 2009, 5:26:43 PM4/7/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I know that the engineering team is specifically looking into your
situation, as I believe that it's also been escalated by some of your
AdWords represenatives (I'm basing that on your "WebVisible" Groups
handle). But no, I have not heard of a resolution yet.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

AdWords API Advisor

Apr 13, 2009, 12:32:18 PM4/13/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

My understanding is that there was a configuration change made on
Google's end late last week that the engineering team believes should
address the increased number of 502 or 503 error responses. The logs
have looked much better since the change went out.

If anyone is still getting reproducible 502 or 503 HTTP errors when
making their SOAP requests, please let us know.

On Apr 7, 5:26 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>