Announcing the AdWords Commercial Developer Program

AdWordsAPIAdvisor

Sep 30, 2005, 6:26:31 PM9/30/05
to AdWords API Forum
On January 1, 2006, we will launch the new AdWords Commercial Developer
Program, an optional program designed to help commercial AdWords
developers meet their client and business needs by providing greater
API access and support.

This voluntary program will be open to all commercial developers who
require more quota units than are provided in their free quota
allocations.

Launched at the request of some of our commercial developers, the
AdWords Commercial Developer Program is designed to augment the current
free quota system by providing greater quota limits to commercial API
developers. Therefore, those developers who opt not to join the program
can continue to leverage the API as they always have via their free
quota allocations.

Starting in early December, a link to a registration page will be
posted to the API home page and blog for those who wish to enroll in
the program. We will continue to update you as more details become
available.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope that this new
program helps you to develop more innovative solutions that drive
greater value for your customers.

--Rohit Dhawan, Product Manager

csims

Sep 30, 2005, 6:37:05 PM9/30/05
to AdWords API Forum
Can you give us any previews of the 'greater API Access' ? I am
especially interested in opportunities for performance improvements on
accounts with a few million active keywords. Thanks!

van...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2005, 3:20:55 AM10/3/05
to AdWords API Forum
Dear Rohit,

This is great news!
We're very interested in enrolling for this program.

Below you'll find the e-mail we send to Google a couple of times, but
didn't receive any response to. Do you think this program will solve
our quota problems entirely?
Dear Sir/Madam,

Last months we have been busy developing software which enables us to
create more advanced campaigns using Google AdWords and Overture.

For Google AdWords we have developed a tool which enables us to
generate
text ads for the actual online offer from our clients. We use Google
API for this
application.

For Interhome, Europe's largest company in Holiday Home rentals, we
have
recently entered an AdWords campaign for all their accommodations in
Switzerland and Austria.
If one searches for a certain destination e.g. Vienna or Zillertal, a
text add with a specific
accommodation in that area is shown in the sponsored links list. The
add contains basic specs
of that specific accommodation. At the moment the campaign runs in the
Netherlands.

Interhome is very enthusiastic about our approach, since they are able
to reach their potential
customers more specific and offer them a direct link to the
accommodation. As their conversion
rates improve compared with the "traditional popular keyword
campaign" they are interested increasing
their Adwords budget and implement the specific text ads for all
countries where they have accommodations
for rent. Unfortunately we do not have any automated queries left to do
this.

Since we are convinced that our unique Toading approach is also very
interesting for Google;

- increased user experience as text ads become more relevant
- increased AdWords income since clients are interested to spent more
money

At www.toading.com you are able to find more information. We hope that
you are also enthusiastic about our
service and hope that you are able to contact us to talk about an
increased number of automated queries which
we can use to implement more campaigns. A lot of major companies have
already shown interest but we are not
able to help them at the moment because of the limited amount of Google
API automated queries we have.

Thanks for your time and we look forward to your response.

Friendly greetings,

Mathijs van Abbe
Toading
www.toading.com

Peer

Oct 13, 2005, 7:29:43 AM10/13/05
to AdWords API Forum
There is something i do not understand about this commercial developer
program. We are a company spending millions of dollars on adwords and
we therefore have google account managers assigned to us.

Many of our clients wants to add millions of keywords, and we can
either do this using the API or sending excel files to our account
managers.

1. Sending excel files to our account managers is free.
2. Sending 1 million keywords, if lets say the price of 1000 quoatas is
2$, would cost our client 1.000.000 kw x 50 quota/kw x 0.002 $/quota =
100000$

So ofcourse we will go for option 1. We would prefer option 2, but
google just doesn't give us a choice. A choice that is much more
expensive for Google.

Peer Jakobsen
eSearchVision