Unique Creative ID

ewan

Sep 29, 2009, 4:47:41 AM9/29/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

From using the API operations I've always been under the assumption
that a creative id is only guaranteed to be unique within an
individual ad group. However, I just wanted to confirm that I'm
correct because I've noticed a potential hole in the tracking systems
I build. The AdWords dynamic URL insertion mechanism only allows me
to insert the {creative} tag into URL's to identify the ad that lead
to a click. However, if this isn't actually unique I could
potentially be matching up the wrong ad and would need to manually ad
account, campaign, adgroup id's etc to every URL.

Thanks,

Ewan

AdWords API Advisor

Sep 30, 2009, 8:46:35 PM9/30/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ewan,

I believe that the creative IDs are unique, but I will need to confirm
this. I'll update this thread when I have more information.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

webclient

Sep 5, 2011, 4:23:00 AM9/5/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Do you have an answer, now? I have the same question.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Koleda

Sep 6, 2011, 12:39:13 PM9/6/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As far as I know we don't guarantee the ad IDs to be globally unique.  Some customer create their own unique IDs in each ad's destination URL so they can track them consistently.

Best,
- Eric

jameel Ahmed

Nov 4, 2012, 2:14:20 AM11/4/12