getUnitCountForMethod not returning latest units?

eelco.v987

Mar 26, 2008, 7:31:51 AM3/26/08
to AdWords API Forum
As asked by our administration department, I tried to track specific
unit usage, works ok in general,
but when I use a period from 2008-01-01 upto 2008-02-01 I get a
(presumably) correct result.

However I can't get a result for anything starting after february upto
the current date (it always returns 0).
Is there some kind of undocumented time-passing period before this
data is retreivable or is there another reason for this?

As always, many thanks in advance,

Eelco

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 26, 2008, 4:39:26 PM3/26/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Eelco,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've let the engineering
team know and I'll update folks when there is a resolution.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

eelco.v987

Mar 27, 2008, 12:40:21 PM3/27/08
to AdWords API Forum
In our usual proces the getUnitCountForMethod ran again today, this
time it gave 2.658.262 units,
no matter if i set it from feb 1st to march 6th, or feb march 1st to
march 6th.
Since we run an adwords update everyday there should be some
difference in a day let a lone a month time.
I'm not rambling, just keeping you informed :)

btw, I assume that the v12 update doesn't clear any such data??

Regards,
Eelco

On 26 mrt, 21:39, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> > Eelco- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 27, 2008, 5:25:04 PM3/27/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Eelco,

No, moving to v12 shouldn't have any affect here. The engineers are
aware of the underlying issue and are working on getting the data re-
populated. I'll update this thread when that's complete.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 31, 2008, 11:14:07 AM3/31/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Eelco,

Could you try the getUnitCountForMethod() request again? The data
should be properly re-populated at this point (and moving forward).

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

On Mar 27, 5:25 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

eelco.v987

Apr 1, 2008, 3:40:26 AM4/1/08
to AdWords API Forum
Jeff,

Thanks for the update.

Though I am not completely sure, the amount of units seems more
correct than last week,
however looking at our bill for the API units in the specific period,
it's only half the count.
(I'm only checking the methods we use in our daily update process)

On 31 mrt, 17:14, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

eelco.v987

Apr 1, 2008, 4:02:34 AM4/1/08
to AdWords API Forum
Jeff, my appologies for the previous message, I responded too soon
(this time it's our own fault).
All is working fine.
Thanks for your (and everybody else's) efforts in regard to this
issue :)

Regards,
Eelco

On 31 mrt, 17:14, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

Reed

Apr 1, 2008, 9:56:29 AM4/1/08
to AdWords API Forum
Jeff: THANKS! I have a job that runs every evening tochecks our
month-to-date usage against a predefined threshold, and it has been
driving the accounting people crazy that the total of the
getUnitCountforMethod() calls never adds up to the total that is
reported by the API and the GUI. I checked last night's run, and the
numbers are now very close, which is fantastic!
-reed

On Mar 31, 11:14 am, AdWords API Advisor

Reed

Apr 7, 2008, 2:17:38 PM4/7/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Jeff - can you verify that this problem is still fixed? It
looked good for a couple of days, but for all of the calls that I have
made this month, the numbers are zero. The number returned for
overall API usage is correct, but for the individual methods all I get
are zeros.

thanks
Reed

On Mar 26, 4:39 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> > Eelco- Hide quoted text -

AdWords API Advisor

Apr 7, 2008, 2:39:31 PM4/7/08
to AdWords API Forum
I'll ping the person responsible for this and check--apologies if the
issue cropped up again.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

AdWords API Advisor

Apr 9, 2008, 11:49:32 AM4/9/08
to AdWords API Forum
This data is being repopulated and should be available up until April
8 within the next few hours.

Word is that the underlying job responsible for keeping this data up
to date has been remediated as well, but I'll test and follow up with
the engineer responsible in a few days to ensure that it is moving

On Apr 7, 2:39 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>