By a PHP Script - How to get global or local Search Volume of keyword(s) for a country or Google.com international data

SEO Programmer

Nov 2, 2010, 12:55:51 AM11/2/10
to AdWords API Forum
I want to get the Global search volume of a keyword programmatically
by a PHP Script.

By Adwords API or some other API I want to get this data.

I want to know Local or Global both search volumes, if possible for a
particular country.

Thanks

Bikram Choudhury

AdWords API Advisor

Nov 3, 2010, 2:26:27 PM11/3/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Bikram,

This is possible using the TargetingIdeaService.

http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/reference/latest/TargetingIdeaService.html

The search volume stats are available in the GLOBAL_MONTHLY_SEARCHES,
TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES, and AVERAGE_TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES
attributes:

http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/reference/latest/TargetingIdeaService.AttributeType.html

An example using this service is included in the PHP client library:

http://code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-php/source/browse/trunk/examples/v201008/GetRelatedKeywords.php

Although, if you already know the keywords you want stats for then you
can use the IdeaType STATS instead. If you haven't yet registered for
access to the API that can be done here:

https://adwords.google.com/support/aw/adwordsapi/bin/answer.py?answer=15104

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team