API Unit Usage Not Showing up

Phil

Mar 19, 2009, 11:52:18 AM3/19/09
to AdWords API Forum
We have just rolled out an application using API and the Unit Usage
from 3 days ago is not showing up. It says on the page where this is
viewed that it is updated daily. Anyone know whats going on there?
Have we not been charged? :)

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 19, 2009, 1:31:55 PM3/19/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Phil,

The AdWords API Center web interface should show your API unit usage
from previous days, yes. I haven't heard about anything that might
have prevented this display from being updated recently.

If you could let me know the customer id for your MCC account, I
could look into things on our end and see if anything is out of sync.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

ReedP

Mar 19, 2009, 2:54:17 PM3/19/09
to AdWords API Forum
I have a job that runs each night to check all of our usages, and it's
been getting numbers for the last three days (and before that
probably, I only checked the last three days).
-reed

On Mar 19, 1:31 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> > Have we not been charged? :)- Hide quoted text -

Phil

Mar 20, 2009, 5:47:50 AM3/20/09
to AdWords API Forum
HI, It has updated now.
It has been 3 or 4 days (depending on when the Google day passes).
Thank you for your reply, however.
Regards
Phil.

On Mar 19, 5:31 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

Phil

Mar 20, 2009, 5:48:53 AM3/20/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Must have been a web thing. Now the data is showing, (and your
comment), proves it was still being stored. I had a glimmer of hope
that they had decided to stop charging.
:)
Phil.

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 20, 2009, 12:27:20 PM3/20/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I have a bug open with the engineering team to determine whether
there was some underlying problem that prevented the display in the
web interface from being updated. Hopefully if there is a problem we
can get it resolved so that no further confusion ensues.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

Phil

Mar 23, 2009, 4:42:11 AM3/23/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for that.

...one day will this all be free and easy?

On Mar 20, 4:27 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 23, 2009, 11:33:05 AM3/23/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

To update the thread: there was an issue that prevented AdWords API
usage information from being updated following the scheduled downtime
on March 14. For a few days after there was a backlog of usage info,
and both the display in the AdWords web interface and the count
returned via the InfoService was out of date. The engineering team
believes that this issue is resolved now, and that the underlying
circumstances leading to it should not recur.

They did identify a window of about an hour on March 14 for which
they were not able to retrieve usage information, and any calls made
during that window of time will not incur any charges (nor will they
be reflected in the InfoService or the web interface's usage count).
However, this window took place during the scheduled downtime, so
there should have been only a small amount of traffic that got through
during that time.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.