Help Us Make Our Documentation Better

AdWords API Advisor

Aug 27, 2007, 2:53:48 PM8/27/07
to AdWords API Forum
Hey Everyone --

Making our Developer Guide (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/
developer/) and Help Center (http://www.google.com/support/
adwordsapi/) as clear and comprehensive as possible is a big deal to
us. Tell us how we're doing! What's working and, more importantly,
what's confusing or just plain missing?

-- Brian Kennish, AdWords API Team

ryanra...@treeservicedirect.com

Aug 29, 2007, 8:42:13 PM8/29/07
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Brian,

I was looking for .Net c# info, I am not the greatest dev ont he
planet, but I cannot find any info? I have read in some places that
there is a package to install for the dll?

When I go here
http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/net.html

I can see the examples but when I go to the homepage there is no
information located here? No downloads no source? I understand that
it is a WSDL to add as a reference but I guess I am lacking basic
knowledge on how to setup my environment on how to do basic
functions? Like pulling the daily cost for all my campains into my
app?

Any Ideas? I guess I could post for help, but I like to dissolve all
other options before asking for help.

Thanks
Ryan

zdvso...@hotmail.com

Aug 30, 2007, 4:57:09 AM8/30/07
to AdWords API Forum
Well some explanation on enumeration CustomReportOption wouldn't hurt:
- What the respective name in the report will be.
- What the meaning of this option is.
For instance, it took me some time to figure out that MaxCPC/
MaximumCpc is the MaxCPC of the keyword at report creation time, not
the MaxCPC at the time of the click.

Mark St. John

Aug 30, 2007, 3:40:20 PM8/30/07
to AdWords API Forum
I agree. The Adwords API documentation is very good in general.
However, it would be very helpful if you could document which XML
attributes correspond to which CustomReportOptions.

On Aug 30, 3:57 am, "zdvsoftw...@hotmail.com"

AdWords API Advisor

Aug 31, 2007, 8:13:55 PM8/31/07
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks for the feedback guys!

ryanrayfi...@treeservicedirect.com wrote:
> When I go here
> http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/net.html
>
> I can see the examples but when I go to the homepage there is no
> information located here? No downloads no source?

We have C# library and sample code, but the UI is kind of tricky to
navigate. Click the Source tab from where you're at, then follow the
directions to download or browse the repository.

Mark St. John wrote:
> However, it would be very helpful if you could document which XML
> attributes correspond to which CustomReportOptions.

Sounds like a to-do, we also got this request off list.

-- Brian

sally

Sep 3, 2007, 10:03:56 AM9/3/07
to AdWords API Forum

It is not clear from the AdWords API Developer's Guide if there is a
delay for the StatsRecord or it is actual fo every query.

trex005

Sep 4, 2007, 4:00:14 PM9/4/07
to AdWords API Forum
Since the extent of the documentation for the c# version is :
"There is no binary release for this project. You need to use a
subversion client to checkout the code, then oipen the project in
Visual Studio."
It is hard to tell if it is even rolling. When downloading the
source, and just compiling using the only example given, it still
errors on runtime with a null reference exception. It seems like the
entire .NET section could use drastically more attention.

God Bless,
Travis Harris

On Aug 27, 2:53 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Sep 10, 2007, 4:10:49 PM9/10/07
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you for your suggestions for improving our documentation and
website. Most documentation questions were about adding detail to the
documentation about (1) the exact column names in reports that come
back and (2) what SOAP type each of those columns map to. There were
also questions about StatsRecord and wanting more detail about what
fields contain what data for various ad types.

We will work on providing this information and will report back to
this forum when we publish it.

As always, please continue to post your suggestions to the forum so we
can continue to enhance our service and documentation based on your
feedback.

-Doug Kramer
Sr. Technical Writer