Huge Error in API v12?

Conrad Creel

May 27, 2008, 2:45:32 PM5/27/08
to AdWords API Forum
Check out: http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/adwords_api_report_keyword.html

Look at the optional columns and scroll down to what should be
"CostPerConversion". Note the spelling on the page as:
"CostPerConverstion" with the added 't'. Now, at first I thought this
was just a typo in the webpage, no big deal. When I tried passing
this column (spelled correctly) in the array
DefinedReportJob.selectedColumns, I kept getting that infamous "One or
more report job parameters is invalid.". I remember noting to myself
when I was reading the columns that it was misspelled. So I tried the
misspelling when adding it to the selectedColumns array, and what do
you know, it validated correctly.

Am I crazy or is this just a huge typo that was not caught? Let me
know.

Thanks,

-- Conrad

AdWords API Advisor

May 27, 2008, 4:02:03 PM5/27/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Conrad,

Yes, this is a typo in our internal codebase that unfortunately made
it out to the wild. The engineering team is aware of it, but it's not
something that is likely to change, so you can confidently move
forward using the CostPerConverstion spelling as indicated in the
documentation.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team