Unable to select ProductAds from AdGroup

SuntekSolutions

Dec 12, 2010, 6:51:05 PM12/12/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

When I use the AdGroupAdSelector to select my ads in a adgroup it only
returns the textAds without the productAds that are in the group. How
can I also get the product ads so that I can minipulate the promotion
text with the correct price for my product that I am selling? Code
below:

a_service =
CType(User.GetService(Google.Api.Ads.AdWords.Lib.AdWordsService.v201008.AdGroupAdService),
AdGroupAdService)
Dim a_selector As New AdGroupAdSelector()
Dim a_stat As New AdStatsSelector()
a_stat.dateRange = StatsSelector.dateRange
a_selector.statsSelector = a_stat
a_selector.adGroupIds() = New Long() {gID}

Dim a_page As AdGroupAdPage = a_service.get(a_selector)
Dim lst As New List(Of AdGroupAd)

AdWords API Advisor

Dec 14, 2010, 12:52:24 PM12/14/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I've been able to replicate this issue, and it seems to be a problem
with how the API is retrieving the ads. I'll work with the core
engineering team to resolve the issue, but it's likely that a fix
won't be available until January at the earliest.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

SuntekSolutions

Dec 14, 2010, 9:02:59 PM12/14/10
to AdWords API Forum
Cool, do I get an Free API Credits for helping the team???:):)???

Scott

On Dec 14, 9:52 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> >         Dim lst As New List(Of AdGroupAd)- Hide quoted text -

AdWords API Advisor

Dec 15, 2010, 11:29:21 AM12/15/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately not, but we do appreciate the help. The core
engineering team has isolated and fixed the issue. The fix won't be
rolled out until early January however.

Best,
- Eric