internal error when creating campaign on sandbox

Marco T.

Feb 3, 2009, 4:58:35 AM2/3/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello to everybody.
I can't create new campaign into the sanbox after the cleaning.

I obtaing this error:
<soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode>soapenv:Server.generalException</faultcode>
<faultstring>An internal error has occurred. Please retry your
request.</faultstring>
<detail>
<ns1:fault xmlns:ns1="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/
v13">
<ns1:code>0</ns1:code>
<ns1:message>An internal error has occurred. Please retry your
request.</ns1:message>
</ns1:fault>
</detail>
</soapenv:Fault>

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Marco

xparrot

Feb 3, 2009, 8:52:17 AM2/3/09
to AdWords API Forum
I'm getting the same error. getAllAdWordsCampaigns is also failing by
returning null. Both methods worked fine yesterday. Hopefully the
adwords guys will take a look at this.

AdWords API Advisor

Feb 3, 2009, 11:16:18 AM2/3/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Yes, this is unfortunately the same behavior we've seen in previous
months following a Sandbox database refresh. The engineering team is
actively looking into resolving this, and apologies again that it has
recurred.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

ste...@smecsells.com

Feb 3, 2009, 11:16:39 AM2/3/09
to AdWords API Forum
I got the same error whole day when I try to create a new campaign.

xparrot

Feb 3, 2009, 1:48:31 PM2/3/09
to AdWords API Forum
Looks like this is working now.

Why do I get the idea that this group serves as google's QA/testing
department? :)

Jeff P: Maybe you guys at google should create a basic test script
that adds some basic campaigns, adgroups, keywords, etc, and you can
run it after every sandbox refresh. That way you would know
immediately when things are broken and you could post something to
this group letting everyone know that the sandbox is malfunctioning.

Thanks
Derek

AdWords API Advisor

Feb 3, 2009, 2:16:20 PM2/3/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Derek,

Yes, a member of the engineering team just restarted the Sandbox
servers, and things do appear to be functional.

This behavior does appear to be tightly coupled with the Sandbox DB
refreshes. The issue, though, is that the refresh took place late last
Friday (as previously announced), and this behavior didn't crop up
until Tuesday morning. It's that discrepancy in timing that makes it
difficult to determine what the underlying problem is, and why it take
days to manifest itself.

In any case, please let us know if anyone sees any additional issues.